Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 1:00:18 PM EDT
I just ordered a short trigger for my 226 DAK.  Should I let my department armorer install it or do it myself.  I am not really up to snuff on swapping triggers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#1]
See this thread

ETA: If you're a cop and your dept armorer does stuff for you for free, I'd go that way.  It's not hard, but free gunsmithing from a professional is always nice.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I would truly suggest letting your department armorer install the trigger.  It is a simle job for an armorer or somebody experienced with Sigs.  I am sure while he is installing the trigger he would inspect other parts for wear at the same time and recommend replacements.  

Just my 0.02.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the thread.  I am gonna let my department armorer install it just to ensure it gets done right, plus it doesn't cost me anything.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I installed a short trigger on my P226. It took a while but wasn't that hard. I purchased a Sig Armorer DVD from a Sigforum member and it made all the difference. Once you are able to remove  and then reinstall the locking insert, it becomes easier. The locking insert is the only tricky part. If you are uncomfortable field stripping your Sigs, let a Sig Armorer do it. The DVD is available from Brownells.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top