Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#1]

After a hiatus last weekend I made it back to the range for another 250 rounds today, all shot from the OWB holster. It’s smooth and comfortable, works as expected. Still no malfunctions, that’s in 1,750 rounds. I did shoot some more JHPs today, two boxes of Winchester USA Ready 124gr +P from the comped P320 days. The 226 with steel frame is so heavy I can barely tell the difference between the two loads anyway and of course it functioned just fine. Next weekend I’ll try to get some practice in with the MSP from AIWB

Link Posted: 8/27/2023 8:23:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Croak:

There's a solution for that.

https://store.otdefense.com/collections/nub-mods/products/7ts-adjust-plate?variant=43872535314657

Same company that makes the Nub mod for Safariland ALS holsters.  They also have something similar for the 6000 series.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MaxxII:
Quick heads up about pulling the barrel plug from a Safariland holster:

I did it so I could work on draw stroke while using a Coolfire system,(barrel protrudes farther than the muzzle). Just wanted back up parts in case I lost them so I called Safariland to order more.
Safariland told me that removing the plug voided the warranty of the holster, and they did not sell them. They were considered a safety part, (retention) and removing them was a no no.

Mine is fine, (kept the parts and only use it for dry fire practice), but just wanted you to be aware of Safariland’s view of this.

There's a solution for that.

https://store.otdefense.com/collections/nub-mods/products/7ts-adjust-plate?variant=43872535314657

Same company that makes the Nub mod for Safariland ALS holsters.  They also have something similar for the 6000 series.

That's awesome! Thank you for posting that as I had not heard of them before!
The fact that it's a Marine Vet owned company is just icing on the crayon!

Regarding your Sig Legion P226 in the "wrong" holster...
Candian Military had some "issues" with Sig P320's "spontaneously" firing while they were using them in Blackhawk Serpa holsters designed for the P226.
Now maybe using a Safariland P320 holster for P226 is on the opposite end of the spectrum, I dont know.

I love my Sigs, the P226 fits my hands perfectly. So I'd dearly love to have a red dot capable Safariland holster for a P226 Legion SAO, but I dont know who's making one.
Have you had any issues with your 226 in the holster?
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 8:27:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Croak] [#3]
No problems, but keep in mind I'm a DA/SA guy, so I don't have the SAO thumb safeties to contend with.

As for the Canadian issue, their problem was using a Serpa in the first place.  :)
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Fair point.

I’m a DA/SA guy as well, but I’d definitely like to try a Legion SAO RXP.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 10:15:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Can’t believe it took me this long to think to break out my photography light box and take some better pictures of this thing.

Range time over the coming three day weekend will crest 2000 rounds through the Roci, at which point it’ll be time for a detailed disassembly and cleaning. More to come soon!
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#6]

A happy Labor Day to you all and a celebration of the first 2,000 malfunction-free rounds! Spent more time today shooting longer distance (20-25 yards) and being a bit more deliberate with my throttle control. I suck at shooting pistols at distance, because I hate shooting pistols at distance, because I suck at it. But, practicing what we’re not good at is how we get better…I guess

This is the roughly 150 rounds that I shot past 20 yards today. Still did a bit more close-in rapid fire with the other 100 rounds. This gun honestly makes it really hard not to smack the trigger as fast as possible, but patience is a virtue blah blah blah.

I briefly wiped the gun down when I got home and loaded it back up with HSTs. Later this week I’ll be taking the pistol to my gunsmith to strip it, inspect everything for incorrect wear/breakage, clean it thoroughly, and button it back up. I think after that it’ll be time to try a “X rounds with no cleaning/lube” challenge. Number of rounds still yet to be determined
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Rudukai13:
I think after that it’ll be time to try a “X rounds with no cleaning/lube” challenge. Number of rounds still yet to be determined
View Quote

Definitely waiting to read the results of that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Teamer:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Teamer:
I think after that it’ll be time to try a “X rounds with no cleaning/lube” challenge. Number of rounds still yet to be determined

As always it’ll all be documented, photographed, and discussed here!

I’d have to get off work early enough to take the gun to my ‘smith before they close for the day first though…Might have to wait to take it to him until Saturday
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Finally had time to get the pistol to my gunsmith today, it’ll be in his capable hands for a bit. He’ll be checking for anything broken or unexpected damage while he takes it down and gets it squeaky clean. Not expecting to see anything though, the gun’s been running like an absolute champ.

