BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 4:12:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Each time one of you guys bumps this thread, I get exited that my number is coming up.

And then I'm like
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Man oh man, I've been watching all these threads with interest and drooling over the chassis on IG.

If these were available off the shelf, I'd run out and grab one and a M17 today.

Here's hoping the supply issues resolve soon.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 2:58:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Worth noting this is a statement in an opinion letter that applies only to the person it is addressed to.

There is no statutory definition of a vertical fore grip, we’re all working off common sense and opinion that can change depending on how the wind blows.

Did Flux clear this design with the ATF? I genuinely don’t know.
View Quote
I completely understand where you’re coming from but a lot of companies go off of the letter written to SB tactical for the arm brace. A lot of companies also go off of the letter written to Magpul for their angled grip.  I think if you follow those key points and designs, then that the letter you are requesting should not differ, ya know? I also know that the ATF is notorious for not keeping their word (whether for positive or negative).

As far as I know, they did not request a letter. I would think that after the MP17 video went viral that if they truly had an issue with it, they’d pay a visit to Flux.

I think I know what someone might say to that, that the MP17 isn’t on the mass market nor is it super popular and is sort of a niche-market thing. My answer to that would be, well neither was the semi-automatic version of the AA-12. The ATF classified them as MGs and confiscated them from dealers before they could even transfer them to the buyers.

The worst thing that could happen is that we could be forced to SBR our P320 frames. However, I do not think that will happen. (You never know though)
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So I figured I'd give it a shot to see if maybe I'd get it by my birthday? Sad to hear it, but nope! However, there is good news in the reply concerning when I might see it and when others from the Black Friday sale might see theirs as well! (Order #101XX)
View Quote
@MillerGunCo

Heard anything? We're at the beginning of that 2 week window now.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I emailed Alex at Flux a day or two ago and told him that I didn't want to die of Corona hysteria without shooting my MP17.

Hey , first of all thank you for that good laugh. We are currently waiting on steel parts to finish up being heat treated so we can send them for nitride. That is the last step in the process and once back in the shop we can start building and shipping again. We have 9 MP17 orders before we start on Black Friday (Nov 28-30) orders and I see you ordered on the 28th so yours will be one of the first out once we can build.

Alex
Support
FLUX DEFENSE
View Quote
SOON
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 7:36:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Hopefully the parts they are waiting on are enough to finish all the outstanding orders and start taking new ones.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 2:07:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@MillerGunCo

Heard anything? We're at the beginning of that 2 week window now.
View Quote
I’ve not heard anything back as of yet. I did see the email you posted here that he sent you so I guess the update he provided you is newer than what I previously got.

If/when you get a shipping notice let us know. I’ll do the same.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 9:03:54 AM EDT
[#8]
They posted to instagram last night that they were still waiting on parts from heat treat and then they'd be building black friday orders.

No actual ETA provided.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 8:45:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I know these are “made in America” but does Flux rely on any suppliers who are getting their parts from overseas?
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I may need to trade or partial trade my Springfield 1911 to get a 320 now.

I want a 320 sombad
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#11]
whats everyone using for a threaded barrel on an M17 slide?
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I was concerned that Flux might be someplace where the beer flu was killing everyone.

Nope. They're in Utah. Nothing should stop them from getting my new toy out soon.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 3:20:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
whats everyone using for a threaded barrel on an M17 slide?
View Quote

I've been using silencerco threaded barrels on my P320's.  Overall I've been very impressed by the accuracy and the quality overall.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I feel bad for whomever does Flux's social media accounts.  It seems like the biggest group of tards infests their instagram.  I just saw read that someone wants this brace for the Glock 43.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 2:52:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Has anyone received any new updates or emails from Alex or anyone at Flux? I saw that they were waiting on hardware to come back from finishing.

