Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 8:29:58 AM EDT
Does anybody CCW one?  How do you have it rigged?

Is $595 a good price?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#1]
595 is in the price window, if a little on the high side.

I CCW my 92 about 70% of the time.  I have a Blackhawk CQC Serpa holster.  I carry it at about 4 O'clock on my waist with my belt sinched up tight.  That holds it close to the body in the small of the back.  Usually a good sports jersey or large shirt will cover it up just fine.  

I'm 5'10, 180 and live in miami, so if I can hide it on me here, you should have no trouble doing so wherever you are at.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#2]
If it is a plain Jane blued 92fs, $595 is kinda high.  Still worth every penny though.  It is a big gun, but mine packs away pretty well in an Alessi IWB tucked behind the hip.  I can get away with it under a large shirt just fine.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:39:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If it is a plain Jane blued 92fs, $595 is kinda high.  Still worth every penny though.  It is a big gun, but mine packs away pretty well in an Alessi IWB tucked behind the hip.  I can get away with it under a large shirt just fine.

In AK you could CCW a bazooka under all the clothes you have to wear up there!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:43:08 AM EDT
[#4]
595.00 is a bit high IMHO

Check this out for a deal
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:44:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In AK you could CCW a bazooka under all the clothes you have to wear up there!

I have packed a Desert Eagle a couple times.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:58:04 PM EDT
[#6]
While I love my 92, I wouldn't think of using it for a CCW due to it's size. While it may be perfect for a duty and/or match gun, I prefer a bit easier to conceal weapon.

My .o2
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:25:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
While I love my 92, I wouldn't think of using it for a CCW due to it's size. While it may be perfect for a duty and/or match gun, I prefer a bit easier to conceal weapon.

My .o2

I have a friend that packs one cross draw under a light flannel he always wears and it is always nigh-invisable.  But he is a skinny little dude and can reach behind his left hip with his right arm alot easier than I can.

YEa, packing a 92 can be done, I have done it a bit, but there are ALOT easier guns, even full size ones to conceal.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:55:58 PM EDT
[#8]
CCW with a full-size handgun is not that difficult with the right holster and appropriate dress.  My 92fs pulls carry duty about 70% of the time.  Kramer IWB #2 or Sparks VM2.  Jeans and untucked T-shirts or polo/golf shirts.  Just as important as the holster is a good belt; that is the part many folks overlook.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
CCW with a full-size handgun is not that difficult with the right holster and appropriate dress.  My 92fs pulls carry duty about 70% of the time.  Kramer IWB #2 or Sparks VM2.  Jeans and untucked T-shirts or polo/golf shirts.  Just as important as the holster is a good belt; that is the part many folks overlook.

I've tried driving with a full size CCL, never again!!!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I picked up my new M9 for $569... $595 for a 92FS is way too high.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I have 2 92FS and  paid $400. plus tax...give or take $20.00
with my frame, I'm uncomfortable with trying to conceal the large frame...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:31:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Whenever I've CCW'd the Beretta, I've just used my 92FS compact L.  The compact conceals much easier, and as Bob Cole mentioned, the fullsize can be a PITA in a car, depending on the car, you, etc.  The compact is just easier all the way around to CCW with.  That's the primary reason I bought he compact in the first place, simply because it made more sense if I wanted to carry a 92.  I use a Galco slide, strong-side, so it takes full advantage of the "compact".  Carrying it in a holster longer than it needs to be sorta defeated the purpose.

Nowdays I carry a S&W pre-rail 3913TSW.  I've carried the 92 compact a couple times, and if I wanted higher capacity, I'd have no problems with going with that.  Since the controls work the same way on the S&W and the Beretta, it's not too big a deal to switch off once in a while, but the TSW is easier to carry.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:11:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:24:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I got a police special for $550, that comes with nite sites and 3 mags.  $590 for a standard FS is WAY to high a price.  Shop around.

I can carry mine under the waist band in the front, but anywhere else is tough to keep it from printing.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I got a police special for $550, that comes with nite sites and 3 mags.  $590 for a standard FS is WAY to high a price.  Shop around.

I can carry mine under the waist band in the front, but anywhere else is tough to keep it from printing.

The times I've carried its been appendix carry (just after 1:00) without a holster.  I use a relatively stiff 1.5in belt.  Slight adjustments when sitting but otherwise it just works.  

Disclaimer:  I don't run around or anything so I would not recommend the above method for 'active' carry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top