Probably will re-up on 147gr FMJ later this week. More to come
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 5:37:50 PM EDT
[#10]
That’s a sexy ass pistol. Minus the dot and light, but I get it
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 11:41:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Blk99sleekbeak:
That’s a sexy ass pistol. Minus the dot and light, but I get it
View Quote

You may not like it, but this is what peak modern pistol performance looks like
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:44:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Finally had time to get the pistol to my gunsmith today, it’ll be in his capable hands for a bit. He’ll be checking for anything broken or unexpected damage while he takes it down and gets it squeaky clean. Not expecting to see anything though, the gun’s been running like an absolute champ.

View Quote

You take your gun to a gunsmith for that?
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:32:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

Having just finished moving and not yet having a proper workspace set up/haven’t unpacked all the necessary tools yet, yes. That won’t be the case in the future though
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I finally got the chance to handle one of these at a local shop. That thing is a beast! Definitely a lot different from my plain old 2004 P226R. It’s interesting reading about your range sessions with this pistol. As a huge fan of the Expanse books (the TV series wasn’t bad either), I appreciate the theme!
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 1:43:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
I finally got the chance to handle one of these at a local shop. That thing is a beast! Definitely a lot different from my plain old 2004 P226R. It’s interesting reading about your range sessions with this pistol. As a huge fan of the Expanse books (the TV series wasn’t bad either), I appreciate the theme!
View Quote

I re-read (listen to the audiobooks at least) the series of novels about once every couple months and re-watch the series a few times a year. It’s my favorite series, in books and television. The name seemed appropriate
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 11:56:28 PM EDT
[#16]
2,000 more rounds of the Roci’s preferred 147gr FMJ kibble ordered up. I wasn’t running low on pistol pellets, but might as well buy more when I can and have a good stockpile
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Your thread has pushed me over I’ve got optics on Glocks and modern Sigs but I often carry a M11a1 and before that a P229 in 357. I’d been looking at having the m11 cut, but found a good deal on an Sig Pro Cut slide supposed to be here Monday. I’ve always thought the P22X series guns were amazing feeling. With some Gray Guns parts they have fantastic triggers now I’ll have one a bit more into modern perfection.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Gunnie357:
Your thread has pushed me over I’ve got optics on Glocks and modern Sigs but I often carry a M11a1 and before that a P229 in 357. I’d been looking at having the m11 cut, but found a good deal on an Sig Pro Cut slide supposed to be here Monday. I’ve always thought the P22X series guns were amazing feeling. With some Gray Guns parts they have fantastic triggers now I’ll have one a bit more into modern perfection.
View Quote

Inspiring others to spend money on guns is my favorite pastime Post pics when you get it set up!
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:09:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rudukai13] [#19]
The Roci’s back out of dry dock!

And not a moment too soon, given current events…

Lots of range time coming this weekend to make up for lost time
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Old school X5 vs the Roci....

I want a new X5 to go along with this one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:36:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I re-read (listen to the audiobooks at least) the series of novels about once every couple months and re-watch the series a few times a year. It’s my favorite series, in books and television. The name seemed appropriate
View Quote

I’ve listened to the audiobooks twice through, but it may be time for another listen. There’s so much to the story that it’s always interesting to hear again. I was really glad they re-recorded the one book (4?) with the usual narrator and got rid of that odd one-off reader that just didn’t fit.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Still works.

There’s another 300 rounds and 0 malfunctions to kick off the next period of 2,000 rounds, which will be attempted with no additional lubrication or cleaning. Here are the rules for the next 1,700 rounds:

- NO additional lubrication, grease, CLP, etc will be applied anywhere on the pistol since receiving it back from my gunsmith. The one exception to this rule is that I’ll still be running a bore snake through the barrel every other range trip, because fuck you it’s my gun.

- The gun will NOT have any carbon removed, cleaned, scraped, scratched, etc from the interior workings of the pistol or the feed ramp, barrel hood, locking lugs, or any other exterior portion of the barrel. I will occasionally use a dry rag to spot clean the exterior of the slide/frame, but only with the slide forward and fully in battery so as not to cheat and “accidentally” scrape some carbon off the ejector or something.

- I will still be using damp lens cleaning wipes to clean off the bezel of the X300U and the lens of the optic. Those won’t affect the function of the gun and it’ll keep them useable throughout the 2,000 round process.

As usual ALL malfunctions, failures, issues, etc will be documented and recorded here.

Rounds since last cleaned/lubed: 300
Malfunctions: 0
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Haven't run the HST's specifically yet but it handled all the other 147gr JHP/FMJ ammo I shot through it initially just fine and the recoil was exceptionally soft.

The X-Five must use a slightly different frame than the other P226 pistols, cause the 20-round magazines worked perfectly fine in the P226 Legion SAO that my LGS had when I first bought the three mags.

