Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2017 11:34:23 PM EDT
Say one in my lgs and kind of liked it. Sig rep who was there was saying it is a combo of all the best. Didn't have time to ask him but wondering why it is cheaper than the rest. Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:16:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I picked one up and haven't found the reason. Works great. I like the hogue grips, the sights, and extended mag. It's been s lot of fun. I did read on this forum awhile back that it isn't a official model with them but a temp run to test out how features are received. Who know the validity or truth to that, but I can tell you it works well.

Edit: it was on a different forum but this is a quote of that post, again not sure on the validity.
"The P938 sport is a "Special Configuration" for lack of a better term. It is from the Sig Custom Shop. They do this every now and then. They will take options from several guns and make a new creation. It is usually a test bed for another model they are thinking of making. Its a low production number and you end out getting the best features from three other guns. These guns are not advertised and no internal price is set so that is why you are getting them at a good price."
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, special "test configurations" is what I've heard. 

I've got a 238 Sports, and recently added a 938 Sports when I finally saw them available again. I also have a regular 938 Combat and a 238 Desert.

My 938 Combat and 238 Desert both have slightly tighter slide to frame fit than the Sports, which almost makes me wonder if the Sports are built using slightly out of spec parts. Either way, both of my Sports function great, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. 
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top