BCM
User Panel

Page / 40
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LMD is still producing the PAiL?  Yes they are I worked at LMD until last month when I retired.   They just slowed the production line down for a few months as the Army was not issuing them out as covid restrictions kept units from training for awhile but the line is up and ready to go.   If you need a PAiL contact LMD defense and they will put you on a list if you are Military or LEO and they will get you one .
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got my FOIA responses back for my Dad's two handguns. They were submitted almost a year ago.

Any way to tell if they left the country on deployment?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just got my FOIA responses back for my Dad's two handguns. They were submitted almost a year ago.

https://i.imgur.com/wybjdwh.png

https://i.imgur.com/1bPnLyz.png

Any way to tell if they left the country on deployment?
View Quote

Pretty sure 1/327 went to Iraq in 2019
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Pretty sure 1/327 went to Iraq in 2019
View Quote

Sure looks like it according to the 1/327 facebook page.

I might have an Iraq gun, that's pretty sweet!

https://www.facebook.com/BastogneBulldogs/photos/a.935162199834968/3196293297055169/?type=3&theater
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#5]
FOIA info returned for TF004586.

Request sent, online, 19FEB2021 and received completed... today!

30OCT2017 - Entered the Army supply system.
22DEC2017 - Issued to C Co 1st BN 26th IN 101st
26FEB2019 - Turned in by unit
09APR2019 - Shipped back to SIG, out of the Army system.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mine was in D Co, otherwise identical info.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Got mine back - little surprised/disappointed in the official response as I think I was pretty clear in asking for information.

1. 30 October 2017 - Weapon manufacture Sig Sauer Inc. - Newington, NH shipped
the pistol to the Army General Supply (LMP Stock Records) - Anniston, Alabama.
This is the initial record into the DoD Small Arms/Light Weapons Registry.
2. 08 November 2017 - Defense Logistics Agency Distribution-Anniston - Anniston,
Alabama received the pistol.
3. 16 November 2017 - Defense Logistics Agency Distribution Anniston - Anniston,
AL shipped the pistol to the USA Logistic Readiness Center, Fort Campbell,
Kentucky.
4. 08 December 2017 - USA Logistic Readiness Center, Fort Campbell, Kentucky
42223 received the pistol.
5. 19 December 2019 - Defense Logistics Agency Distribution-Anniston - Anniston,

I know from other sources what happened from 12/17-12/19:
12-8-2017 to 12-11-2019
A Company
1st Battalion
327th Infantry Regiment
101st Airborne Division

Basically they left the one piece I really wanted to see out of the official response. I emailed back and asked if they could add any more information but never heard back. I'm guessing I would have to submit another request and wait another year?
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Got mine back - little surprised/disappointed in the official response as I think I was pretty clear in asking for information.

2. 08 November 2017 - Defense Logistics Agency Distribution-Anniston - Anniston,
3. 16 November 2017 - Defense Logistics Agency Distribution Anniston - Anniston,
Kentucky.
5. 19 December 2019 - Defense Logistics Agency Distribution-Anniston - Anniston,

12-8-2017 to 12-11-2019
A Company
1st Battalion
327th Infantry Regiment
101st Airborne Division

Basically they left the one piece I really wanted to see out of the official response. I emailed back and asked if they could add any more information but never heard back. I'm guessing I would have to submit another request and wait another year?
View Quote

What more info are you looking for?
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What more info are you looking for?
View Quote

Looking for something official that states who/when it was issued. I have the information but would like to establish a pedigree.

As an update - I emailed a different address (didn't read close enough on the response originally). It's about a month later now since this thread inspired me to try again and actually have received a response pretty quick. Essentially the first response was that the SMEs check everything back to 1975 and that is all that is in the database. I did push and ask for anything more with specific dates and the officer is sending it back to the SMEs for re-check. So, maybe there is more coming.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Kentucky.

