Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/13/2006 7:38:15 PM EDT
I want an inexpensive 22LR target pistol and seem to lean towards these. How are they and what barrel length do you recommend I should start out with?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:32:16 PM EDT
I found the Neos to have the most uncomfortable grip angle. The gun did not point naturally when I got a chance to test fire one. Make sure you hold one first before you buy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:53:23 PM EDT
Neos aren't flying off the dealer's shelves. I would suggest the Browning Buckmark for what you want.

My .o2
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:00:30 PM EDT
The grip isn't for everyone, the safety is awkward but it is a tack driver and 100% reliable, unlike my mkII that jams after 50-70 rounds. The mkII is also a PITA to field strip. The Neos is extremely easy to field strip. No tools required.
I love mine.
Heres a 6" barrel next to my 10" mkII.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:27:14 AM EDT
I went with the NEOS in 4.5 (Base Model) with el cheapo red dot courtesy of China Mart (BSA). I was looking at a 22/45 but twonami convinced me with the reliabiliyt and takedown part. Is there any particular area that is better to mount the sight. I know I have my Aimpoint as far forward as possible on my AR, but on a pistol is balance more important?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:35:24 AM EDT
I mount all my pistol reddots over the hand. I tried forward on the Beretta but I wasn't crazy about how it felt.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:57:35 PM EDT
Went to the range today with my new 4.5" Neos with the China Mart BSA red dot. Sighted in and went through 300 mini-mags. I am very happy with my purchase, and all for under $250. ZERO problems with the pistol. I think the only thing that keep people from it are its Star Trek looks in pictures, but in person it is a nice design. Takedown is easy. The overall fit and finish are very good. Trigger is pretty decent and if thats a concern there is an adjustable trigger model. Magazines are $13 on ebay and very easy to load. Accurate as you can be and zero recoil. I haven't tried a Buckmark or 22/45 (other pistols I researched) so I can't compare, but overall I'm extremely happy! The BSA worked like a charm as well. I was considering getting an Eotech for it, but a $350 sight for a $225 .22 plinker didn't seem logical to me. However, now that I really like my U22, I might reward it with the Eotech.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:07:48 PM EDT
I usually stick with the irons on mine but I have a Tasco Propoint that I put on it ocassionally. Works really well.
The Buckmark I have jams when I use the wax coated bullets after about 80 rounds but with regular ammo it works fine. The Neos dosen't jam on the coated bullets.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:45:14 AM EDT
Hey, that looks like mine.......except mine is shorter, all black and my Berber is a different color.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:28:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By rejeme:
Hey, that looks like mine.......except mine is shorter, all black and my Berber is a different color.

The color is washed out in the pic. It's a couple shades darker
Top Top