I’m curious as to whether they are open for production right now or not. I wouldn’t be mad if they were closed but I’d assume due their small size of operation that they could potentially stay open. I’d write Alex but I already feel as though I’ve emailed them too much. Haha!
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:41:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Do they charge on purchase or when they ship. I may go ahead and jump on the list if its the latter.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:52:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Pretty sure i paid on black friday.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Any updates for those who bought on B/F?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Figure that they were at heat treating two weeks ago.  Assuming no issues there, or during nitriding, I'm really hoping to get a shipping notice early next week.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 9:41:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Any updates for those who bought on B/F?
View Quote

I've not received any newer updates than what others have said here regarding heat treat and nitride finishing.  

Any news from anyone else?
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 12:01:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I was just thinking about bumping this thread.  No news on my end.  

Two and a half weeks ago, they were out for heat treat.  So however long that takes, plus the amount of time for nitriding, plus however long it takes Flux to build and ship.

However long that is, I'm dying over here.  I have an exceptionally bad case of the wants.  I check their social media every day to see if there's an update.

The only thing I wouldn't be surprised with is that whoever runs it wound up offing themselves due to the sheer fucking stupidity of the instagram commentators.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Awwww yeah!

I gave Flux a call today. They've got a batch of parts in from nitriding, and they're sending some out today. They should know more by the end of the day, and then they should ship out more next week too.

me:

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:24:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Awwww yeah!

I gave Flux a call today. They've got a batch of parts in from nitriding, and they're sending some out today. They should know more by the end of the day, and then they should ship out more next week too.

me:
https://media.giphy.com/media/UxREcFThpSEqk/giphy.gif
View Quote

That is GREAT news to hear! You’ve got me super excited now!  

What is your first 3 in the order number? Mine is 101XX.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Right there with you.  Same 3.  Nothing in my email last night, or yet this morning.  

I did make the guy who answered the phone laugh out loud.  I told him that the guy that does their social media should be put on suicide watch for dealing with the instatards all day.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:26:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That is GREAT news to hear! You’ve got me super excited now!  

What is your first 3 in the order number? Mine is 101XX.
View Quote

Just checked, I'm 102XX
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Well...no shipping emails yet.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:35:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well...no shipping emails yet.
View Quote

Nope

Hopefully they’ll come soon. I wish there were others that would post more pictures of the ones they’ve received.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Sumdood on their Instagram said he ordered on 29 November (like us), and got it last Friday...

Nothing for me yet though.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Aight, someone at Flux is full of shit. I sent them an email on Monday and got my reply.

Hi XXXX, first off we want to say we are extremely appreciative of your patience. Right now we are still waiting on our steel parts to assemble your order. We were supposed to have them done and in the shop about mid March but the heat treater we use had their machine break and they didn't tell us about it until two weeks after the due date for the steel. So we were super bummed out by that because we needed the steel parts. We picked up our steel from them and sent them to another heat treater out of state who said they would get it done the same week. After we sent it and they received it they said that they won't be able to work on it till two weeks later. So they just called us yesterday and said they now have just finished and are shipping the parts to our nitrider. It's all been a big mess but we are just trying to get our parts made. We just can't seem to catch a break. That being said we know they are being sent to the nitrider and until they let us know what their time frame is I don't have a true estimate. It usually doesn't take longer than a couple of days to nitride our steel parts and we are paying them extra to rush the job. Thank you for your patience. I know it is not fun at all to wait this long for your order and especially not fun when we have not been the best at communication. I hope you stick with us through the rough patch. We know that our products are worth it.
View Quote
Definitely does not jive with what the dude said on the phone.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 2:35:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Aight, someone at Flux is full of shit. I sent them an email on Monday and got my reply.

Definitely does not jive with what the dude said on the phone.
View Quote

What the hell?! I ordered on the 28th on November. How is it that someone already got their order, yet the parts aren’t even completed yet...?

So are the parts done or no?

Was that a reply from Alex or someone else? (The one mentioning the mishap with steel parts)

You know, if they would really get it together with a larger manufacturer and steel fabricator, the money flow would be endless for them. The product is amazing. The innovation is there. The only henderance to the entire operation and it taking off, is money and communication. You’ve got to spend money to make money.

