Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 7:14:53 PM EDT
 Why should I get a beretta over a Glock?  I mean for Pistol competition. They are both great feeling for a lefty.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
no one?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both. I like both. This is AFCOM, get BOTH!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#3]
It really matters which one feels better to you and you'll shoot better. I'm taking it you'll probably have some trigger work done and other mods, or are you planning to use it straight factory? I don't compete yet so I'm not sure what the rules are to that.  I'd pick the 92FS, but I don't like Glocks at all even though they are a good pistol. The 92FS just fits me excellent and I'm a lefty too. The safety is easy to flick off fast when it's engaged or just keep it off and use the heavier DA pull as the safety like other non safetied DA/SA's. Both my 92FS and M9 have the hammer spring changed out to a D spring giving them a lighter pull weight and the polymer guide rods changed to Wolff steel's and they are very fast and accurate for me. I'd like to compete myself when I can find a competition close and have the time to practice more and do it. My M9 will be my choice, but like I said, it just fits me excellent. Better than any other pistol out there so far, and I've shot almost all your modern day choices.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have both, I prefer the 92FS over the 17.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:41:12 PM EDT
[#5]
get both
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]
take both to a range and fire them, ask yourself what your plans are there are good mods for each but in my opinion the GLOCK is easy and cheap to do with allittle knowledge, i prefer the Glcok but some people dont like the Grip angle, i personaly love it and like everything else you get used to it very fast,

the Glock can take abuse, and also hardly ever malfunctions, for the first time competitor i would go witht he Glock less time tinkering and more time having fun
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:02:05 AM EDT
[#7]
They are both great pistol and I think you could do fine with either however since you said compitition I voted for the 92 because my 92 is a bit more accurate than my Glock. However even though it is smoothe my double action trigger even with a reduced power hammer spring is the pits in my opinion but dry fire practice will help you there. I am sure you will enjoy either.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:22:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I too own both, tho I've had the Beretta much longer.  Both good guns.  As a rule the Beretta should be the more accurate of the two.  Reliablilty is a toss up, both of mine are 100%.  Ergonomics I would tip toward the Glock, but that's an individual thing.  I have fairly small hands.  Both have lots of aftermarket goodies availible, again a toss up.  You can shoot non-jacketed ammo in the Beretta but not the Glock.  Easier to put after market sites on the Glock.  Changeing grips is easier on the Beretta.  The Glock is slightly smaller so CCW would tilt that way, tho neither is exactly petite.  Price is about the same, maybe the Glock being a bit cheaper.

Try both on for size, ideally even shoot both.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:59:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Hold both. Test-shoot both. Figure out which one you like more. If you can't decide buy both.
Figure out which is going to cost more on spare mags too.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#10]
i have both and prefer the beretta.  i dont care for the trigger on the glock. both have standard no mods.  i also like a decocker and a tradetional safety.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
get both

+1

Dave W.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#12]
get the beretta for the reasons we discussed
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I love the 92/96 series, especially the Centurions!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:33:05 PM EDT
[#14]
oops, double tap
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I own both the 92FS and the G17.  I'm also a lefty.  I hate the 92FS.  It has nothing to do with being a lefty, I just hate the grip.  For me to hold the pistol reasonably comfortably it makes the trigger almost too hard to reach.  People complain about SIGs having a terribly long double action pull, but for me the Sig is preferable because I find the grip to be more ergonomic.  

I like how the Glock has the same trigger pull, each time, which for me is nice in a competition setting.  G17 is also smaller and lighter.  I find the lower line of sight a plus as well.

The Beretta is a high quality, well made pistol...I just prefer the Glock.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a Np3'd Glock 9mm with front cocking serrations, stippled grip, and night sights I'd be willing to swap for the like in another Beretta.  Does that answer your question?  Mostly a preference thing I guess. But I can say I've been shooting the Beretta since 1992 competitively and for work (USMC/LEO) and have less malfunctions with it in all of those years than I've had with my Glock that I bought in 2001.  Not a flame on glock, but my experience.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Had Both Glock 17 and Berreta M9, sold the glock don't care for it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:11:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I have both. I like both. This is AFCOM, get BOTH!

+1 & Amen!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I have a Np3'd Glock 9mm...  

I have a couple of Beretta 92 PD-contract guns in NP3 - that's one sweet finish, eh?

(O/T - sorry! )
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:24:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm a huge Glock fan but...........................the Beretta 92FS is the best shooting, full size 9MM handgun I've ever fired and I've shot'em all.  

Get the Beretta 92FS, if it fits your hands.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:28:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Berretta - easier to customize grips, has a hammer (cock/uncock w/o racking), mags are MUCH cheaper....
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:25:13 AM EDT
[#22]

I hate the damn finger grooves in the grip of glocks.  They don't fit my hand.  

I want to get a beretta but I don't know if I should wait for the new ones with the rails or not.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I hate the damn finger grooves in the grip of glocks.  They don't fit my hand.  

I want to get a beretta but I don't know if I should wait for the new ones with the rails or not.

FWIW, if you come across a good deal on an old/current one, a rail adapter can be added very easily.  I have the Streamlight adapter on two of my 92s and they work very well with the M3 or X200.

I don't have a good picture handy (I'm out of town right now), but I cropped this from a larger pic:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top