Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2003 5:47:00 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience or thoughts on these pistols?
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:28:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Fairly reliable once broken in. The safety is tough to flip back on until broken in. Lack of an aftermarket. Pretty big grip. I've heard of issues with the sights coming out of the dovetails. Thick too due to the double stack mag's.

OTOH, it is an interesting looking gun. Can accept standard 9x series magazines with an adapter if I remember correctly.
I considered it for my wife, but it had to many minuses for my taste. I'm displeased with BUSA at the moment too. Mainly for the trek to polymer on the 9x series. And the lack of PR with the common folk.
That alone makes me drift over to other brands.
JMO,
-STeve
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:47:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a 9000 in 40 S&W for about 6 months. At the time it was a toss up between that and a Glock 26. The 9000 proved to be a well built pistol that never fit properly in my hand, probably a product of a short fat grip. The safety was impossible to use with your strong hand which also bothered me. Again the quality and construction were fine and I never experience any jams or failure to feed.

I ended up selling the 9000 and purchasing the Glock 26 and have been very pleased with the 26.

Good luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top