If I could order from just anywhere online I wouldn't have had any concerns with acquiring mags for the gun, but the vast majority of online retailers won't ship mags above 15-round capacity to CO even though the dumbass capacity limit law is summarily ignored by everyone here including the state sheriff and police unions. Pretty much any smaller gun stores that aren't the big-box national chain stores sell standard capacity magazines, provided you can find the type you're looking for in stock. This is why I was so pleased to find out my preferred LGS will special order the 18-rounders from Sig on request
View Quote
Could it just be the magwell?
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By fla556guy:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fla556guy:

Haven't run the HST's specifically yet but it handled all the other 147gr JHP/FMJ ammo I shot through it initially just fine and the recoil was exceptionally soft.

The X-Five must use a slightly different frame than the other P226 pistols, cause the 20-round magazines worked perfectly fine in the P226 Legion SAO that my LGS had when I first bought the three mags.

If I could order from just anywhere online I wouldn't have had any concerns with acquiring mags for the gun, but the vast majority of online retailers won't ship mags above 15-round capacity to CO even though the dumbass capacity limit law is summarily ignored by everyone here including the state sheriff and police unions. Pretty much any smaller gun stores that aren't the big-box national chain stores sell standard capacity magazines, provided you can find the type you're looking for in stock. This is why I was so pleased to find out my preferred LGS will special order the 18-rounders from Sig on request

Possibly, though I doubt it. I had also tried to insert one of the 20-round magazine tubes without any base pad on it at all and it still wouldn’t lock in. That may still be due to interference from the magwell, as I didn’t try removing the magwell to test it. But I want to keep the magwell on the gun and I’ve got an easy enough way of acquiring more of the magazines that are compatible with the X-Five with magwell installed that I’m not concerned about it
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 9:50:31 PM EDT
[#25]
“Life finds a way to get in the way.”

- Me.

Well after far too long I finally got back to the range today for another 300 rounds, and did some more practice in the 15-25 yard range. Started out a bit shit but started to tighten back up towards the end. That brings the total to 2,600 through the gun, 600 since it was cleaned and lubed, and 0 malfunctions either way.

I did experience my first “anomaly”, if you even want to call it that, with the pistol today when the slide auto-forwarded once upon reloading. It hasn’t happened before, I wasn’t able to replicate it, and I don’t really view it as an issue anyway. It was likely just due to the location of my trigger finger riding the slide release and forcefully inserting a new mag.

This was the second range trip since the gun was fully stripped, so I did remove the barrel and spray the bore. Pulled the slide apart, sprayed only the inside of the barrel with Rem Oil, let it sit while I wiped the optic lens and light bezel, and ran the bore with a snake twice. Carefully avoiding wiping any other dirt or carbon off, I reassembled the pistol and put it back in the safe in this condition:

Mmmm, carbony.

Makes its own gravy.

Total rounds through the pistol: 2,600
Rounds since last cleaned/lubed: 600

The Roci’s gonna be a dirty girl in another 1,400 rounds
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Stopped off at my LGS on the way home from work and put in an order for another few magazines, and ordered the base pads and springs from Springer. I think for the time being until the gun hits the 10k round mark, every time I get an urge to buy some aftermarket parts for it I’ll just buy another set of magazines.

Gonna have a lot of magazines for this thing…
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 10:57:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Three more cause MOAR
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 9:49:53 PM EDT
[#28]

300 more rounds down the pipe, still no issues.

I entertained myself a bit with some Mozambique/Failure to Stop drills at 5-10 yards today. Basically just something to slow me down from pulling the trigger as fast as I can.

No bore snake this trip, so just wiped off the X300U bezel and the optic lens and back in the safe she goes.

It honestly pains me much more than I expected to not just wipe some of this crud off…So tempting…

Total rounds through the pistol: 2,900
Rounds since last cleaned/lubed: 900
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#29]
That is a good looking gun.
Have you found a holster for her yet?
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:
That is a good looking gun.
Have you found a holster for her yet?
View Quote

So far just using the few universal WML-based buckets I bought previously, haven’t spent the time trying to figure out a Safariland retention holster for it yet. It looks like there are several options but any one of them will require some slight modification to fit.

I’ll probably wind up getting in touch with Ghostmen Designs and order through them, they do a lot of Safariland holster modifications for unusual pistols
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 3:20:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Interesting, I had not heard of Ghostmen designs. Looking through the website seems promising.
Wonder if sending them a 320 optic ready holster would work for an X5 or the 226 SAO.

