User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:49:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@nizo_mizer

I don't see this stuff at either SIG or Osage. Did you order on the phone with SIG?

I've got everything for this but the sights.
View Quote

Correct the part numbers provided must be ordered by phone from Sig.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you have a number at Sig to order these parts from?  

I contacted Sig Customer Service and they said I should contact Parker Mountain Machine or Nxgen Tactical  

I was hoping you may have a direct number to use.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 7:49:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What's that rear sight for?
View Quote

It is for the SIG P320 M-17 (civilian model), M-18 and X-Compact that are cut for Delta Point Pro or Romeo 1 Pro also with the SIG P320 Danish MOD slide and other SIG slide with the same cut. I have the sight sitting on my Danish MOD Slide in the photos. You would also need the cover plate with this sight.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:48:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What optic would fit with it?
I assume an RMR with some adapter plate?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is for the SIG P320 M-17 (civilian model), M-18 and X-Compact that are cut for Delta Point Pro or Romeo 1 Pro also with the SIG P320 Danish MOD slide and other SIG slide with the same cut. I have the sight sitting on my Danish MOD Slide in the photos. You would also need the cover plate with this sight.

What optic would fit with it?
I assume an RMR with some adapter plate?

Its the factory sight that goes with the M17 cover plate.  They're not one piece, the sight is attached to the cover plate.  I don't think it would work with a red dot.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Weird. The M17 cover plate sitting in my parts bin is 2 pieces but they're permanently attached together. Not sure why they'd be sold as seperate pieces.
View Quote

M17 has a different plate than the M18.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 11:00:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#10]
90% finished with mine. I have just ordered some grip tape sheets and I have a fiber laser so my hope is I can laser cut the sheets without melting the tape and make my own grip tape for this pistol.

Barrel is correct military (not xcarry crown) etc, only real difference is my FCU is not DK marked but I may make an 80% at some time and create a DK serial for it.

I also saw what appears to be the tungsten weight in the Danish video, so mine has that too. Notice the silver/shiny here:

Link Posted: 10/26/2020 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
90% finished with mine. I have just ordered some grip tape sheets and I have a fiber laser so my hope is I can laser cut the sheets without melting the tape and make my own grip tape for this pistol.

Barrel is correct military (not xcarry crown) etc, only real difference is my FCU is not DK marked but I may make an 80% at some time and create a DK serial for it.

https://i.imgur.com/bNzcmoV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hFOZDCd.jpg

I also saw what appears to be the tungsten weight in the Danish video, so mine has that too. Notice the silver/shiny here:

https://i.imgur.com/nPkvcAd.jpg
View Quote

First I've heard of this. If not a X-carry barrel. What barrel are you using?
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

First I've heard of this. If not a X-carry barrel. What barrel are you using?
View Quote
Barrel is an early carry barrel. 3.9"

Original X-carry had the target crown. That got discontinued. Then they looked like the early carry barrel again. Then they now have the LCI cut-out.

Sig does Kaizen so things change all the time.

I noticed on the video its a regular crown. Of course that means nothing as Sig could have changed the barrel 5 times and we wouldn't know without representative pictures.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 2:15:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Original X-carry had the target crown. That got discontinued. Then they looked like the early carry barrel again. Then they now have the LCI cut-out.

I noticed on the video its a regular crown. Of course that means nothing as Sig could have changed the barrel 5 times and we wouldn't know without representative pictures.
View Quote

ah, I kew about the barrels w/ & w/out lci. didt realize x-carrys had regular crowns too.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Here is my Danish inspired M18.

Grip tape was hand cut.

Link Posted: 10/28/2020 8:45:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Here is my Danish inspired M18.

Grip tape was hand cut.

https://i.imgur.com/c8QnY84h.jpg
View Quote

Very nice! What tape did you use?
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 10:06:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Very nice! What tape did you use?
View Quote
Some tread tape I already had.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 5:46:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Just added the grip weight to my Danish MOD clone as well. After two weeks with my completed clone, I must say the Danes have chosen a fine service pistol for their troops. I think my Danish clone may be my favorite P320 out of the seven I currently own.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anyone looking for the rear sight assembly, this is the part numbers needed below.

