Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2017 3:37:52 PM EDT
Just wanted to put out a PSA for those that may not know as I couldn't find anything from a forum search but Sig is selling P226 RX and P229 RX conversion kits in 9mm (and 9mm only currently).

I recently picked up a used PD trade P226 .40 and was after a 9mm kit when I found a post on SigTalk about the RX kits and figure I would post it here in case anyone else was in the same boat or just wanted another 9mm slide with the Romeo 1 already attached.

From everything I read and the guy I talked to on the phone yesterday at the Sig Academy Pro Shop confirmed it, you get a complete 9mm slide with barrel, recoil spring, the Romeo 1 and suppressor height (not sure if NS or Contrast, forgot to ask) so you can just put the kit on and be GTG. I was charged $481.20 with shipping for the kit so its not that much more than a 9mm conversion kit without the optic.

Further down the page is a review and some cell phone pics of the RX slide kit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Where? I can't find it on the SIG website, and I'd love one for my Legion SAO
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where? I can't find it on the SIG website, and I'd love one for my Legion SAO
View Quote
It's not on Sig's store website yet, you have to call the Pro Shop at 603-610-3456 in order to get an order placed. They're open 8AM to 7PM I think it was, it took me 4 times of calling before I finally got someone on the phone.

CALX-226-9-B-RX CALIBER X-CHANGE KIT, 226, 9, RX. BLK     Is the product number and description listed on the forum post I found talking about this kit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Will the optic cut fit other optics? Or is it just for the Romeo 1? Will it also come with other mounting plates, or are other mounting plates available?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Will the optic cut fit other optics? Or is it just for the Romeo 1? Will it also come with other mounting plates, or are other mounting plates available?
View Quote
I'll admit I've never owned one before but from every forum post I've read and video I've ever watched the slide cut ONLY fits the Romeo 1 and doesn't include any mounting plates for other optics. Nor are mounting plates for other optics available from Sig.

There might be someone that makes aftermarket adapter plates but if they do I've yet to find any. Closest thing I've seen to those are the plates that fit in the rear sight dovetail not the slide cutout for the optic.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'll admit I've never owned one before but from every forum post I've read and video I've ever watched the slide cut ONLY fits the Romeo 1 and doesn't include any mounting plates for other optics. Nor are mounting plates for other optics available from Sig.

There might be someone that makes aftermarket adapter plates but if they do I've yet to find any. Closest thing I've seen to those are the plates that fit in the rear sight dovetail not the slide cutout for the optic.
View Quote
That's kind of what I was thinking as well, but didn't know if someone was lucky enough to pick one up yet and actually see for themselves.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Very interested in this.

In retrospect, I wish I waited before buying a 9mm Elite caliber exchange kit now.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Just got the call that my slide kit is going to ship out to me today. Should get here early next week.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Wish I saw the first post. I bought a extra slide and parts to send if to be milled for a rmr and so far it's cost more than that
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 7:26:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry it took awhile to update, had a busy weekend. The slide came in on Friday and I didn't have time to mess with it really until Sunday.

It came with a manual for the Romeo 1, a generic SIG P-series manual, battery still in packaging, a cloth for cleaning the glass, a hex wrench, a tool with 2 ends (one for the slot in the battery cap and one for the sight adjustments), 1 9mm 15 round magazine and the slide kit. Previously unknown to me sometime between when my P226 was made and now they used a different slide lock and the mag that came with this has a different follower than my old 40 mags. The mag works fine aside from not locking the slide back when empty, so I'll just end up buying one of the new style slide locks eventually. The 20 round Mec-Gar's I got work fine and lock back though so not a huge deal.

FWIW this is my first pistol with a red dot, and I was using this kit as a cheap way to try them out to see if it was something I'd like. I gotta say I am absolutely hooked, I really regret not getting into these sooner. Contrary to what some experience I had no problems finding the dot on the draw or keeping up with it between recoil. I actually did way better with tracking the dot than I ever could with irons although I'll admit my eyesight isn't the greatest. Adding to that, as with all RDS the dot was a bit starburst but I get that with all of them no matter the brand and it wasn't a problem for accuracy.

The Romeo 1 has 9 brightness levels, and came with the plain contrast 3 dot tall sights. The irons seemed to be zeroed correctly from the factory but the Romeo 1 wasn't even close. Vertically it was about 10 clicks low, and horizontal was about feet 5 off at 10 feet, it took alot of clicks to get it zeroed there. I did an initial zero without shooting using the irons and it was almost spot on when I finally got to shoot it.

