Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 8:32:34 PM EDT
I got issued my new 92F the other day and tried to swap over some parts off my 96G Elite I.
I drilled and tapped the mag release so I could use a grip screw as an adjustable EXTENDED mag release.  That swapped over fine.  Then the houge grips and hex screws.  No problem.  Then I tried to put the M3 on the 92F. (I work nights )  After finding all the allen keys I needed to get the adapter off the 96G, I slipped it on the 92 and went to put the locking plate on and...............IT WOULDN'T FIT!

I found out that Beretta, FOR WHATEVER REASON, changed the specs on the front strap of the trigger guard and made it thicker.HY!?

I know a new adapter is out there, and alot of you already know about this but, I don't wanna have to buy a new adapter for what is essentialy (minus bells and whistles) the same gun!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#1]

I drilled and tapped the mag release so I could use a grip screw as an adjustable release.

Why? What's wrong with the mag release? It's an ambi release, and if you need to adjust the release for your mags, you need new mags. That is one of the strangest things I have heard.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:49:29 PM EDT
[#2]
What I did was drilled and tapped the center of the "button" so I could use a grip screw as an EXTENDED mag release that is adjustable.  

That make more sence?
BTW You can take it out and reverse it to make it operate on the opposite side but it's not ambi. Not trying to agrue w/ you but  just clarifying.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:10:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Even without the trigger guard difference you mentioned, the dustcover is also sloped upward on the newer models.  I didn't really care for the change either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top