Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2017 10:00:22 AM EDT
Has anyone tried using a high temp o-ring to keep the M9A3 thread protector from unthreading while firing? If so, did it work and what size did you use?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:52:25 AM EDT
[#1]
What about a dot of blue loctite on the threads I have done this with thread protectors.  I let it dry (on the protectors threads) before installing and it gives the threads something to catch on and not back off.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine would work loose when hand tight, I use a piece of thick leather so I don't marr the finish and tighten with pliers and it stays put.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#3]
The best answer is to replace the thread protector ...

with a suppressor.

Otherwise, yes an o-ring will work.  I just bought a box of different sized ones for 5 bucks and found one that worked.  Haven't had any melting issues, and these are just plumbing ones.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I just grabbed a bunch of O-rings from ACE Hardware. Keep a bunch in my range bag, they are cheap.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I use an o ring on my CZ. Works well. 
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Beretta is supplying them with a baggy of o-rings.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just grabbed a bunch of O-rings from ACE Hardware. Keep a bunch in my range bag, they are cheap.
View Quote
Any idea on the diameter? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
@cccpNyC
What size o-ring are you getting?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@cccpNyC
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@cccpNyC
@afunderjack
@beaverpelt
I'll have to check when I get home, but I just brought my 1911 and ppq22 barrels (unattached to the rest of the gun ) and matched up sizes. The guy helping me was like oh nice what kind of guns, we had a whole long discussion.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Would these work on Beretta barrels?
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:04:40 AM EDT
[#11]
This is an old thread, but new M9A3's are shipping with O-rings and like 4 (maybe?) extra O-rings that come in a package with a part number.  You may be able to order them from Beretta?  I don't know if they changed the way the thread protector works though.
Top Top