Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/13/2005 12:29:05 PM EDT
I can get a NIB 92G-SD for $697.00, this is a one time deal for me. What i need to know is that a great deal or what? I wanted an Elite II, but this seems like the better deal at a lower price. I cant find much about this online so i came here to find out the real deal.

Looking for any and all advice. Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:54:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:47:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/15/2005 6:49:16 AM EDT by ARmory04]

Originally Posted By PROFICIENT:
I can get a NIB 92G-SD for $697.00, this is a one time deal for me. What i need to know is that a great deal or what? I wanted an Elite II, but this seems like the better deal at a lower price. I cant find much about this online so i came here to find out the real deal.

I paid $859 + tax for a NIB 96G-SD almost two years ago, when they first came out. So

yeah, that sounds like a good deal. I wish I would have gotten the 92GSD instead.

(I have come to loathe the "foh tey")

As far as Elites are concerned; I think they are great pistols. You really can't go wrong with

either. It's just a matter of looking "tactical", or a little more "sporty".
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:14:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ARmory04:

I paid $859 + tax for a NIB 96G-SD almost two years ago, when they first came out. So

yeah, that sounds like a good deal. I wish I would have gotten the 92GSD instead.

(I have come to loathe the "foh tey")

As far as Elites are concerned; I think they are great pistols. You really can't go wrong with

either. It's just a matter of looking "tactical", or a little more "sporty".

Please expound on your loathing of the .40. I'm just curious. I don't have one. Just a 9 and a 45 here but the .40 has always had me curious.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:20:40 AM EDT
Since it has a rail, what are my holster options?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:45:10 AM EDT

Please expound on your loathing of the .40. I'm just curious. I don't have one. Just a 9 and a 45 here but the .40 has always had me curious.

It's simply a matter of my personal opinion really, but since you asked . . . . .

First, I've owned three .40's: Glock 22, Glock 27, and Beretta 96SD. I have sold all of them.

My reasons being 1) I don't believe that the harsh recoil, and wear and tear on the gun is

worth any so-called ballisitic advantage. My logic is that if you want more "power" than a 9mm,

then go with something in .45 . The 40 just doesn't give that much benefit, for what you get in

return: Snappy/harsh recoil, relatively inaccurate, holds fewer rounds, ammo relatively expensi-

ve. **Disclaimer to all 40 lovers**, this my opinion, and this gentleman asked for it.

2)I had a severe accuracy problem with the G22. I'm talking basketball size groups at 25. But

yet, I could take my beat up Kimber , that I bought second hand with 10k thru it, and print a

softball size group at 25; same with my Beretta 92, and Glock 34.

3)My Beretta 96 simply would not function 100%. I had stove-pipes, FTF, and FTE's regularly.

This is in stark contrast to my 92 that I have 4,535 rds thru it to be exact, and honestly not a

single issue. I mean, NOTHING. My 96 was simply damaging Berettas damn fine reputation.

4) My G27 was a chore to shoot. I would put 150rds thru at the range, and have to move on to a

different weapon. It was pretty painful to shoot after 150-200 rds. Now, give me my friends G30,

I could shoot 500rds thru it and only feel a little discomfort after all those rounds, and it's a

45 ACP! I won't comment on accuracy.

After a couple thousand dollars in handguns, ammo, mags, etc.; I have finally realized that the

forty is not all that great. Of course there are some other experiences I've had with 40's but

no need to get into all that. I hope this answers your question

No foh-tey for me, make mine a nine or a good ole 45!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:21:42 AM EDT
For a shooting gun, I don't believe that a small framed .40 is really "fun." I have a G27 which I don't think is that bad really. At 25 meters, I can hit center of BG without problems, but I don't expect a subcompact to be the world's most accurate pistol. For a full size frame, I stick with 9mm (cheaper, holds more rounds), or .45 (because everyone shold have a .45, and it's just better for self defence than 9mm, .40, GAP (which I loathe more than .40......it is attempting to solve a problem that never existed). I wish .357 sig was cheaper and more popular than it is, as it is a fine round that delivers better terminal ballistics than 9mm or .40. But it isn't, so the only reason I'll get a g22 (and I will) is because I have g22 mags for my G27, and I want a full size glock. Maybe i'll ditch the 27 and get a 26 instead. Who knows. I'm excited about the 92fs that I bought today........Used, but it's really NIB.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:59:53 AM EDT

Since it has a rail, what are my holster options?

Something that fits Vertecs
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:18:00 PM EDT
Buy it. Thats cheaper than dealer cost
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:03:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By potis:
Buy it. Thats cheaper than dealer cost

Yup, i got it at $535. Thanks
Top Top