Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2006 3:32:03 PM EDT
I have my 92fs for about five years now. I don't even shoot that often. It has maybe 600 rounds throught the thing, The problem is that the slide has some pitting, I have taken care of some of it. the frame is another story it looks bad.  

Has anybody else had this problem before.  some guy at the local gun shop said that due to the moisture  in the air that would cause a problem like that .  I am at a loss. any suggestions please.

thanks
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:04:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have my 92fs for about five years now. I don't even shoot that often. It has maybe 600 rounds throught the thing, The problem is that the slide has some pitting, I have taken care of some of it. the frame is another story it looks bad.  

Has anybody else had this problem before.  some guy at the local gun shop said that due to the moisture  in the air that would cause a problem like that .  I am at a loss. any suggestions please.

thanks

I had the same problem when I purchased my 92FS. I had to send it back to Beretta so they could refinish the slide. I only had mine for 2 months. It was basically just a bad finish. It's been about 6 months now since I got it back and I'm happy to report...no more pitting and I've put about 300 rounds through it.

Does your 92 have the Bruniton finish...? I've heard from other people as well about the "pitting" problem with this finish.

-jswanson-
berettagunforum.com

---------------------

Currently Own:
Beretta 92FS
Beretta Cougar 8000F
---------------
Current Wish List:(Subject to change)
Beretta 96 BRIGADIER INOX
Springfield M1 Garand
Beretta PX4
Kate Beckinsale h.gif
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#3]
It is normally due to the moisture in the air and how good care in protecting the surface you take. It's nothing that's gonna stop that Beretta from giving you years of service with a little more concern and care. If you do want to refinish I'd recommend looking at some other finishes beside Bruniton. Duracoating for instance is suppose to be very good. Ive used Gunkote and Teflon moly on a bunch of parts myself and there both pretty durable when done right. In your case with the pistol needing refinishing, I'd have a professional do it. The Bruniton finish on both my M9 and 92FS have already started to show holster wear and when the time comes, Duracoating is the route I'll probably take myself.

Duracoat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top