Rear Sight: 1302145-08-R

Sight Plate / Cover:  1302087-R

Screws:  1302528-R  (NOTE, These are NOT sold as a set with 2 screws, you will need to order 2 of these for a pair).

Also just want to add that OsageCountyGuns has all the parts mentioned above available in a kit for like $150 I believe but do yourself a favor and get these directly from Sig, if memory serves me right you will save over $90 compared to Osage wanting $150 for everything (This price from them is also NOT even including the front sight.
View Quote

Earlier post by nizo_mizer listed these parts for the rear sight assembly.  I called Sig and asked for these specific parts.  the CS rep looked them up and said he was surprised they were in stock.  He took my order, CC information and I received them today.  This is what I ordered:

Here are pics of the actual parts.  Cost was right at $70.00

You have to order each screw.  Only one per package.

Link Posted: 10/30/2020 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just added the grip weight to my Danish MOD clone as well. After two weeks with my completed clone, I must say the Danes have chosen a fine service pistol for their troops. I think my Danish clone may be my favorite P320 out of the seven I currently own.
View Quote

I also decided to add the grip weight to my Danish build and attempt to add grip tape panels.

I made templates of the panels I wanted to cover: (technique idea lifted from another thread)

Placed template on 5"x7" sheet of Talon Granulated Texture Grip material, cut with hobby knife, and placed on grip.  It was my first try.  I have an additional sheet so I will probably make an additional set of panels and try to be more precise.  

Does anyone have access to actual schematics of the grip panels to be used as a template?  Would be nice.

Link Posted: 10/30/2020 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I also decided to add the grip weight to my Danish build and attempt to add grip tape panels.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1177/5_-_Sig_frame_weight_IMG_6533-1661161.jpg

I made templates of the panels I wanted to cover: (technique idea lifted from another thread)

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1177/IMG_6528-1661157.jpg

Placed template on 5"x7" sheet of Talon Granulated Texture Grip material, cut with hobby knife, and placed on grip.  It was my first try.  I have an additional sheet so I will probably make an additional set of panels and try to be more precise.  

Does anyone have access to actual schematics of the grip panels to be used as a template?  Would be nice.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1177/6_-_Talon_Grip_Tape_panels_IMG_6534-1661162.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1177/FMI_P320_rt_side_IMG_6536-1661164.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1177/FMI_P320_left_side__IMG_6536-1661163.jpg
View Quote

Very nice!
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a template of the grip panels I'll happily share.

I laser cut mine.

Pretty sure at this point mine is THE most Danish, doesn't get more Danish than the pistol plus a couple packs of Spunk

Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Please do share the template.

I have a laser cutter.  If the template works with mine, I'll gladly run off sets, at cost, for people here.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I have a laser cutter.  If the template works with mine, I'll gladly run off sets, at cost, for people here.
View Quote
I'll find somewhere to host it.

Fiber doesn't work, just burns everything and melts the glue away. You'll need a CO2

EDIT - File here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00536439878629943628
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m down
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I’m down
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m down

Sounds good to me. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have a template of the grip panels I'll happily share.

I laser cut mine.

Pretty sure at this point mine is THE most Danish, doesn't get more Danish than the pistol plus a couple packs of Spunk

https://i.imgur.com/1T3xC0p.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CGAaPoz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XKrWP3S.jpg

View Quote

Thanks elucidate!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:07:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Has anyone added up the total cost of building one of these?  I mean I’m doing one regardless, just curious.  Assuming buying all the parts new, not from donors, we’ll minus maybe the FCU.

Oh and if anyone has any spare parts for one of these or decided to not go through with the build, hit me up.  I’ll be ordering the slide, grip, and barrel tonight for sure, will need the small bits
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:37:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm in for a set as well.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 8:54:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Has anyone added up the total cost of building one of these?  I mean I’m doing one regardless, just curious.  Assuming buying all the parts new, not from donors, we’ll minus maybe the FCU.

