Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 1:32:32 PM EDT
First guys, I own Glocks, but don't hold that against me, please. A friend at work has a 92 G with a decocker. (maybe they all have a decocker) He's wanting to sell it. So, I thought it might be neat to buy it if the price was reasonable. He told me that the G stood for Goverment, as meaning an LE gun. Is this true, and what is a fair value for this gun in great shape with 2 hi cap mags.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about "G" being "government".  What it does mean is decoker only, so there's no "safe" postion.  You use the lever on the slide the same way you use the decock lever on a Sig, to safely lower the hammer.  The idea is that there's no way the gun will be in any mode but ready to fire as the decocker springs back to the "fire" position.  It also eliminates the unlikely chance that you could knock the safety into "safe" when operating the slide during a stoppage, reloading, etc.  It's a good version to have available, it just depends on if you want a "safe" postion or not.

I think as a Glock owner, the G would be a good choice for you, since you're not used to a manual safety already.  There's nothing different in the way you deploy either gun.

Cost isn't any different than an FS of the same condtion that I've noticed.

Really good choice for your IMO.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:16:07 PM EDT
[#2]
on top of the 92G, all of the Elite series 92's are decock only.  The elites feature a wider, heavier slide that helps to dampen recoil.  The downside being that they are even heaver than the already anchorish 92FS
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#3]
"G" stands for "Gendarme"... because this variation was requested by the French police of the same name (according to everything I have ever read).

They are not really rare or worth more than the 92FS, just like Ross said!

-Randy
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:13:09 PM EDT
[#4]
The only difference of the G models is that there is no manual safety.  Instead of staying down in the safe possition and up for firing, the G series have spring loaded decockers which spring back up in to the fire possition when you release it.

These are just average price estimates on new in box 92Gs

92G-SD = $1000 nib
92G Elite (Looks like Elite II but solid black) = ?
92G Elite IA = $750 nib
92G Elite II = $850 nib
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top