Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2017 3:47:28 PM EDT
I'm debating if I should go the used route or pony up the extra cash for a new production 84FS

essentially I'm looking for a FS due to the decocker and chrome lined bore.

My idea with the pistol would be primarily a range toy and occasional carry
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:02:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I went new but only because I saw one at a gun show (dealer tables) at a very attractive price. I would have no issues with a used gun, but I like to see and handle used before I buy and never ran across any used ones at local dealers.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:46:37 PM EDT
[#2]
bought mine new back in the 90's

Great little fun gun.  Factory mags are sort of pricey, MecGar as always are good to go

Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:28:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
bought mine new back in the 90's

Great little fun gun.  Factory mags are sort of pricey, MecGar as always are good to go

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/AssaultRifler/Handguns/Beretta02.jpg
View Quote
that sucker looks pretty nice
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the earlier round trigger guard gloss finish version.
Bought it for my wife years ago.
She commandeered my S&W 36. 3"
Nice gun, I have a bunch of mags and a lot of ammo.
Thought my daughter might want it but so far...meh.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:34:55 PM EDT
[#5]
A lot of guys buy Cheetah's for their wives who end up not liking them. For all of their goodness (the guns, not the wives) they are very hard to rack and recoil is excessive given the wimpy .380 round. They are also heavy as .380's go and really weigh down the COACH designer hand-bag. 
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:58:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A lot of guys buy Cheetah's for their wives who end up not liking them. For all of their goodness (the guns, not the wives) they are very hard to rack and recoil is excessive given the wimpy .380 round. They are also heavy as .380's go and really weigh down the COACH designer hand-bag. 
View Quote
Her Browning Hipower fits just fine in the Coach bag...you just need the proper fitment at time of purchase.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:42:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Never use the word designer as an adjective to the noun Coach.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:22:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a Cheetah in both .380 and .32.
Thinking that the lady of the house would be happy with the .32. Surprise! She prefers the Glock 26, while I waffle between carrying the .32 (a a decent enough "get away from me" pistol) and my CZ75 PCR.
Both Cheetahs are the newer FS model. For those that would knock the .32, it is another one of JMB's brainchilds.
I cannot say I'm fond of the .380, despite wanting to be. In its defense, it's an improvement over a PPK in .380, but for the weight and capacity I'd rather have a 9 mm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top