Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 6:38:05 PM EDT
I'm looking at getting a pistol for concealed carry with an IWB holster. The gun I am really leaning towards is the Sig Sauer P-229 in .40S&W. The holster that I was thinking about is the Sidearmor Kydex Inside the waste band holster.

Question 1-Is my choice for gun a good one for concealed carry?

Question 2-Is Sidearmor a good, comfortable holster for the purpose?

I have 5 years of shooting experience and don't mind recoil at all, so that has no bearing. Thank you in advance for any opinions.

Tom
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]
get a Kimber ultra CDP II in .45acp... Done.........
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:14:23 AM EDT
[#2]
to answer your first question (instead of recommending something you weren't even asking about, one of my pet peeves) the 229 is an outstanding ccw gun.  however, someone else's opinion (at least in mine ) shouldn't make a difference--you should always go with what feels the best and most natural for you.  

but the 229 is a great sidearm for concealment.  

i have no experience with that holster, though, so i'll refrain from saying anything without personal experience.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#3]
P229 is an excellent weapon for concealment. I've used one before. Having used Sidearmor and other Kydex for IWB I did not find them to be comfortable. As far as I'm concerned Kydex and comfortable do not belong in the same sentence. I switched to a Desantis Cozy Partner & Alessi Talon for IWB and they are both comfortable.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:52:42 AM EDT
[#4]
IMO the 229 is the Best general purpose gun and many carry it. The 239 is a little easier to carry and is also an excellent gun. My favorite carry is the 239 and I occasionally carry a 229.
The Milt Sparks VM2 IWB is an Excellent holster but the wait may be long.. don't forget a Good Belt..
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree as I have a P229 .357/.40, that carries very well in a Mitch Rosen ARG. The Milt Sparks VM2 is also a great IWB holster.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Any SIG is a great choice.

Seriously , as long as you can conceal it well , pick what you like.

I just got a P245 , which is just a little lighter and smaller than a P229.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:22:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Not even close to the 229 in durrability and reliability.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 on the P239 and VM2
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:01:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a 229 and I am planning on getting a 239, for concealment purposses the 239 is your better choice. however I am currently using a 229 for concealment. the only other thing I could ask for is that SIG make a double stacked subcompact one day.

Quoted:

people like this just manage to piss me off. if he wanted a 45 he would have said so, if he wanted a arcaichly designed gun from the early 1900s he would have said so, if he wanted a over priced paper weight he would have said so, simply put: if he wanted a POS he would have said so.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:21:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I've had the Ultra CDP as well as a regular Ultra Carry.  I have sold both and now carry a sig 229 in a Milt Sparks versa Max II.  While there was nothing wrong with the Kimbers, I prefer the Sig.  It fits my hand better and absolutely no reliability issues.  I had to change the extractor on both kimbers.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:32:18 PM EDT
[#11]
If you can find a good way to conceal the P229 (like others here have) then definitely go for it.  My P229 has been a great pistol thus far, reliable, tough and fits my hand like a glove.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top