Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/30/2017 2:40:47 PM EDT
Apparently the St. Louis PD is going to trade in over 1,700 92's. Pistols are said to be 10-15 years old- meaning they are all FS guns. They were purchased by distributor Bill Hicks, dunno if they will sell directly, or more likely, parcel them out to other distributors. Hicks paid $221 apiece for the guns. I suspect they would retail for $350 or so? In this market, they SHOULD sell for about $250 but that's obviously not enough profit and many sellers are trying to get that much out of the much older and less desireable S guns.....

Anyway, if you are thinking you need another 92FS at a reasonable cost, might be an option at some point. Something to keep an eye on.

Story Here
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 2:58:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Wonder if there could be any D models in the mix?
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
You know, that might explain why they are saying they "can't get parts for the older guns".....

Article says simply that they are 92Fs, not even FS guns but if they were bought over the last 10-15 years, they have to be at least FS models. The F's were discontinued some time in the early 90's? But if they are D's that would explain why they can't buy parts for them cause those were dropped a long time ago as far as I know. Will be interesting to see. Maybe some forum member knows what they carry.....
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 4:11:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd definitely be interested in a "D". Whatever they are, if they hit the market maybe all the 92S pistols out there will drop a bit in price.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm just going to go ahead and subscribe to this one for more information when they become available.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'd definitely be interested in a "D". Whatever they are, if they hit the market maybe all the 92S pistols out there will drop a bit in price.
View Quote
It's a real mystery to me why they think they can get what they are asking for 92s pistols. I guess someone is buying them.....To me? ....They are a $200 pistol.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I like them for car/truck guns.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I like them for car/truck guns.
View Quote
They are a good, reliable, durable, high quality pistol with tons of cheap aftermarket parts, holsters, magazines etc....

New ones sell for STUPID money. I would never, ever, buy a brand new 92FS but used ones can be had reasonably though the high cost of new ones tends to keep the price of used ones higher than they should be in my opinion.

When you can buy a brand new Canik pistol (not much experience with them personally but have heard many good things) for under $300 or a police trade in M&P 9 for $300, a new Shield for $225 on Rebate, I have no idea why they think a 40 year old Beretta S model is worth $350 which is what they want for most of them on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#8]
My personal experience (was on a military shooting team before I retired) is a beat 30 year old beretta will be more accurate and at least equal if not superior in reliability to any of the new fangled poly autos.
I shot a batch of rack berettas out of a ransom rest ( including samples literally rode hard in combat conditions) the worst was a 2.5" 25 yard group. Some shot under 2 inches.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#9]
The department’s current Beretta handguns are more than 10 years old, and becoming obsolete, making replacement parts nearly impossible to come by, she said.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Might get 2, so I can have a reason to get the holster from Training Day.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yea, I never thought of the D models but if they are, that could explain that.......
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:02:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Great intel, thanks for sharing.  Will have to keep an eye out!
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 4:41:15 AM EDT
[#13]
At $300-$350, I am a buyer, beyond that I would rather buy new. The only thing that interests me is if these guns have tritium sights. If so it would be worth it to buy a few just for the slides. Send the slides to Tooltech to have them relamped for $45, refinish the slide and then replace the slides on some of my other Berettas with night sights. Strip the frames and slides down for spare parts and sell the frames on GB for projects. These guns will be worth more in parts and since most police officers shoot fewer than 200 rounds per year the parts should be in exceptional condition.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 6:09:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 6:33:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
IN for pictures of Berettas that look like they've spent a decade in a cement mixer running under a waterfall.
View Quote
There have been a few batches of police trade in Berettas dumped on to the market before they didn't look too bad. I expect the area around the grip will be the hardest hit area.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 7:03:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
IN for pictures of Berettas that look like they've spent a decade in a cement mixer running under a waterfall.
View Quote
There's a large vendor in SC who's been cerekoating M&P trade in pistols before reselling them.  They do it in large enough batches that the only add about $15-20 in cost(labor & materials) per gun but get a return of an extra $50 per gun and they sell faster.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 8:27:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
At $300-$350, I am a buyer, beyond that I would rather buy new. The only thing that interests me is if these guns have tritium sights. If so it would be worth it to buy a few just for the slides. Send the slides to Tooltech to have them relamped for $45, refinish the slide and then replace the slides on some of my other Berettas with night sights. Strip the frames and slides down for spare parts and sell the frames on GB for projects. These guns will be worth more in parts and since most police officers shoot fewer than 200 rounds per year the parts should be in exceptional condition.
View Quote
That's my plan. I have several 92's already but can use some spare parts and if the slides are cut for night sights that's a huge bonus. Locally, I can buy decent 92's- non cop trade in, low mileage, civilian guns for $425 or so pretty regularly.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 8:28:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There have been a few batches of police trade in Berettas dumped on to the market before they didn't look too bad. I expect the area around the grip will be the hardest hit area.
View Quote
I bought several out of a batch the JG Sales had several years ago and they were all pretty solid guns. Usual holster wear but otherwise in pretty good shape, never figured out where they came from.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 8:41:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
DAO
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you're referring to the fixed tritium sights, Tooltech stopped doing that.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
DAO
View Quote
I know the D models are DAO. Are you clarifying in case I didn't, or are you confirming the these pistols are actually D models?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If you're referring to the fixed tritium sights, Tooltech stopped doing that.
View Quote
From my understanding if the slides already had tritium installed Tooltech and Trijicon will relamp them. They just will not install tritium into a virgin slide.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:23:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

