Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 6:20:30 AM EDT
how does the feel of the vertec differ from the 96FS? i see it has a flat mainspring instead of an arched and want to know how it feels in the hand

thnaks
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:25:31 AM EDT
[#1]
ever held a curved and flat mainspring 1911?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:12:20 PM EDT
[#2]
no i havent
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:04:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless the 92 and 96 have different mainsprings, the spring used in the Vertec version is the same.  The regular 92fs has a straight mainspring as does the vertec.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Unless the 92 and 96 have different mainsprings, the spring used in the Vertec version is the same.  The regular 92fs has a straight mainspring as does the vertec.

He doesn't understand his terminology. He is using 1911 parts.

Me, I like the Vertec straigh grip better than the arched grip on the standard model. It is totally up to you, get the one that feels better. The Vertec is there for OPTIONS. You honestly need to at least hold both, and then perhaps even shoot both if you can. The Vertec is made ofr small handed people, but I am 6'3'' and it fits perfectly in my large hands. Get what feels best for YOU, and no one can tell you that here.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry for the ignorance.

One thing also to consider with the Vertec-  there are indications that its popularity is waning, and its resale value could go to crap.  If YOU like the vertec, by all means go for it, but be forewarned that you *may* not be able to get a good resale price for it if you decide to part ways.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sorry for the ignorance.

One thing also to consider with the Vertec-  there are indications that its popularity is waning, and its resale value could go to crap.  If YOU like the vertec, by all means go for it, but be forewarned that you *may* not be able to get a good resale price for it if you decide to part ways.

A quick search on Gunbroker seems to disagree with your assesment;

www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.asp?SearchType=0&Keywords=Beretta+Vertec&Cat=3026
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I have both a 92FS and an Elite 1A (vertec frame).

I like both, but the Vertec frame is better IMHO.  I feel more aggressive with it as I can get a good firm grip faster.  Of the 2, I am much more confident with my Elite 1A.  I can draw and shoot on target a full second quicker with it.  That 1 sec is a lot when your life depends on it...

I really boils down to what fits YOUR hand though...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top