Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2017 3:57:00 AM EDT
Hey guys,
I´m in the market for an optic ready pistol.

The P320RX is one of the last two in that race.

But by cruising through the internet, I´ve found some stuff about malfunctions of the 320 (by that, I don´t mean the drop-safety-issue)
I´ve found failures to feed, stovepipes and ignition issues.

https://www.google.de/search?q=p320+malfunction&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=huS4WfRk5IJf-PqAuAE

Could you please tell me about that?
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 4:14:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Your title... fix yer fuckin spellin.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 4:22:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanx for your warm and kind words, sir.
And please excuse my rude behaviour, I´ve changed the e against an i.

Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#3]
It sounds like this is for sport?

In that case accuracy above all else?

I went back to Glock even though it's less accurate. The P320 was already anoying me with the high bore axis, making recoil snappy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:57:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes sir, for sport, IPSC and Steel Challenge.

Thanks for your response.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes sir, for sport, IPSC and Steel Challenge.

Thanks for your response.
View Quote
Cool , Where I live 1911 9mm is king of sport.

Best trigger in the world (not an expression, literally the best trigger)

Plus tight tolerances and steel or aluminum frame means accuracy.

Downside of course is 1911 requires expert maintainance and is not ultra reliable (it's OK)
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#6]
OP, I've had a 320 full size for about a year. I use it mostly for USPSA and Steel Challenge matches. I've used variety of factory 115 GR FMJ ammo and the only malfunction that I've had was during a match, it failed to extract a fired round. I had to sling shot the slide a couple of times until it caught the case rim and could extract it.
I've also taken some training classes, where I had to use some frangible stuff, with no failures of any kind.

FWIW, I doubt I'm going to send this pistol into SIG for the update.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:29:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a 320 compact that was pulling duty as a CCW until the drop/bang issue showed it's ugly head.

In the time I have had it, it has been utterly reliable. I have a few thousand rounds through it, mostly 115gr FMJ, but also a good amount of 124gr and 147gr JHPs. I have not experienced a single functional issue in that time. No stovepipes, failures to feed, ignition issues, etc. Boringly reliable and accurate.

That said, for sport, especially if you are looking to be competitive, as one of the other posters pointed out, the 1911 set up for sport is what is king, however I think properly set up, you could to reasonably well with a 320. Maybe not on the podium top spots against pro shooters but certainly good enough for having fun.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#8]
In the military trials, the P320 was found to be at least as reliable as it's main competitor, the glock.  Military arms channel did a 1,000 round torture test in only 12 minutes of firing, and it functioned flawlessly.  It fared much better than the comparable 1,000 round test that Yager did with his glock.

From my experience firing both side by side, the P320 recoils a lot less than the glock and is a lot less snappy.  It is also a LOT more accurate, easier to shoot, and has much better egros and features.  The gen 5 is just starting to touch some of the features that the P320 already has standard, but it still falls short of many of them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Plus the new p320's have a worse trigger than the drop-boom ones
View Quote
Have you shot the P320 with the new trigger set up?  I haven't seen one in production yet.  I'm waiting on 650 to be delivered.

OP the issues with extraction you are probably reading about were addressed with an update in 2015 by making the extractor spring pin longer.  There have also been a few changes in full size 9mm mags.  David
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Have you shot the P320 with the new trigger set up?  I haven't seen one in production yet.  I'm waiting on 650 to be delivered.

OP the issues with extraction you are probably reading about were addressed with an update in 2015 by making the extractor spring pin longer.  There have also been a few changes in full size 9mm mags.  David
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well the one I fired had been back to sig for retrofitting, but it wasn't mine so I don't honestly know what they did to it.

But the trigger wasn't great anymore lol

But it was still more accurate than my Glock, I have to admit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hey guys,
I´m in the market for an optic ready pistol.

The P320RX is one of the last two in that race.

But by cruising through the internet, I´ve found some stuff about malfunctions of the 320 (by that, I don´t mean the drop-safety-issue)
I´ve found failures to feed, stovepipes and ignition issues.

https://www.google.de/search?q=p320+malfunction&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=huS4WfRk5IJf-PqAuAE

Could you please tell me about that?
View Quote

I have been running one since May time frame and cannot remember having a single stoppage with it. Amazingly accurate for an out of the box gun. It has been flawless, Romeo 1 as well.
I have no idea what people are talking about when they say it is "snappy" because of a High bore axis. That's BS IMHO, this thing is a pussy cat to shoot, very low felt recoil.

cp
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for your responses!

You are turning me more to the SIG-way.

As weapon possesion is restricted in Germany, you have to look for weapons which fit more than one discipline, if you want to compete in more than one so.

I hope the Optic Ready Division will come into IPSC, so I can shoot that, PD, SC and a bit precision too.
I know, that this won´t work well, but there is no one-for-all and the RX seems to be one of the best compromises.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I have an RX and three others.  4 calibers.  All have been flawless with reloads and factory defense loads.  Flawless. 
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Mine has not had a single malf.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Mine have been utterly reliable, and quite easy to shoot.  I do have the later version extractor setup though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:19:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well the one I fired had been back to sig for retrofitting, but it wasn't mine so I don't honestly know what they did to it.

But the trigger wasn't great anymore lol

But it was still more accurate than my Glock, I have to admit.
View Quote
To the best of my knowledge, no one has even gotten an email to return for the upgrade. So I seriously doubt you shot the upgrade.  

