Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/29/2006 8:29:58 AM EDT
Does anybody CCW one? How do you have it rigged?

Is $595 a good price?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:35:14 AM EDT
595 is in the price window, if a little on the high side.

I CCW my 92 about 70% of the time. I have a Blackhawk CQC Serpa holster. I carry it at about 4 O'clock on my waist with my belt sinched up tight. That holds it close to the body in the small of the back. Usually a good sports jersey or large shirt will cover it up just fine.

I'm 5'10, 180 and live in miami, so if I can hide it on me here, you should have no trouble doing so wherever you are at.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:38:30 AM EDT
If it is a plain Jane blued 92fs, $595 is kinda high. Still worth every penny though. It is a big gun, but mine packs away pretty well in an Alessi IWB tucked behind the hip. I can get away with it under a large shirt just fine.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:39:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By yekimak:
If it is a plain Jane blued 92fs, $595 is kinda high. Still worth every penny though. It is a big gun, but mine packs away pretty well in an Alessi IWB tucked behind the hip. I can get away with it under a large shirt just fine.

In AK you could CCW a bazooka under all the clothes you have to wear up there!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:43:08 AM EDT
595.00 is a bit high IMHO

Check this out for a deal
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:44:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By USAF_Hop_N_Pop:

Originally Posted By yekimak:

In AK you could CCW a bazooka under all the clothes you have to wear up there!

I have packed a Desert Eagle a couple times.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:58:04 PM EDT
While I love my 92, I wouldn't think of using it for a CCW due to it's size. While it may be perfect for a duty and/or match gun, I prefer a bit easier to conceal weapon.

My .o2
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:25:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:
While I love my 92, I wouldn't think of using it for a CCW due to it's size. While it may be perfect for a duty and/or match gun, I prefer a bit easier to conceal weapon.

My .o2

I have a friend that packs one cross draw under a light flannel he always wears and it is always nigh-invisable. But he is a skinny little dude and can reach behind his left hip with his right arm alot easier than I can.

YEa, packing a 92 can be done, I have done it a bit, but there are ALOT easier guns, even full size ones to conceal.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:55:58 PM EDT
CCW with a full-size handgun is not that difficult with the right holster and appropriate dress. My 92fs pulls carry duty about 70% of the time. Kramer IWB #2 or Sparks VM2. Jeans and untucked T-shirts or polo/golf shirts. Just as important as the holster is a good belt; that is the part many folks overlook.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:51:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JosephK:
CCW with a full-size handgun is not that difficult with the right holster and appropriate dress. My 92fs pulls carry duty about 70% of the time. Kramer IWB #2 or Sparks VM2. Jeans and untucked T-shirts or polo/golf shirts. Just as important as the holster is a good belt; that is the part many folks overlook.

I've tried driving with a full size CCL, never again!!!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:41:38 AM EDT
I picked up my new M9 for $569... $595 for a 92FS is way too high.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:46:40 AM EDT
I have 2 92FS and paid $400. plus tax...give or take $20.00
with my frame, I'm uncomfortable with trying to conceal the large frame...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:31:18 AM EDT
Whenever I've CCW'd the Beretta, I've just used my 92FS compact L. The compact conceals much easier, and as Bob Cole mentioned, the fullsize can be a PITA in a car, depending on the car, you, etc. The compact is just easier all the way around to CCW with. That's the primary reason I bought he compact in the first place, simply because it made more sense if I wanted to carry a 92. I use a Galco slide, strong-side, so it takes full advantage of the "compact". Carrying it in a holster longer than it needs to be sorta defeated the purpose.

Nowdays I carry a S&W pre-rail 3913TSW. I've carried the 92 compact a couple times, and if I wanted higher capacity, I'd have no problems with going with that. Since the controls work the same way on the S&W and the Beretta, it's not too big a deal to switch off once in a while, but the TSW is easier to carry.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:11:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:24:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 8:24:20 AM EDT by Boom_Stick]
I got a police special for $550, that comes with nite sites and 3 mags. $590 for a standard FS is WAY to high a price. Shop around.

I can carry mine under the waist band in the front, but anywhere else is tough to keep it from printing.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:18:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
I got a police special for $550, that comes with nite sites and 3 mags. $590 for a standard FS is WAY to high a price. Shop around.

I can carry mine under the waist band in the front, but anywhere else is tough to keep it from printing.

The times I've carried its been appendix carry (just after 1:00) without a holster. I use a relatively stiff 1.5in belt. Slight adjustments when sitting but otherwise it just works.

Disclaimer: I don't run around or anything so I would not recommend the above method for 'active' carry.
Top Top