Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2017 12:09:29 AM EDT
I had a chance to shoot my new 2.0 9mm today and I'm very impressed. Smith & Wesson has hit a home run with this pistol. The ergos were already good, but the "rough as a cob" grips are outstanding. The original grips were always a little slick for me. The trigger's positive felt short reset is an upgrade over the original also. Accuracy for me was about the same as1.0, but the pistol was much easier to shoot . I'm thinking some upgraded sights will be all I need to make this perfect for me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I got rid of my old M&P 9c to buy a Glock 19. If the 2.0, especially the 2.0c had been available I would have bought one instead.

I held one in store today. Fantastic feeling pistol. Drastically different from the first gen. I will be buying one.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Smith came to my school and gave us an armorer's course on the 2.0 and Shield .45. They really sold me on it. Very nice guns, with significant improvements over the first gen.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 12:29:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Smith & Wesson has hit a home run with this pistol.
View Quote

Barring any freak issues that pop up after some use (cough Sig P320) I totally agree, home run.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree the 2.0 is a nice firearm.

Currently own both the 9c older 12rd and a new full size 2.0 I prefer to carry the 9c but now that S&W came up with the 9c 2.0 with a 15rd magazine I am wanting to try it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:06:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm getting a bonus later this year and the 2.0 has been on my radar since they came out.

I just hope the price stays as low as they are now. Very interested in this gun.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Finally held one today and wow it feels great I really wanna get me one, but first I need to sell my G19 MOS slide W/ trijicon RMR to fun the purchase Lol wife hates when I buy new guns ha ha but it definitely feels good and I'm a Glock fan looks good and the magazines eject with some serious force which is great...
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I was lucky enough to recently win a 2.0 with night sights. I like the texture and the 4 back straps. I also like the metal magazines. I'm not a big M&P person, but I can see how people would like this gun.
Attachment Attached File

Wait, what's this crazy anti gun logo on the slide?Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was lucky enough to recently win a 2.0 with night sights. I like the texture and the 4 back straps. I also like the metal magazines. I'm not a big M&P person, but I can see how people would like this gun.

Wait, what's this crazy anti gun logo on the slide?https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/55995/IMG_0213-330998.JPG
View Quote
An RMR or top serrations from ATEI should take care of that nonsense.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:05:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Got my M&P 2.0 Compact in and made it to the range today. Fired over 150 rounds right out of the box, not an issue.

I shoot it better than my Glock 19s, Gen4 and Gen3 and shoot it better than my Sig P320 Compact.

I got the LE model, three mags, thumb safety, and three dot night sights.

Even with just 150 rounds, the trigger got smoother.

When I picked it up yesterday the first thing I was going to do was use some 600 grit sandpaper and smooth the grips, DON'T do it!

Shoot the pistol first. I thought for sure the grips would be way too aggressive, they work perfectly.

I can usually find something wrong with when I first shoot a new pistol or atleast something I want to change, still working on it but for a first time I don't have anything to do to this pistol.

So is it worth it, short term yes, long-term, looks promising.

Target 8-10 yards away, 50 rounds, 9mm
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 9:16:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I believe the roughness of the grips will smooth out a little over time. I had a Glock stippled by Boresight Solutions in their most aggressive pattern and it felt almost identical to the 2.0. It smoothed out a little over time, but is still just right on the rough side.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Took my 2.0 longslide out for the first time today...

Initial thoughts:

Grip texture was awesome

Trigger was excellent for a factory gun. ATEi and Apex are still better.

Accurate!

Need to work out how stiff the slide release is. Even the main slide release is really stiff. I do the over the top method generally but the few times I used the release it was stiff.

All in all love this new M&P.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 1:07:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I ran a few mags of Wolf today. It can't produce groups like my Sig or CZ, but I'm still pretty tickeled with my 2.0. I still haven't added my fiber optic sights which will help me quite a bit I believe. This was at 10yds, semi rapid fire on the left and taking my time on the right.  

[/url]2017-10-16_11-43-27 by , on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 9:43:07 PM EDT
[#13]
The slide release now has a detent.  It is not a slide release...it is a slide stop.  The difference is that if you slam the magazine in with enough force, the slide will no longer go to battery.   If you don't sling shot your slide you will need to practice this and adapt this method with the 2.0.
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The slide release now has a detent.  It is not a slide release...it is a slide stop.  The difference is that if you slam the magazine in with enough force, the slide will no longer go to battery.   If you don't sling shot your slide you will need to practice this and adapt this method with the 2.0.
View Quote
Mine works perfectly well as a slide release still on both of my 2.0s. No sling shot necessary here.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 1:38:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Mine works perfectly well as a slide release still on both of my 2.0s. No sling shot necessary here.
View Quote
does it suck for a lefty?
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:21:52 AM EDT
[#16]
any other results from those that purchased their 2.0 compact?
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not at all.  Very stiff at first but after a few hundred rounds mine has loosened up nicely, close to buddy's G5 Glock if you've handled one of those. I'm still a sling shot guy however, hard to teach an old dog new tricks !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top