BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 40
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Exactly. USGI Berettas would do the same thing if they were allowed to sell them. And you'd hear the same types of folks saying they're junk and not worth a bucket of warm spit.

Im super interested in this as a military firearm enthusiast, even if I have 2 commercials in the safe.
View Quote
Back in the 90's 221 M9 US marked Beretta's were released. They were made for an Army Reserve pistol team. The reason they were allowed to be released is that they had commercial serial numbers. All of the major parts had the assembly number on them.

Around the same time they were released there was an article on them in the "American Rifleman".
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#4]
So has anyone posted a pic of an actual one that has been released? I see PSA has them listed instock again.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered one and there were 15 left when i posted this and they are now sold out.  Maybe they will list some more later, but they sold out quick.  I will post some photo's when mine arrives.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#6]
So basically the gov sent these back to Sig because of the issues with them, Sig turns around and sells them at a markup.  Genius.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Got one from PSA, ended up being $774 after tax and shipping. Hopefully it is worth it!
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 1:13:36 PM EDT
[#8]
had one in the cart and the doorbell rang...went back 30 seconds later to finish buying and OOS   :(
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I squeezed in and bought mine. I was on a back-up list for two other places and didn’t want to risk missing out.

For the active Army folks, when you get M17 surplus, take the serial number to your unit supply or PBO. They may be able to do a query on the history of it. I don’t know if the supply system will still show items out of the Army inventory but it is worth a try. If it works, ought to increase collector value and be cool as heck.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Hopefully PSA puts out some more, missed this by a few minutes. This is definitely something that will go up in value.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 3:08:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I am not a gun “collector” to date but it seems like there will be value left on the table for all the true collectors there are out there.

I stumbled on the PSA ones looking at their Christmas sale and it was stuffed as the last item before the out of stock items. I bought 1. Maybe it will spark a collecting interest...
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So basically the gov sent these back to Sig because of the issues with them, Sig turns around and sells them at a markup.  Genius.
View Quote
I think the contract terms were just changed and Sig swapped the revised contract guns for these.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think the contract terms were just changed and Sig swapped the revised contract guns for these.
View Quote
Correct. I would hope that these are "drop safe", but i believe the main difference is the second run for the contract had all black controls/small parts
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Correct. The 'issues' with them were the color of the slide and the controls. Easier (and cheaper) to replace the pistols than to refinish them, especially if they can turn around and sell these to us.

See from about 1:08 to 1:35 of the video from SIG.

SIG SAUER M17 Military Surplus
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Fuck it, I bought one from PSA
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:31:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thank good we get to take advantage of their genius (marketing)
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:34:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Got one from PSA, ended up being $774 after tax and shipping. Hopefully it is worth it!
View Quote
That stinks mine was $716.99 shipped. My buddy in Indiana is always charged sales tax as well, didn't know y'all in Tx are also hit with Sales tax on internet gun purchases.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:49:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That stinks mine was $716.99 shipped. My buddy in Indiana is always charged sales tax as well, didn't know y'all in Tx are also hit with Sales tax on internet gun purchases.
View Quote
Fortunately it wasnt until recently we are. My understanding is that online retailers charge sales tax if they do $$$$$$ amount of revenue in sales in whatever state. Earlier in the year, PSA was not charging sales tax in TX. Now they do.

Small online businesses still do not charge sales tax to TX, but pretty much all the big boys do.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I wonder why psa has them as excellent condition? They are surplus I find it hard to believe that any of them would be excellent. Two are on gun broker one really beat up the other one is not to bad but has slide rash. I hope psa gets more in stock sill looking to get one.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I wonder why psa has them as excellent condition? They are surplus I find it hard to believe that any of them would be excellent. Two are on gun broker one really beat up the other one is not to bad but has slide rash. I hope psa gets more in stock sill looking to get one.
View Quote
I'm hunting for one too. I had one ordered from proven arms but they cancelled my order because they said their quantity to be received changed. I passed up other purchasing opportunities due to mynorder being valid with them at the time.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone know where to find the gov contract holster?   I believe Safariland got the contract but am not sure if they are available anywhere.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#22]
The 4 that I see on Gunbroker look to be in great shape.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Those all so look pretty nice, as the should since they have been inservice for less than 2 years.

