Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2017 8:06:56 AM EDT
Folded and bought a shield. Looking at night sights. XS big dots caught my eye. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:47:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had Truglo TFOs for ten years on my pistols and have loved them.

I just bought a Shield a couple of days ago, and am expecting the regular Truglo tritium sights to show up today or tomorrow.  I got them for $45...went the cheaper route.  I didn't feel the need for fiber optic this time.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:18:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
XS big dots caught my eye.
View Quote

Was that an intentional joke? Lol if so.   Anyway, I've tried the Big Dots and personally didn't like them. What I mean by that is I did not shoot nearly as well or as quickly when my gun had them on it, as compared to the factory setup.

They seem to be well-made, and a lot of people like them, but they didn't work for me at all. I ended up going with Trijicon HDs and I'm happy with those.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:37:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Big Dot is not a fine long range match shooting accuracy sight (BIG dot & the rear sight design), but it works as large high visibility quick use sight option for up close and quick use it's pretty good!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:39:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Was that an intentional joke? Lol if so.   Anyway, I've tried the Big Dots and personally didn't like them. What I mean by that is I did not shoot nearly as well or as quickly when my gun had them on it, as compared to the factory setup.

They seem to be well-made, and a lot of people like them, but they didn't work for me at all. I ended up going with Trijicon HDs and I'm happy with those.
View Quote
my experience as well. got rid of them. after trying Ameriglo CAP sights I have them on five guns, more to follow.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Big Dot is not a fine long range match shooting accuracy sight (BIG dot & the rear sight design), but it works as large high visibility quick use sight option for up close and quick use it's pretty good!
View Quote
Its a Shield... I don't think they are generally bought for long range shooting.  I have XS regular dots on most of my pistols.  I love the rear sight... just dot the I and you are on target.  If you haven't looks at the standard XS sights, check them out.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 8:48:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is all I'm looking for.  When the adrenaline dump hits, I think a lot of folks won't ever see their little precise dots on their front sights.  

The difference lies between range-wizards and those of us who expect an encounter at, max, 25 feet with our CCW firearm.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I put Trijicon HD's w/ the orange front outline on every handgun I own.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top