Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2017 7:17:10 PM EDT
As the title says ... how hard is it to install sights on it?
Possible with a sight pusher off Amazon?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been installing sights for a long time using brass, nylon, and Delrin punches and a small tap hammer. If you have a good vice it really isn't that hard to do. Just don't rush it. Those sight pushers are a might spendy unless you going to be doing lots of them. IM me and I'll walk ya through it if you would like.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#2]
If you own (or plan to own) more than one handgun, it's worthwhile to buy a pusher. There are numerous ones out there, some better than others. But I'd say any of them is better than trying to use a punch when the sights are tightly fitted.  I've had some that weren't trivial to remove even with a pusher.  But the pusher will always get the job done and won't mess up your gun if used correctly.  As I recall, the Shield factory sights are pretty tight. You can try a brass punch first, doesn't cost much and the brass won't damage the gun.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 6:18:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought this one on Amazon. As was mentioned, if you own (or plan to own) more than one handgun, it's worth it. I've also done a couple for friends for a measly fee.

Wheeler Sight Tool
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 11:11:20 PM EDT
[#4]
XS sights do not recommend the use of sight pushers or hammer and punches. They need to be pushed in by hand and secured with red loctite. I would call to confirm, I sent them my slide to install. They are great people and know some of the employees personally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top