If they had the right investor, they could take the concept of both the MP17 and Glock brace lines, apply that to essentially every other major platform, increase production on a major scale, they will literally have a money printer. They’ve not taken orders since the Black Friday sale. Now imagine the possibility without the consumer complaints on social media about lead times and the comments of “why is it always sold out?” And mix that with the ability to take orders from Black Friday until now.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Yeah, that email was from Alex. Don't know who the dude on the phone was.

No clue what's going on. The guy on Instagram wasn't a big name guy or anything. Maybe he's a friend or something.

I agree, If these guys had a decent sized investor, they would be killing it on many fronts. Even just some help in the supply chain would make them far more effective.

Their social media is full of people that want to buy, but can't. That should be a major indicator for them. A simple announcement on the timelines on that same social media would cool down a lot of the folks, too. I wouldn't be shocked if some did chargebacks already.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Attachment Attached File

Guess what came!

Unfortunately, right after this I discovered that the ETS mags were locking back the slide on every shot. I'll troubleshoot that today.

I shot about 150 rounds. It's awesome. It's not quite perfect, and I think there's a little room for improvement, but I'm glad I got it. There are some things that are brilliant, like the storage location for the Allen wrench. Other things are not great, like hitting the thumb safety before the stock is deployed (read: nigh on impossible).

My takedown lever is insanely tight, but it's in there.

This absolutely fills a great niche. I'd love to see this issued to troops because, well...we suck at pistol training. Like TERRIBLY suck. This can turn a mediocre pistol shooter into someone that can employ it effectively.

Holster is coming later, they are still waiting on some parts. I've got a threaded barrel on backorder. I don't know if my Osprey will fit without an extended piston. I do think it will fit upside down though.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 2:25:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356105/98C4A223-02C3-4143-BA8E-43C32604E7E8_jpe-1367108.JPG

Guess what came!

Unfortunately, right after this I discovered that the ETS mags were locking back the slide on every shot. I'll troubleshoot that today.

I shot about 150 rounds. It's awesome. It's not quite perfect, and I think there's a little room for improvement, but I'm glad I got it. There are some things that are brilliant, like the storage location for the Allen wrench. Other things are not great, like hitting the thumb safety before the stock is deployed (read: nigh on impossible).

My takedown lever is insanely tight, but it's in there.

This absolutely fills a great niche. I'd love to see this issued to troops because, well...we suck at pistol training. Like TERRIBLY suck. This can turn a mediocre pistol shooter into someone that can employ it effectively.

Holster is coming later, they are still waiting on some parts. I've got a threaded barrel on backorder. I don't know if my Osprey will fit without an extended piston. I do think it will fit upside down though.
View Quote

Oh man congrats, that looks awesome and thank you for posting pics!

You know I check this thread pretty much daily and my level of enthusiasm is pretty damn low at the moment since it's been so long since anything that resembles an update.

Did you get a heads up email indicating it had shipped out or did it just show up at your door?

Very jellyu!
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Sweet! they exist! What was your order number? 101XX is a pretty big range
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#35]
10181.  I had actually done a lot of emailing with Alex (who has been fantastic, btw), regarding timelines.  Just like I told him, I really don't care if you tell me it's going to be 6 months from now, I'll put money down.  But dammit, if six months is up, I practically want hourly updates.

I hope so bad that these guys can get more money flowing into their product for R&D and mass production.  Getting a few more models out, as well as developing their own receivers for non-chassis guns would be AWESOME.  And yes, I know I've already complained about the Instatards who want them for their <insert obscure gun with no mass acceptance here>.  But one for a Glock, M&P, and whatever other very popular pistols are out there would give a lot of awesome options for sales.