Wouldn't mind one with a little slide ware as to not be confused with the commemorative in the future, as these will appreciate much greater than they will.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wonder if PSA actually has them yet?

i know i just ordered yesterday at 11:47 AM but order shows processing
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Looks like this shop has 5 on GB. They had 1 on their website. I paid $860 shipped for it
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:38:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wouldn't mind one with a little slide ware as to not be confused with the commemorative in the future, as these will appreciate much greater than they will.
View Quote
The M17s and the Commemoratives have different serial number ranges.  The Commemoratives are M17-0001 through M17-5000.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
USMC Colts are usually $2k
View Quote
I'd love to be able to buy one of the decommissioned USMC Colt M45A1 pistols for $2k! Right now the prices are quite a bit higher then that, here's one that sold recently:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/847234590

Even though a few thousand M17 pistols are being released, the demand for a legit military used pistol is there. I bet they'll easily double in price once they're sold out. My dealer is trying to get as many as their distributor will allow and they've been getting dozens of calls a day from around the country.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#29]
From the LGS that took my money, their GB listings say, ”This batch represents the original 5,000 models provided to the U.S. Army for soldier evaluation. Of which less than 3,000 are being released to the public. Surplus Sig Sauer M17's features unique wear and handling marks from field testing with the 101st and 82nd Air Borne. Making each a unique piece of American military history.”

Any way to substantiate the claims of “fielded by 101st and 82nd” and “fewer than 3,000 available?”
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
From the LGS that took my money, their GB listings say, "This batch represents the original 5,000 models provided to the U.S. Army for soldier evaluation. Of which less than 3,000 are being released to the public. Surplus Sig Sauer M17's features unique wear and handling marks from field testing with the 101st and 82nd Air Borne. Making each a unique piece of American military history."

Any way to substantiate the claims of "fielded by 101st and 82nd" and "fewer than 3,000 available?"
View Quote
I have no idea where all this info is coming from. Sig Talk said 1,500 pistols, my buddy who has a friend at Sig said 2,500, the GB listing says 3,000 and my local store told me today that 4,000 were being released. Sig really needs to put out some facts about this release.

Who knows what units were using these. Is anyone on here active duty in the Army? Maybe we can get someone to run a few serial numbers with their database, there was a Marine who was doing that for the M45A1 pistols a few years back.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I remember seeing Army posts online about the 101st being the first unit to field them. That was a while ago.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:40:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Looks like this shop has 5 on GB. They had 1 on their website. I paid $860 shipped for it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They’re now up to 7 pistols on gunbroker. I wonder how many more they’ll have.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#33]
The first three units to field the M17 were parts of the 101st, part of the 82nd, and the entire 3rd Cavalry Regiment. And yes, if a Supply Person runs the serial number in the Army GCS-A system, they can pull the history of when the pistol was in what unit; even if the pistol is no longer in the inventory. I haven’t confirmed this yet but a Supply NCO informed me of such when I asked.

I will probably test run a serial number or two from the GB listings next week.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
@SlimBlundt
I snagged one for their site. I paid a bit more (probably because of the differences in taxes, or I had to actually pay tax and you didn't). But I'm happy to snag one. But hell, sure, I would have been very happy to get it for the price PSA had them. But with one that should be coming. I'm out of the rat race. :)

I'm glad to have it coming. I'm interested in comparing it with my commemorative.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:49:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Any updates on these?  I have an order confirmation but have not received any type of update.

Thank you.  Happy New Year!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At this time we have exceeded our orders for the allotted amount we are receiving from SIG.
Any updates on these?  I have an order confirmation but have not received any type of update.