From my understanding if the slides already had tritium installed Tooltech and Trijicon will relamp them. They just will not install tritium into a virgin slide.
View Quote
I've been wrong before, but it's my understanding they won't. Some stuff about NRC regs. Might want to give them a call.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:33:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Deleted
View Quote
@aimless

You do that too? Sometimes I will type out whole responses, proof read and decide "fuck it", and hit the back button never posting.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I've been wrong before, but it's my understanding they won't. Some stuff about NRC regs. Might want to give them a call.
View Quote
I will call and check this week when I have time.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I called Tooltec today. They are not replacing the front lamp anymore. They have another option but it costs something like $275.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I called Tooltec today. They are not replacing the front lamp anymore. They have another option but it costs something like $275.
View Quote
I called Trijicon today and was told they no longer will do any warranty or replace tritium installed in the slides of Berettas. Tooltech option is exspensive. I like the Amerigun USA solution better, plus it is less expensive than the tooltec option. A guy over on BF posted pics of his slide he had done by Ameriguns, it looks great and proves that the long held belief that there isn't enough material to install a tritium front sight on a standard 92 series slide is false. Pics in the link below.

http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=128024
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's all StL City carries.

They are 92D's not F's.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 7:18:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm intrigued.

I shoot my my M9 better on DA than SA. Too much time playing with DA revolvers I guess.

I wouldn't mind having another Beretta for cheap.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:52:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Even if it's a D model, i wouldn't mind an extra 92 sitting around.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:39:42 PM EDT
[#33]
A batch just hit AIM

Stainless

Blue
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

A batch just hit AIM
View Quote
A used 92FS for $400 is not a good deal in my opinion.  By the time I pay $15 for shipping, $25 transfer fee, and a $10 background check, I would be into it for $450.  No box, papers, etc., and I also don't think it comes with a second magazine.

I picked up my first 92FS a few months ago for $538 out the door at Gander Mountain of all places.  So, for a discount of $88 I can buy a used 92FS, sight unseen, with an unknown history, and minus one magazine.  I'm sure AIM will sell every one of them, but I fail to see the attraction to these LEO trade-ins.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

A used 92FS for $400 is not a good deal in my opinion.  By the time I pay $15 for shipping, $25 transfer fee, and a $10 background check, I would be into it for $450.  No box, papers, etc., and I also don't think it comes with a second magazine.

I picked up my first 92FS a few months ago for $538 out the door at Gander Mountain of all places.  So, for a discount of $88 I can buy a used 92FS, sight unseen, with an unknown history, and minus one magazine.  I'm sure AIM will sell every one of them, but I fail to see the attraction to these LEO trade-ins.
View Quote
Yep ditto. Add in some sales tax too.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
They've sold about 35 of the stainless since I got the email 2 hours ago.  Shit, they sold two of the stainless in the time it took me to check inventory, come over here and load this thread.

On the flipside, I've got 1 of them in my cart and shipping is $15 to Texas, with a $15 transfer, no sales tax and no background check fee.  $479 is cheaper than I can find a stainless Beretta anywhere around here that I know of.

And two more sold in the time it took to write this post.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They've sold about 35 of the stainless since I got the email 2 hours ago.  Shit, they sold two of the stainless in the time it took me to check inventory, come over here and load this thread.

On the flipside, I've got 1 of them in my cart and shipping is $15 to Texas, with a $15 transfer, no sales tax and no background check fee.  $479 is cheaper than I can find a stainless Beretta anywhere around here that I know of.

