Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2017 3:28:24 PM EDT
I have two Brigadiers that I have only shot a few times, I have a M9 that I have shot quite a bit , maybe 2500 rounds, and I have a 92FS that is strictly my home defense/range gun.. no matter what else I take to the range it goes along to be shot...I got it LINB with no visible wear at all. and I'm sorry but I can't post pics... but I have quite a bit of barrel wear where the barrel contacts the slide on the muzzle left side...  also on the locking block... and the top of my rails on the frame are pretty much silver colored now. I use grease on my rails like all my other Sigs and Beretta's.. I have minimal wear on those.
so what is "normal wear" on a 92 FS with 2K rounds?  because my M9 doesn't have even half the wear the FS does...????
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Desert Storm commemorative 92FS that did that.

I asked in the Beretta forum, I asked here and I asked there and never got an answer.
Finally I saw Beretta was having a sale and they had a great deal on new barrels ($130?) complete with the new locking block.
Bought one and it has never happened again. There is no contact wear at all now. None.

IMHO, it was the locking block.

BTW, it is a very accurate handgun.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:05:02 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks.. yeh mine is alot worse than that... it is still very accurate and maybe I'll keep my eyes open for a new barrel/locking block
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a non-issue. Almost all of my M9s, 92A1s, M9A1s, etc, do that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 2:22:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Some do that and some do not. THe fit of the locking block to the slide can have an effect.

Years ago, every 92 I owned did this. In the last 6-8 years, I haven't had it happen anymore.

Either way - no biggie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top