As for the OP, I believe there's roughly a half million P320s out there. If there were widespread problems, you'd know about it. And it probably wouldn't have won the MHS, or be the next likely ICE sidearm. That's not to say the pistol is perfect and that bad ones aren't made.

Still, if a P320 is what you want, it may behoove you to wait until the upgraded version is available. Which may be months away.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Without knowing what you do for a living - i dont want to say you're lying - BUT - not even the major media brands in the industry have had a chance to really shoot the "upgraded" triggers.
The one dude on IG that posted some bullshit like that was called out and posted that SIG rep contacted him and told him it was NOT the trigger that people will be getting after sending their P320 in. 
So if you're going to state something like this - can you please provide either context or proof? 
if this is hear-say, then it's misleading it best. 
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Seriously?
You cannot possibly know this yet. Sorry I have to call it.

Stop Trolling!
cp
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Had my 9mm Carry for about a year now.  Haven't run a huge number of rounds through it but its been completely reliable and amazingly accurate.  Scary accurate for a polymer striker gun.  Trigger is the original and it's very nice.  Very very nice.  It's going to take a lot of persuasion for me to change it.  The drop thing is way down my list of concerns.  

Finally found a small module for it.  Much better, at least for my girly hands.  So far I'm perfectly happy with mine.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 1:28:59 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a 320 RX compact.  I've had one failure to extract at a little over a thousand rounds.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#21]
A friend shoots in USPSA with an 320 Xfive that has been modified slightly. He dropped in a tungsten recoil spring guide rod and an appropriate weight 1911 recoil spring. He says the pistol settles perfectly back on target after each shot.

I have a guide rod on order and will be trying it in my 320C RX.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 2:24:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have been running one since May time frame and cannot remember having a single stoppage with it. Amazingly accurate for an out of the box gun. It has been flawless, Romeo 1 as well.
I have no idea what people are talking about when they say it is "snappy" because of a High bore axis. That's BS IMHO, this thing is a pussy cat to shoot, very low felt recoil.
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/7655/T1uyNB.jpg
cp
View Quote
Agree, compared to my Glock the P320 shoots softer.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It sounds like this is for sport?

In that case accuracy above all else?

I went back to Glock even though it's less accurate. The P320 was already anoying me with the high bore axis, making recoil snappy.

View Quote
@RealFitness86 I would love to see some proof of the new trigger not being as good, because as far as we all know Sig hasn't even begun accepting pistols to upgrade yet.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

@RealFitness86 I would love to see some proof of the new trigger not being as good, because as far as we all know Sig hasn't even begun accepting pistols to upgrade yet.
View Quote
His post is fake news. 
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#27]
My P320 has been flawless save for one blown brass that blew out the extractor.  In all fairness, the very same batch of 147gr factory ammo (good factory SD ammo too) blew in my Shield which survived the incident.

The pistol is far more accurate than any of my other factory pistols save the Elite II which I would put it head-to-head.

I have absolutely no qualms about carrying mine even now pre-drop fix.

I really want an X frame for it with the higher undercut trigger guard!  That is my only bitch about the pistol is it chews up my middle finger knuckle with my extremely high grip.  I can't grind or reshape without running afoul of IDPA and IPSC rules.

The whole high bore axis is so overblown.  This thing is like a pussycat to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:04:44 AM EDT
[#28]
I think I found what's going on here... This may very well have been a different mod that sig did although I have no idea.

Firstly I am no sig expert and only know what I saw (which may very well not be the norm)...

That said, my besty sent his P320 back to sig.... And when it came back the trigger was a tad worse....

I don't know how, I don't know why and please take what I say with a grain of salt.

https://www.sigsauer.com/press-releases/sig-sauer-issues-voluntary-upgrade-p320-pistol/

.... Just wanted to share a datapoint, Ignore this Glock-tard's cluelessness
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#29]
I have four, the RX purchased used, others new.  They have been 100% flawless with both reloads and HST rounds.  I tested all of them extensively and carry the compact 9mm daily.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
<snip>.

View Quote
CNN reporting right there. 

I spoke with Sig on the phone yesterday.  They anticipate starting the recall process (voluntary upgrade) next month.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#31]
My P320c in 357 Sig has been absolutely flawless with over 2000 rounds.

Quickly became my favorite pistol.

No clue what people are whining about with the high bore axis crap. My gen 4 G32 is much more snappy than my P320.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#32]
It's probably ok. But if I was in the market for a new 9mm it would be a M&P 9 2.0, or M&P 9 2.0 Compact. 
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#33]
A few of my friends shoot 320X5s, 320RX, and regular 320s in the various games we do (IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge, 3Gun), and I don't recall any problems that could be attributed to the gun.

One of those friends took a class at the Sig Academy, and the instructor had something like 120,000 rounds on his P320? And only took it apart at 70k to clean it and replace the barrel, and once again at 100k+ to replace something that broke in the trigger pack.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#34]
I have several thousand trouble free rounds though my P320's, highly recommend them

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#36]
I have both a sig compact p320 9mm and a glock gen5 19. I hope i don't have to part with either one but i would give up the glock before the sig. I don't plan on sending in my sig. In my case, the sig is more accurate than the glock. Both are top notch. The sig has a smoother trigger pull as well. Both digest anything with no ftf or fte so far.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top