Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2017 9:45:22 PM EDT
I stopped by a local shop today and they have a Beretta 92 FS police special for $598 with 3 15 round magazines, it is a USA made gun.

I can probably get the pistol down a little and wanted to know what I should pay for it and is it worth it over a regular 92 FS?

What are the differences?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#1]
One extra magazine is the difference.  Card board box vs plastic box on reg 92
Maybe night sights if so equipped
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One extra magazine is the difference.  Card board box vs plastic box on reg 92
Maybe night sights if so equipped
View Quote

It has a crappy plastic box but no night sights
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:36:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm really torn between wanting this or a p320c or maybe even a CZ 75.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't pay a premium for a Police Special.  The badge thing is neat, but there isn't any difference at all in the gun.  They just added the third mag and packaged them cheaper because PD's just throw out the boxes anyway.  It's not like 92 mags are hard to get at a good price, so to me it's just like any other 92FS with a third mag.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:57:31 AM EDT
[#5]
From my experience with an issued one, and others I've seen, they're a little rougher than the commercial production pistols. Serviceable, but the finish is not anywhere near my Italian 92fs
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe that Botach is selling them for $499. Hope that puts some perspective on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top