Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2017 8:17:38 PM EDT
So I bought a brand new M9.

I have tried a stock beretta extended mag catch and it wouldn't fit. than bought a drop in Wilson combat and it wouldn't fit.

did beretta screw the frames up? the stock one drops in no problem. maybe I should get rid of this POS. seems out of spec.

I tried filing it down but still no luck on both and the stock beretta I had to remove so much it was a joke
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#1]
No, the frame is not screwed up.

Some have very tight tolerances and you have to line them up perfectly to install.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:38:58 PM EDT
[#2]
even without the spring in it, it will not move freely. so tight

ive checked each end by reversing the piece goes in fine on both sides its just when they are trying to seat in both.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:53:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I looked up the Wilson mag release, the top five reviews all say some fitting was required, but it dropped in after some filing. If you watch a Beretta factory tour you'll see that some hand fitting goes into the M9. That is not a bad thing.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 2:26:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So I bought a brand new M9.

I have tried a stock beretta extended mag catch and it wouldn't fit. than bought a drop in Wilson combat and it wouldn't fit.

did beretta screw the frames up? the stock one drops in no problem. maybe I should get rid of this POS. seems out of spec.

I tried filing it down but still no luck on both and the stock beretta I had to remove so much it was a joke
View Quote

Pretty confident it's not the frame it's the operator.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had to file one of mine.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I've installed 3.  They have all been tight and had to be in exactly the right spot in the frame before they would drop in.  I thought I had issues but kept working with them.  Then found the sweet spot and they popped right in.  They are not "easy" to install my no means as some websites and YouTube videos claim.

I haven't had to file any to get them in.  I would be leary of removing any metal. I did read of someone doing this and once installed the release was loose.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:03:59 AM EDT
[#7]
After removing a couple on my pistol, I used the toothbrush technique which helped but was still a bear to do. It is one of the most difficult items to replace on a 92.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:11:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After removing a couple on my pistol, I used the toothbrush technique which helped but was still a bear to do. It is one of the most difficult items to replace on a 92.
View Quote
What's the toothbrush  technique
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#9]
3 month old thread brought back to life . Anyway I've installed two of the factory Beretta steel oversize release with the checkered button .
They were a real bitch to get to go in . You'll need lots of patience but it's worth it in the end . Beretta should put these on all models of the 92 series .
Took me about a 1/2 hour on each one .
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What's the toothbrush  technique
View Quote
Trying them twice a day?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top