View Quote
$479 for an Inox of questionable finish and who knows how old the parts infernally are is not a good deal. Used Inoxs in very good to great condition complete with mags and box go for about $500. $20 savings is meh. At $400 for the Inox and $350 for the standard finish it is a good buy. That being said I am sure they will sell out in no time there are plenty of suckers out there no offense. Enjoy your pistol. As long as your happy with it that's all that matters.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
I kind of want a SS 92
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

$479 for an Inox of questionable finish and who knows how old the parts infernally are is not a good deal. Used Inoxs in very good to great condition complete with mags and box go for about $500. $20 savings is meh. At $400 for the Inox and $350 for the standard finish it is a good buy. That being said I am sure they will sell out in no time there are plenty of suckers out there no offense. Enjoy your pistol. As long as your happy with it that's all that matters.
View Quote
Where?  Doing a statewide search here on the private market, prices range from $600 to $1000 for the three whole examples I've found.  The LGS near me with live inventory has them at $698 (plus tax)  Gunjoker is around the same price range.  If there's some mysterious font of pristine Inoxes with multiple mags and boxes for $500, shipping and transfer included, please throw down a link.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:40:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I kind of want a SS 92
View Quote
They've been at 75 in inventory for a bit.  I think the initial exuberance buyers and flippers got their bite of the pie.  I'm still debating as I've spent too much on gun stuff this month, but it was after not buying anything since Nov or Dec.

A couple moderately fugly stainless to dual wield this summer would even out my gun karma I think.  I should see if anyone has compensators for them...
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:45:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Where?  Doing a statewide search here on the private market, prices range from $600 to $1000 for the three whole examples I've found.  The LGS near me with live inventory has them at $698 (plus tax)  Gunjoker is around the same price range.  If there's some mysterious font of pristine Inoxes with multiple mags and boxes for $500, shipping and transfer included, please throw down a link.
View Quote
I'm sorry China sucks. Love the food though. In my area Glocks sell used at MSRP. Beretta's don't. I bought an M9 and Inox last year used $800 for both. In my area like new Beretta's sit on my local gun board until the price drops. That is how I ended up with a like new Vertec with a bunch of mags for $600. It started out at $900 with just two 10rnd mags. So for me a beat up Inox at $479 is meh.

My $400 Inox. Came with the CT laser grips too. The retard that I bought both the M9 and the Inox from had taken all the Inox parts and put them on the M9 and vise versa. After I unfucked them they both have been great guns.

The M9 with USGI grips

I also spend a day of my weekend cruising mom and pop gun shops and pawn shops. I snag good deals all the time. Fortunately most people around here don't appreciate Beretta's much.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#42]
I agree $400 + shipping is too much for a well used unknown condition 92fs.

Botach just had brand new 92fs with new mags, case, warranty, etc. for $475.

Quoted:
I also spend a day of my weekend cruising mom and pop gun shops and pawn shops. I snag good deals all the time. Fortunately most people around here don't appreciate Beretta's much.
View Quote
What part of GA?
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 12:50:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I agree $400 + shipping is too much for a well used unknown condition 92fs.

Botach just had brand new 92fs with new mags, case, warranty, etc. for $475.

What part of GA?
View Quote
Acworth.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:48:01 PM EDT
[#44]
The thing that keeps me from these is that a major user couldn't get parts. This is the sort of thing that keeps me in 1911s and Glocks.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 1:34:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The thing that keeps me from these is that a major user couldn't get parts. This is the sort of thing that keeps me in 1911s and Glocks.
View Quote
I've never had a problem getting 92 parts.  They've been in many supply chains since the 80s...
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
New ones sell for STUPID money. I would never, ever, buy a brand new 92FS but used ones can be had reasonably though the high cost of new ones tends to keep the price of used ones higher than they should be in my opinion.
View Quote
New ones sell for ~$550, the last 92 I picked up was a police special with 3 mags for $539 about a year ago. No need to elaborate why YOU would "never, ever" buy one new, clearly you aren't a big fan of the platform, rather stay focused on the price point. These are reliable, accurate, iconic, and proven service pistols. Go ahead?
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I've never had a problem getting 92 parts.  They've been in many supply chains since the 80s...
View Quote
Me either. Parts for the Beretta 92 are abundant. You can build an entire Beretta 92 minus the frame off the parts you find on eBay alone. Stripped frames can be found on gunbroker sometimes. Next to Glock I don't know of another manufacturer that has more spare parts floating around. I actually think Beretta parts are easier to find then some Glock parts. As you noted there have been USGI contract parts being produced since the 80s. Those parts are what I really want to see flood the market once the M9 is replaced. Wearhouses full of barrels, slides, locking blocks, mags, small parts, grips.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Hoping these will start appearing on the usual resellers websites soon.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I know the D models are DAO. Are you clarifying in case I didn't, or are you confirming the these pistols are actually D models?

Thanks.
View Quote
I misunderstood your post.  I thought you were asking what a "d" model was.  Merely trying to be helpful.  Apologies if you have been offended.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I misunderstood your post.  I thought you were asking what a "d" model was.  Merely trying to be helpful.  Apologies if you have been offended.
View Quote
No offense taken! Appreciate the help!

Best.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top