Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 9:28:15 PM EDT
Does anyone know anything about this pistol?  How does it compare to a 226 or any of their other models?  I'm Sig ignorant, so any info would be appreciated before I buy one.

EDIT:  See my next post to give me suggestions.  If you could order anything, what would it be?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:45:02 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Does anyone know anything about this pistol?  How does it compare to a 226 or any of their other models?  I'm Sig ignorant, so any info would be appreciated before I buy one.

It's nothing special.  It's stainless slide (Nitron'd like most of them) with the Nitron polished off the flats and a machined flat spot on the top of the slide to give it a different look.  It has a 229R frame.  It has a Trijicon rear sight, SIG custom shop grips (not Nills) and a Truglo TFO front sight.  And the controls are nickel plated.  It comes in a 229 and a 226 and currently only in .40 S&W
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, let me ask you something, if you had the opportunity to tour the Sig factory and order a gun from them directly with whatever option you liked, what would you get?  Figure a 30% discount from sticker pricing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd say you're very lucky.  I'd want a 210, with American mag release...and a safety on the right side.  Hey, I can dream can't I?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, let me ask you something, if you had the opportunity to tour the Sig factory and order a gun from them directly with whatever option you liked, what would you get?  Figure a 30% discount from sticker pricing.

I'd get the new single action only 220.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the regular Classics but at least Sig is offering something to the customers. It's a step in the right direction.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmmmm...I'd get another SigPro SP2022!  30% off factory would make that the steal of the year!

Or a P220ST Nitron, or a GSR Revolution.  Or a P225. Shit......
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:40:55 PM EDT
[#7]
What do you guys think of that X5 in 9mm or 40?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I love my equinox and would recommend one, but I am bias. If you are going to the factory, I say you touch and play with as many as you can to find what you like.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#9]
If I could get anything from SIG, it would be a 229R, Equinox finish, 9mm, night sights, extended and threaded barrel, a more user friendly hammer, and CrimsonTrace laser grips.

Seeing as SIG doesn't and probably never will offer such a package, I'd go for an X5 if I was feeling spendy, or a 229R Equinox.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top