12-8-2017 to 12-11-2019
A Company
1st Battalion
327th Infantry Regiment
101st Airborne Division

View Quote

It may not be that it was left out, it just may not be there.  Could have made it to Kentucky LRC and just sat on the shelf until the guns went back to Anniston.  Yes, 1st Bat did receive a bunch of these, but nothing saying they got them all.  have someone with Pbuse access run the serial number (if it's still in the system?).  If it went to a unit, it would be there, but then again it would be in your letter as well, so who knows?  All of these transactions are handled by peeps and depending on how well they like their job determines the quality of the info.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It may not be that it was left out, it just may not be there.  Could have made it to Kentucky LRC and just sat on the shelf until the guns went back to Anniston.  Yes, 1st Bat did receive a bunch of these, but nothing saying they got them all.  have someone with Pbuse access run the serial number (if it's still in the system?).  If it went to a unit, it would be there, but then again it would be in your letter as well, so who knows?  All of these transactions are handled by peeps and depending on how well they like their job determines the quality of the info.
View Quote

Yes- I have the info for this serial:
12-8-2017 to 12-11-2019
A Company
1st Battalion
327th Infantry Regiment
101st Airborne Division

I just want it officially. I want to keep it with the pistol as a nice package vs just having a private message printout from the internet.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 2:44:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes- I have the info for this serial:
12-8-2017 to 12-11-2019
A Company
1st Battalion
327th Infantry Regiment
101st Airborne Division

I just want it officially. I want to keep it with the pistol as a nice package vs just having a private message printout from the internet.
View Quote

In an amazingly fast turn of events, I already got my response and they found additional records:

4. 08 December 2017 - 0327 INF BN 01 CO A Rifle Company, Fort Campbell,
Kentucky received the pistol from Defense Logistics Agency Distribution-
Anniston, Anniston, Alabama.
5. 11 December 2019 - 0327 INF BN 01 CO A Rifle Company, Fort Campbell,
Kentucky turned in the weapon to Logistic Readiness Center, Fort Campbell,
Kentucky.

Now I'm satisfied, but even more impressed at how quick they responded to my request for them to relook at it and actually did it vs. hitting the delete button.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Got mine back today.

1. 30 October 2017 - Weapon manufacture Sig Sauer Inc. - Newington, New Hampshire shipped the pistol to the Army General Supply (LMP Stock Records), Anniston, Alabama. This is the initial record into the DoD Small Arms/Light Weapons Registry.
2. 08 November 2017 - Defense Logistics Agency Distribution-Anniston, Anniston, Alabama received the pistol.
3. 16 November 2017 - Defense Logistics Agency Distribution-Anniston, Anniston, Alabama shipped the pistol to Logistic Readiness Center, Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
4. 08 December 2017 – 0327 IN BN 01 CO A Rifle Company, Fort Campbell, Kentucky received the pistol from Defense Logistics Agency Distribution- Anniston, Anniston, Alabama.
5. 11 December 2019 - 0327 IN BN 01 CO A Rifle Company, Fort Campbell, Kentucky turned in the weapon to Logistic Readiness Center, Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
6. 19December2019-TheDLADistribution-Anniston,Anniston,Alabamareceived the weapon from the Logistic Readiness Center, Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
7. 19December2019-TheDLADistribution-Anniston,Anniston,Alabamashipped the weapon outside the DOD to the weapon manufacture Sig Sauer Inc., Newington, New Hampshire.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 1:47:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Received my FOIA request.

https://en.images.guru/i/mutry

https://en.images.guru/i/mutry
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

@ArmyPilot12 how did you submit yours?  I'm seeing lots of early 2020 FOIAs coming back, but yours was sent in 2021 and back already? Sure hope the later FOIA requests would be quicker, but that has to be frustrating for folks waiting since last year.

Did anyone get an acknowledgement from the online FOIA request? Submitted 09-May-2021 and nothing at all received to date.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@ArmyPilot12 how did you submit yours?  I'm seeing lots of early 2020 FOIAs coming back, but yours was sent in 2021 and back already? Sure hope the later FOIA requests would be quicker, but that has to be frustrating for folks waiting since last year.

Did anyone get an acknowledgement from the online FOIA request? Submitted 09-May-2021 and nothing at all received to date.
View Quote

I did mine online, https://foiaonline.gov/foiaonline/action/public/home

I received notifications when they received it, when the responsible agency received it, and when it was completed.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I did mine online, https://foiaonline.gov/foiaonline/action/public/home
I received notifications when they received it, when the responsible agency received it, and when it was completed.
View Quote

Same here, about four months to process, start to finish.
Page / 40
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top