Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2006 1:54:49 PM EDT
How easy (or hard) is it to swap out the trigger in a 239?  I am thinking of trying out a short trigger, but only if I could put it in myself...

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:52:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
How easy (or hard) is it to swap out the trigger in a 239?  I am thinking of trying out a short trigger, but only if I could put it in myself...

Thanks in advance.

It's easy.  You can do it yourself with no special tools.  I installed the short trigger on a 229.  I ended up going back to the standard though, and I read that a lot of others had the same experience.

The short one doesn't actually shorten the trigger pull; instead, the trigger itself is just thinner so you don't have to reach as far.  It felt funny.  One of these days when I'm bored I'll put the short one back in and see if I can grow to like it.

Here's a good write up up on how to do it.  Go by this and you can't go wrong.  Read the whole article first, in particular the feedback at the bottom of it -- contains useful suggestions.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:54:20 AM EDT
[#2]
2 minute job.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:31:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks ORinTX, that link should help me immensely.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Big +1 !

I was about to ask the same question. Great minds think alike. Thanks for the link.
Jay
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad to help, guys.  Hope it goes well for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top