Oh and if anyone has any spare parts for one of these or decided to not go through with the build, hit me up.  I’ll be ordering the slide, grip, and barrel tonight for sure, will need the small bits
View Quote

I cost me about $1,300 to build mine using all new parts including $365 for an FCU.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#30]
If I would have only used the necessary parts and just bought those parts (i.e., slide, barrel, sights, carry grip with magwell and weight) for the builld it would have cost me ~ $510.00.

I also decided, once I started the build, to go ahead and add new internals, etc.  So mine ended up costing $896.00.  This number includes any tax I had to pay and shipping costs.

I already had an FCU.  But if you add the $365 for the FCU as paid by CAR my costs could have been around $1260.

Costs could range from a low of $500 - $900.00 and the high end being around $1250 t0 $1350.

But the fun is - PRICELESS!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 12:43:38 PM EDT
[#31]
My original intention was to use my existing X-Carry parts in the build, but I decided I liked the X-Carry too much to part it out. This was an expensive build, but I feel it was worth it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My original intention was to use my existing X-Carry parts in the build, but I decided I liked the X-Carry too much to part it out. This was an expensive build, but I feel it was worth it.
View Quote

I agree and I had a blast completing it.

As I said the fun was PRICELESS!!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Thank you for the temple Elucidate, you are awesome.

I bought a roll of non-skid tape.  Let's hope this turns out well.  I'm guessing, if I ship them out priority, a set would run about $9.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 11:36:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Weirdly, the side pieces are too large, and the front and back pieces are way to small.

Will have to tweak.  Maybe Mondayish.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 11:41:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I bought a roll of non-skid tape.  Let's hope this turns out well.  I'm guessing, if I ship them out priority, a set would run about $9.
View Quote

@Postal0311, if you get everything set up to your expectations, I would be in for two sets.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 1:42:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Put me down for 1!
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 2:59:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

So did you have that barrel already?

Or where might 1 find it?

I guess I "need" a x-carry barrel without the target crown?
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58648/20201031_232445-1663474.jpg

Weirdly, the side pieces are too large, and the front and back pieces are way to small.

Will have to tweak.  Maybe Mondayish.
View Quote
Height of side pieces should be 85mm.

Front strap 31mm

Rear strap 54mm.

Keeping the same percentage dimensions as my template, makes perfect sized items, as per my cut outs.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 1:31:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So did you have that barrel already?

Or where might 1 find it?

I guess I "need" a x-carry barrel without the target crown?
View Quote

Email sent on the barrel
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 7:53:28 PM EDT
[#40]

The grip tape really changes the feel of the gun.

Sadly the non-skid tape I have kinda sucks.

Anyways, if you me to cut some non-skid you provide, or want me to cut you some of the terrible stuff, contact me and I'll do for my cost.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58648/20201103_181817-1669854.jpg

The grip tape really changes the feel of the gun.

Sadly the non-skid tape I have kinda sucks.

Anyways, if you me to cut some non-skid you provide, or want me to cut you some of the terrible stuff, contact me and I'll do for my cost.
View Quote
It really does doesnt it! Feels a lot larger but also a lot more secure.

Yours is looking great.

@DKprof you are a monster for making me spend this money!
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 12:48:52 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
Cool thread.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#43]
@doctorfireant

Beamo laser cutting nonskid tape.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 9:20:02 AM EDT
[#44]
@Postal0311,

Excellent video!!!!

It looks like those Talon grip sheets worked nice.  Thank you for taking the time to cut these and also to @elucidate for sharing the template.

Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Very cool video. I cant use the grip panels, but I do want the box that PERST-2 came in.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:42:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Nice!
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 8:27:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:47:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:12:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Sorry!  

At least you got some delicious and salty Spunk out of it!
View Quote
I've had that salty spunk since I lived in Hellerup.

It is probably not edible any more!
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top