I only put about 250 rounds though it, but didn't experience any problems with it. The lens stayed clean even shooting filthy Wolf 9mm steel case and the sight never shut off during recoil. I let my 11B vet friend and his father shoot it and we all loved it compared to regular irons. He was really impressed and is talking about buying some RDS ready pistols now that he's had a chance to see/shoot one in person. All in all I'm very happy and short of something going wrong down the road have no regrets. If you are like me and want to try a RDS pistol without spending 800 or more just for a sight and machine work/refinishing I'd highly recommend trying a RX model Sig.

Here is a few crappy cell phone pics if anyone is interested. If you have any questions I'll be glad to try and answer them.

Link Posted: 12/19/2017 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I was at a new indoor range the other day. They had one to rent, so I grabbed it to try it out. It took some getting used to, and still will, but I like it, and will more than likely be picking one up. The trigger sucked and I'll be upgrading to the SRT as well as new grips.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sorry it took awhile to update, had a busy weekend. The slide came in on Friday and I didn't have time to mess with it really until Sunday.

It came with a manual for the Romeo 1, a generic SIG P-series manual, battery still in packaging, a cloth for cleaning the glass, a hex wrench, a tool with 2 ends (one for the slot in the battery cap and one for the sight adjustments), 1 9mm 15 round magazine and the slide kit. Previously unknown to me sometime between when my P226 was made and now they used a different slide lock and the mag that came with this has a different follower than my old 40 mags. The mag works fine aside from not locking the slide back when empty, so I'll just end up buying one of the new style slide locks eventually. The 20 round Mec-Gar's I got work fine and lock back though so not a huge deal.

FWIW this is my first pistol with a red dot, and I was using this kit as a cheap way to try them out to see if it was something I'd like. I gotta say I am absolutely hooked, I really regret not getting into these sooner. Contrary to what some experience I had no problems finding the dot on the draw or keeping up with it between recoil. I actually did way better with tracking the dot than I ever could with irons although I'll admit my eyesight isn't the greatest. Adding to that, as with all RDS the dot was a bit starburst but I get that with all of them no matter the brand and it wasn't a problem for accuracy.

The Romeo 1 has 9 brightness levels, and came with the plain contrast 3 dot tall sights. The irons seemed to be zeroed correctly from the factory but the Romeo 1 wasn't even close. Vertically it was about 10 clicks low, and horizontal was about feet 5 off at 10 feet, it took alot of clicks to get it zeroed there. I did an initial zero without shooting using the irons and it was almost spot on when I finally got to shoot it.

I only put about 250 rounds though it, but didn't experience any problems with it. The lens stayed clean even shooting filthy Wolf 9mm steel case and the sight never shut off during recoil. I let my 11B vet friend and his father shoot it and we all loved it compared to regular irons. He was really impressed and is talking about buying some RDS ready pistols now that he's had a chance to see/shoot one in person. All in all I'm very happy and short of something going wrong down the road have no regrets. If you are like me and want to try a RDS pistol without spending 800 or more just for a sight and machine work/refinishing I'd highly recommend trying a RX model Sig.

Here is a few crappy cell phone pics if anyone is interested. If you have any questions I'll be glad to try and answer them.
https://i.imgur.com/MUUtluH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zpz5Gof.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/XuYXVRB.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/WbTR2Zr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/yyJgKXB.jpg
View Quote
Did you have to do any fitting for the barrel and slide. What’s stopped me from getting an trade in .40 and converting it to 9mm is that I read you had to do some fitting.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Did you have to do any fitting for the barrel and slide. What’s stopped me from getting an trade in .40 and converting it to 9mm is that I read you had to do some fitting.
View Quote
Sorry kinda forgot about this thread until today when I had the change the battery in my Romeo 1 and remembered it had been awhile since I checked this. FWIW I've gotten about 4 months out of the battery my RX Kit came with. I don't carry this gun it mostly sits on my night stand and gets taken out and shot when I get a chance. I left my sight on 24/7 and never turned it off. I checked the voltage on the old battery and it was under 1.5V and the new one was alittle over 3V, and it wouldn't even turn on with the old battery so it was completely dead far as the R1 was concerned.

Not sure if you found your own answer by now or not, but I had to do exactly 0 filing/fitting/sanding to my P226 to make it work with the RX slide. All I did was open the RX kit box, put that 9mm RX slide on my PD trade in .40 frame and I was good to go. The only problem I've had with the kit was the new Sig 9mm mag it came with has a different follower than what my slide stop is designed to work with as mine is an older gun with a different slide stop compared to the new guns.

It fires fine with that mag just doesn't lock the slide back when empty. I really didn't care much as I ordered some 9mm Mec-Gars when I found out my slide shipped so I just use those instead and keep the Sig mag as a range only mag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top