Thank you for the heads up about them.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 1:12:25 AM EDT
[#32]
300 more rounds through the gun tonight - and we have a malfunction! Well, not really a malfunction of the gun, exactly:

At about 100 rounds left tonight I started to notice my accuracy degrading. Chalked it up to being tired and decided I’d just finish out the remaining rounds I’d brought with me to the range. Then with about 25 rounds left out of the 300, I took a shot, felt a small *plink* on my forehead, looked down and saw one of the optic screws on the concrete.

Originally I figured it’d just come loose and backed out, but on further inspection the screw sheared off before rudely tapping me in the forehead. That means there’s still part of the screw left in the slide:

That’ll have to be a problem for my gunsmith to fix. I believe the culprit is the use of a filler plate to mount the RMR-footprint 508T to the DPP-footprint slide cut. While filler plates are supposed to be better than adapter plates at avoiding exactly this issue, this experience has been enough to make me lose trust in the use of plates altogether. Which means I need to replace the 508T with a DPP-footprint optic, and there’s only one such pistol dot on the market I trust for a serious defensive use pistol:

I had been considering getting the SCS-320 over a 508T for this pistol when I first bought the gun, but at the time the optic was still brand new to the market with very little testing information available and nobody even had them in stock. I’ve seen enough at this point to give one a shot riding the slide of this workhorse.

So, right now the Roci is sitting in my safe unloaded. When I get the SCS in I’ll take it to my gunsmith to remove the broken screw, mount the new optic, and zero it with the 147gr HSTs.

After some consideration I’ve decided NOT to qualify this as a malfunction for the purposes of this 2,000 round no cleaning/no lube test, as the pistol still functioned flawlessly and this was a failure of the optic mounting system. I still blasted through the remaining 25ish rounds I had left and still not a single feeding/cycling error. That means the gun has fed and fired 1,200 rounds completely error-free since the last cleaning or lubrication. The optic screw lasted just shy of 3,200 rounds before shearing off.

Frustrating, but this is why it’s important to test your own equipment and not just trust online reviews/experts. I’ll get the new optic in soon, get it mounted to the gun, and carry on throwing more teflon-coated tungsten steel slugs at five thousand meters per seco - er…Bullets. Throwing more bullets downrange…

I should read (listen to) Leviathan Wakes again…

Total rounds through the pistol: 3,200
Rounds since last cleaned/lubed: 1,200
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Well that sucks...but things could be worse.
I appreciate your sacrifice for the rest of us though.

Looking forward to your review on the SCS 320.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 1:09:49 AM EDT
[#34]
I’ll just point out, this shit was never a problem with frame-mounted optics…
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 3:46:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sierra-def] [#35]
300 more rounds through the gun tonight - and we have a malfunction! Well, not really a malfunction of the gun, exactly:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/414849/F0530601-6B04-49F0-B28B-9A9103EBAC5D-3036980.jpg

At about 100 rounds left tonight I started to notice my accuracy degrading. Chalked it up to being tired and decided I’d just finish out the remaining rounds I’d brought with me to the range. Then with about 25 rounds left out of the 300, I took a shot, felt a small *plink* on my forehead, looked down and saw one of the optic screws on the concrete.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/414849/41C33A3F-37E7-41B2-8852-40F9431880FB-3036981.jpg

Originally I figured it’d just come loose and backed out, but on further inspection the screw sheared off before rudely tapping me in the forehead. That means there’s still part of the screw left in the slide:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/414849/B4159E4B-490E-47B1-AE17-B539AA939E1A-3036982.jpg

That’ll have to be a problem for my gunsmith to fix. I believe the culprit is the use of a filler plate to mount the RMR-footprint 508T to the DPP-footprint slide cut. While filler plates are supposed to be better than adapter plates at avoiding exactly this issue, this experience has been enough to make me lose trust in the use of plates altogether. Which means I need to replace the 508T with a DPP-footprint optic, and there’s only one such pistol dot on the market I trust for a serious defensive use pistol:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/414849/065B0D5F-0404-4BF8-A875-C170F34AAC26-3036983.jpg

I had been considering getting the SCS-320 over a 508T for this pistol when I first bought the gun, but at the time the optic was still brand new to the market with very little testing information available and nobody even had them in stock. I’ve seen enough at this point to give one a shot riding the slide of this workhorse.

So, right now the Roci is sitting in my safe unloaded. When I get the SCS in I’ll take it to my gunsmith to remove the broken screw, mount the new optic, and zero it with the 147gr HSTs.

After some consideration I’ve decided NOT to qualify this as a malfunction for the purposes of this 2,000 round no cleaning/no lube test, as the pistol still functioned flawlessly and this was a failure of the optic mounting system. I still blasted through the remaining 25ish rounds I had left and still not a single feeding/cycling error. That means the gun has fed and fired 1,200 rounds completely error-free since the last cleaning or lubrication. The optic screw lasted just shy of 3,200 rounds before shearing off.

