Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/13/2003 6:41:38 AM EDT
Hi guys, I got one of these yesterday. At first I loved the straight backstrap ala 1911, then I was thinking it's fugly compared to a regular 92/96, now I'm Ok with the cosmetics.
I have to get down to the second knuckle on my shooting finger to shoot double action, I guess the D spring will fix that?
I went to Beretta USA, it's not even on their site, found it on the Italian site, when I went to the accessories page all I found was a bunch of gay looking belts and holsters...where do I find a light for this thing, and eventually a laser?
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 11:17:56 AM EDT
Do you mean like a tactical light? Well there are many manufactures, the IMO the best has to be SureFire. Its used by many SWAT units, and Military units alike. Also with the same units from SureFire you could possible buy a laser and use it with the same housing.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 11:27:12 AM EDT
Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:28:23 AM EDT
Semi-custom leather makers like Lou Alessi, Milt Sparks, Mitch Rosen and probably Kramer Leather offer holsters for the Vertec.
They will not fit with something mounted on the rail though.
The D spring will only lighten the trigger pull. The Vertec has the Short trigger installed. You sound like you need the standard trigger.
Contact Ernest Langdon. He can supply you a replacement, also ones with over travel stops.
www.langdontactical.com

Lou Alessi
www.rfholsters.com/rfholsters/
www.carryguns.com/showcat.php?cat=Holsters
lfalessi@cs.com

Milt Sparks
www.miltsparks.com

Mitch Rosen
www.mitchrosen.com

Kramer Leather
www.kramerleather.com

Right now Lou Alessi is building a full shark skin rig for my Beretta 92g Elite II. I can't wait to get it.
-Steve
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 9:10:34 AM EDT
Cool!
Thanks Steve.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 6:02:26 PM EDT
newer model vertecs are supposed to be coming with standard triggers already installed
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 1:35:35 PM EDT
Hummm, does that mean that if I were to buy a Vertec today it will likely have a standard trigger? I am hoping to get the short trigger for the shortest reach available on the pistol. How can one tell?
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 2:08:05 PM EDT
I was shooting it like it was a target gun or something when I posted before on the trigger pull...it's a damn good combat double action.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 4:52:13 PM EDT
About a light to attach to it, the Vertec and Glock use the same rail, which is identical to the rails on AR handgaurds but with only one slot. Any light that will attach to a Glock rail will work on the Vertec, as will most accessory rail lights. If there's enough space on the rail you can attach other AR accessories like a forward hand grip, but that would be manufacturing an AOW without a tax stamp so I'd skip the forward pistol grip.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 6:14:12 AM EDT
Hey Bear,
What part of Utah do you live? I'm in the Ogden area....just got back from Canada...picked up a Elite 1A 96 G Brigadier the other morning...
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 2:05:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bogster:
Hey Bear,
What part of Utah do you live? I'm in the Ogden area....just got back from Canada...picked up a Elite 1A 96 G Brigadier the other morning...

Hiya Bogster,
I'm just south of Richfield, which is about 180 miles south of SLC, just off I70.
Top Top