Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2017 11:51:02 AM EDT
Just posted up a full review of Wilson's trigger, including pictures, measurements and input from a very experienced M9 shooter.

https://gunpowdermeditation.com/2017/05/05/wilson-combat-short-reach-trigger-beretta-9296-review/
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 3:22:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the short reach trigger. I have them in my 92A1 and M9A1 compact. I have one sitting on my bench to drop into my new 92 Vertec once the rest of the parts get here. This trigger combined with the VZ thin grips make these guns feel so much better. I am not going to be using VZ grips on my Vertec, I have a set of Lok grips comming for it but the with the Vertec grip combined with the short reach trigger will be intresting to see how it feels. Another trigger mod I install with these triggers is the WC/Wolff TCU in standard power. It changes the trigger spring geometry and how it works. It doesn't really feel like it does anything to reduce the trigger pull, but it does seem to change how the trigger feels. Good write up dude.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Well there's enough proof that Wilson's trigger is a WASTE of money!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:20:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well there's enough proof that Wilson's trigger is a WASTE of money!
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Another trigger mod I install with these triggers is the WC/Wolff TCU in standard power. It changes the trigger spring geometry and how it works. It doesn't really feel like it does anything to reduce the trigger pull, but it does seem to change how the trigger feels. Good write up dude.
View Quote
Thanks.  I appreciate the spring tip, I'll have to give it a try.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another trigger mod I install with these triggers is the WC/Wolff TCU in standard power. It changes the trigger spring geometry and how it works. It doesn't really feel like it does anything to reduce the trigger pull, but it does seem to change how the trigger feels. Good write up dude.
Pm me if you want one for shipping cost.

I'd have to try one before I buy it. I only have medium hands and love slim grips but I tried the thin trigger on a 226 and my finger would hit the frame. Right now my finger touches the frame on my m9a1 compact with thin grips but it doesn't impact me shooting, whereas I could not shoot a Sig with a thin trigger no matter the grip size.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Pm me if you want one for shipping cost.

I'd have to try one before I buy it. I only have medium hands and love slim grips but I tried the thin trigger on a 226 and my finger would hit the frame. Right now my finger touches the frame on my m9a1 compact with thin grips but it doesn't impact me shooting, whereas I could not shoot a Sig with a thin trigger no matter the grip size.
View Quote
Thank you.  I have some already though.  I've learned the hard way to buy extra springs before I lose them.  I just haven't had a need to break them open yet.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Have tried the srt twice now. I guess I have huge hands as I don't care for it. Not too bad in double action but just feels werid to me in double action.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I have small fingers and the short reach trigger no matter how small a difference.. is worth the money for me, I will always order one and put one in.. and I do do this in combo with the wolf trigger return spring... and the thin VZ grips...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top