Frustrating, but this is why it’s important to test your own equipment and not just trust online reviews/experts. I’ll get the new optic in soon, get it mounted to the gun, and carry on throwing more teflon-coated tungsten steel slugs at five thousand meters per seco - er…Bullets. Throwing more bullets downrange…

View Quote

@Rudukai13

Are those screws designed for the RMR? If so you can have issues with the angle of the heads of the screws not matching the angle of the screw holes of the Holosun.

Also, throw the hex screws away and get torx screws. I have not have any issue of screws backing out of my RMR and using the FCD plate on my 320.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By sierra-def:

@Rudukai13

Are those screws designed for the RMR? If so you can have issues with the angle of the heads of the screws not matching the angle of the screw holes of the Holosun.

Also, throw the hex screws away and get torx screws. I have not have any issue of screws backing out of my RMR and using the FCD plate on my 320.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/414849/F0530601-6B04-49F0-B28B-9A9103EBAC5D-3036980.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/414849/41C33A3F-37E7-41B2-8852-40F9431880FB-3036981.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/414849/B4159E4B-490E-47B1-AE17-B539AA939E1A-3036982.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/414849/065B0D5F-0404-4BF8-A875-C170F34AAC26-3036983.jpg

@Rudukai13

The screws were supplied by Springer when ordering their filler plate, specifically for Holosun optics.

I’m alright giving the direct-mount SCS a try for a while. If it has problems too I’ll address them then, if not all the better
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#37]

The screws were supplied by Springer when ordering their filler plate, specifically for Holosun optics.

I’m alright giving the direct-mount SCS a try for a while. If it has problems too I’ll address them then, if not all the better
View All Quotes

@Rudukai13

The screws were not up to par.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 11:56:06 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

@Rudukai13

Certainly seems to have been the case. Do you have a recommendation for what screws to use with the SCS?
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 4:28:43 AM EDT
[#39]

Certainly seems to have been the case. Do you have a recommendation for what screws to use with the SCS?
View All Quotes

@Rudukai13

Do you know what the thread pitch and diameter.the holes are?

From there we can know if you can get it from Jagerwerks or another company.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

@Rudukai13

From what I can find according to the user manual for Sig’s R2/R1P optics (which mounts using the same holes as the SCS will) the screws will be M4x0.7 size? Can’t seem to find specifications for the actual SCS optic, but since that optic is specifically made for Sig’s slide cut I would have to imagine it comes with the correct size screws. But then, stranger things have happened…
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#41]
@Croak when you put the SCS-320 on your P226, did you use the screws that came with the optic or did you find alternatives? Does the user manual specify what size the screws are?
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 6:19:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Croak] [#42]
Screws that came with it.  They're  M4 x .7.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Screws that came with it.
View Quote

They didn’t require any additional trimming or modification?
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 6:29:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Croak] [#44]

View Quote

Not on my Pro-cut slide.

Might want to reach out to CHPWS if you have concerns about the screws and screw quality, they stock decent hardware and are familiar with the platform.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 1:33:45 AM EDT
[#45]

Not on my Pro-cut slide.

Might want to reach out to CHPWS if you have concerns about the screws and screw quality, they stock decent hardware and are familiar with the platform.
View All Quotes

Not on my Pro-cut slide.

The actual footprint of the cut and threaded holes should be identical between the Pro-cut and X-Series slides. The difference is with the X-Series cut, when you remove the cover plate the rear iron sights come off with it. The Pro-cut slides have the irons separately dovetailed in.

I’ll send an email to CHPWS and see what they recommend if anything
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Well the SCS was waiting on my doorstep when I got home from work today so I grabbed the Roci and ran back out to get it in my gunsmith’s hands before they closed. Should have it back within a week and we’ll get back to blastin’
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Well the SCS was waiting on my doorstep when I got home from work today so I grabbed the Roci and ran back out to get it in my gunsmith’s hands before they closed. Should have it back within a week and we’ll get back to blastin’
View Quote

Gunsmith?

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#48]

Gunsmith?

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F1M9fmo1WAFVK0%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=6878b23e2c9344ed028d12d51ab44f58a4aa415f75ba8c1bad1f69c7136e73a7&ipo=images

They have to extract the broken screw before the SCS can be mounted (I don’t have the tools or ability to do that myself), and since they have it anyway they’ll zero the optic with HSTs at 25 yards
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 7:58:26 PM EDT
[#49]

Back to blastin’
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 11:35:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Nice!!!
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top