I really wanted a USW when it came out.  This has certainly scratched that itch, and well.  In some ways, it's a superior system, like the deploying of the stock and the extra mag carriage.  This is a great option for SROs, military personnel only assigned a pistol, or those with a need for something just a *little* more than a handgun.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 12:33:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
10181.  I had actually done a lot of emailing with Alex (who has been fantastic, btw), regarding timelines.  Just like I told him, I really don't care if you tell me it's going to be 6 months from now, I'll put money down.  But dammit, if six months is up, I practically want hourly updates.
View Quote

This is what I don’t quite understand. I am 10145 but haven’t received mine yet.

I’m glad to see you’ve got yours though as well as  another one out in the wild though! They sure look really good!
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 4:32:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356105/98C4A223-02C3-4143-BA8E-43C32604E7E8_jpe-1367108.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

ETS mags suck, troubleshooting done.

Quoted:

This is what I don’t quite understand. I am 10145 but haven’t received mine yet.

It's pretty easy to understand, they fulfilled an order placed after yours because someone was annoying them more than you were. Happens in business all the time.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

ETS mags suck, troubleshooting done.

It's pretty easy to understand, they fulfilled an order placed after yours because someone was annoying them more than you were. Happens in business all the time.
View Quote
They worked fine with my 320 in stock form. I think I know where the issue lies, and it's just a touch of filing.

Second part is very possible, though I feel bad about it. Like I said before, once the timeline is up without an update, I gots to know.

Their CS is great in person via email, but a simple post on social media saying "our parts have returned from nitriding" goes a long way to alleviate fears. I did not ask for my order to be rushed, but I did express my concerns that I may move before it is shipped, but I let them know I have 60 days until then. I'm hoping it doesn't take you guys 60 more days to get yours.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 10:47:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Well, it doesn't look like the ETS mags will work without modification. I'm guessing a tolerance stacking issue. At first I just thought the slide lock tab that hits the follower was rubbing against the front of the  notch. It was, and after relieving the notch, it almost worked, but the sides of the mag are rubbing against the slide lock lever on the inside. They're just too wide.

Looks like I'll need more metal 21 rounders.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 11:41:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 12:14:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Thanks guys! I was debating about @ing you, you're quite responsive on the forum.

I will contact Customer Service. I'd love to test out a slimmer mag. I did run these mags full of Winchester Forged steel case in the M17. No problems at all.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 12:02:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Flux has an Instagram post up with a bunch of MP17s ready to ship.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 8:31:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Just got my shipping notice. 10213.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 1:45:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just got my shipping notice. 10213.
View Quote

Ditto

Can't wait!
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:11:53 AM EDT
[#45]
I didn't get the holster with mine, they said they were still waiting on some metal reinforcement parts for it.

You guys will love this thing. It is super easy to go through A LOT of rounds in a single session. I can't wait until my threaded barrel gets here.

FYI, my takedown lever was insanely tight, but it has gotten easier with cycles.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#46]
what did you got with for a threaded barrel, and where did you find it? Im finding them strangely out of stock everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
what did you got with for a threaded barrel, and where did you find it? Im finding them strangely out of stock everywhere.
View Quote
Back ordered a SiCo from Brownells. It hasn't shipped yet.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#48]
I've been fallowing this thread since before I joined up.

Still very much on the fence about getting one of these things. My main concern is buying one, waiting forever to get it, there being minor issues with them, then next year they roll out an improved/upgraded version for the same price and I feel like I got jipped.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I've been fallowing this thread since before I joined up.

Still very much on the fence about getting one of these things. My main concern is buying one, waiting forever to get it, there being minor issues with them, then next year they roll out an improved/upgraded version for the same price and I feel like I got jipped.
View Quote

I would just jump on the train. Its cool and will continue to be into the future
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 10:44:10 PM EDT
[#50]
I got mine but a couple questions.

Anyone know which bag of screws I should use for a Romeo 1?

Also, my ETS mag won't seat. There is an abstraction in the magwell. . . I think it may be a piece of plastic.

The mags which came with the Sig 320 seem to work.

EDIT: Got the red dot on!
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top