Thank you.  Happy New Year!
I am in the same boat and would like to know sooner rather than later if I need to be bidding on one elsewhere.  Any update would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:57:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

@SlimBlundt
I snagged one for their site. I paid a bit more (probably because of the differences in taxes, or I had to actually pay tax and you didn't). But I'm happy to snag one. But hell, sure, I would have been very happy to get it for the price PSA had them. But with one that should be coming. I'm out of the rat race. :)

I'm glad to have it coming. I'm interested in comparing it with my commemorative.
View Quote
@Jack_Flag

I got a shipping confirmation email (no tracking info yet). The ones they have listed on GB look a little tough. I REALLY hope I get a salty one with numbers painted on it and smells like a camel

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:09:12 AM EDT
[#38]
To much for me
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:11:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

@Jack_Flag

I got a shipping confirmation email (no tracking info yet). The ones they have listed on GB look a little tough. I REALLY hope I get a salty one with numbers painted on it and smells like a camel

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/whatastorymark-45.gif
View Quote
I hope for the same type actually. But it'll probably smell like a pizza mre &  body odor.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:28:03 AM EDT
[#40]
If the seller on GB was smart, they’d be putting these pistols out 2 at a time and letting the auctions go on for at least a few days. Instead they’re selling 7 pistols at once with 24hr listings. I wonder if maybe they know a bunch are about to hit the street and think they’re going to sell them for a premium before they become more widely available. If that’s the case, they underestimated both the demand and availability. They’re selling at a premium, but not the premium they could be fetching with a little patience.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:39:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If the seller on GB was smart, they'd be putting these pistols out 2 at a time and letting the auctions go on for at least a few days. Instead they're selling 7 pistols at once with 24hr listings. I wonder if maybe they know a bunch are about to hit the street and think they're going to sell them for a premium before they become more widely available. If that's the case, they underestimated both the demand and availability. They're selling at a premium, but not the premium they could be fetching with a little patience.
View Quote
Similar thoughts, they are driving their own price down with 7 pistols at once. Providing they don't have more, I would release very small numbers over a few months rather than nut now.

let's assume they (sig) has up to 5,000, look at how fast the Commemoratives went last time in a month, Poof they were gone. These seem to be generating much more buzz.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#42]
This dealer has them listed on their website for $850 and they have 7 gunbroker auctions ending today.  One of their auction guns has now sold for $1,200.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/850787545
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:14:16 PM EDT
[#43]
So the one GB seller has sold at least 3 pistols to members here through their website at $860/ ea and they have 8 listed on auction right now, so that’s one dealer in MN who got AT LEAST 11 units.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So the one GB seller has sold at least 3 pistols to members here through their website at $860/ ea and they have 8 listed on auction right now, so that’s one dealer in MN who got AT LEAST 11 units.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/421435/3FDCB2DC-A47F-49E6-AEBD-6500983D595B_png-1211554.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/421435/5B57B19E-4E73-4B18-B64F-DC1AAAEAFF95_png-1211555.JPG
View Quote
Yep. Almost bought one from their website, but it would have come out to a bit under $1,000 after tax. Nope, not worth it to me, even if I could flip it in the future for a grand or more. Sure hope Sig's got more coming, I'd love one at $700.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yep. Almost bought one from their website, but it would have come out to a bit under $1,000 after tax. Nope, not worth it to me, even if I could flip it in the future for a grand or more. Sure hope Sig's got more coming, I'd love one at $700.
View Quote
The first of 8 just sold...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Makes me glad I picked up one from PSA even with shipping and tax. Now for them to ship it soon. Also looking for the issued Safariland holsters but don't see any on the surplus market yet.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Second one just sold for $1425 and they listed two more for sale on GB.  They also show out of stock on their website for the $850 ones.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Second one just sold for $1425 and they listed two more for sale on GB.  They also show out of stock on their website for the $850 ones.
View Quote
I see now that their auctions are being sabotaged by a new user who just joined GB today. If I were a betting man, my money would be on the seller realizing they’re letting these guns go for way too cheap and too fast so they created a burner account to outbid everyone else, then claim “non-paying bidder.”

Or it could just be some dude with a credit card who doesn’t give a damn.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#49]
...oh, and I received a shipping confirmation and tracking number for my M17.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
...oh, and I received a shipping confirmation and tracking number for my M17.
View Quote
Same here.  I was half expecting them to cancel the order.  I checked this morning and they still had them in stock for $850 + $10 S&H. They went to out of stock this afternoon.  I’m still  waiting on the one I ordered from PSA.  Still shows processing.

Last auction sold for $1580.
Page / 40
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top