Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2017 9:34:47 AM EDT
I have searched for a while and I have not seen a Black 2.0 9mm with a 5" barrel any where.  The only one I have seen is the FDE.  Does anyone know when these will be available or if there are, where are they?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#1]
"eventually"
I don't think they've even been officially announced yet.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#2]
In the overview on their website says that it is available in black and FDE.  I just haven't seen the black one for sale or when they will be released.  I guess I will patiently wait
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In the overview on their website says that it is available in black and FDE.  I just haven't seen the black one for sale or when they will be released.  I guess I will patiently wait
View Quote

That's a copy/paste of the 2.0 description, not specific to the 5" guns.  I'm sure they'll come eventually, but I've not even seen a picture of a black 5" or a FDE 4.25".
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#4]
And will they make them without a thumb safety????
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#5]
From what I am seeing, a lot of guys are removing the thumb safety and installing the plugs. S&W will apparently send you some for free if you request them.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
From what I am seeing, a lot of guys are removing the thumb safety and installing the plugs. S&W will apparently send you some for free if you request them.  
View Quote

yep, haven't seen mine yet though, they said give it a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:41:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
And will they make them without a thumb safety????
View Quote

I would imagine they might, but the thumb safety is apparently very easy to remove and s&w will supply plugs to fill the notches if you do remove.

Edit.  A little late
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Local shop had black 5" in stock. Just got them in a couple of hours ago....they are out there.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Local shop had black 5" in stock. Just got them in a couple of hours ago....they are out there.
View Quote
Did you actually see that it was a 2.0? Every shop that I have checked with in the last week has not seen them or even heard of them being available.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:06:48 AM EDT
[#10]
no such thing as a black 5" 2.0

and ive been trying to get plugs for over a month. I just bought a set, S&W says they don't have them in stock even though they said they'd ship in 2 weeks
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 3:48:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Is there no 5" 2.0 models or are they just not available in black?
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is there no 5" 2.0 models or are they just not available in black?
View Quote

The 5" 2.0 is only available in FDE at the moment.  Hopefully we will see a black version sometime in the near future. I have asked several dealers about it and none of them have heard if or when they will be available.  I even went as far as emailing Smith and Wesson about it.  I didn't expect to get much of a response out of them, (which I didn't) but I figured it didn't cost me anything to ask.   I have a 4.25" model on the way for now.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:55:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
no such thing as a black 5" 2.0

and ive been trying to get plugs for over a month. I just bought a set, S&W says they don't have them in stock even though they said they'd ship in 2 weeks
View Quote
There will be a black, no-safety, 5.0". Verified by S&W on the phone.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Did they happen to say when it might be release?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good to hear.I'll look forward to getting one then.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I picked up my 2.0 this morning and the dealer had the plugs on hand. It seems a lot of places are asking for the plugs so they can swap out the safety levers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top