User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:56:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very interesting: http://soldiersystems.net/2017/10/12/dhs-selects-sig-sauer-p320/

X-carry frame with regular slide and trigger?
View Quote
Interesting indeed!   They need to start shipping those grips.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 6:26:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Any ICE agents following this thread that might have an update?
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 6:47:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Still nothing around this place...  Remember, this is the government and we don't even have a budget.

ETA: There's a strong possibility that CBP is going to jump on the P320 bandwagon.  Nothing confirmed as there are a handful of guns being tested currently, but the ICE gun is a favorite from the scuttlebutt I've been hearing.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 7:18:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Still nothing around this place...  Remember, this is the government and we don't even have a budget.

ETA: There's a strong possibility that CBP is going to jump on the P320 bandwagon.  Nothing confirmed as there are a handful of guns being tested currently, but the ICE gun is a favorite from the scuttlebutt I've been hearing.
View Quote
CBP was looking at piggybacking off the ICE contract. But that doesn't appear to be the case any longer. CBP will likely solicit and test its own handgun. This program is in early stages and nothing is being actually tested as of yet as far as I know.

Now it could be that P320 will be CBP's choice in the end but on its own merit and not through anything ICE has done.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 8:03:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
CBP was looking at piggybacking off the ICE contract. But that doesn't appear to be the case any longer. CBP will likely solicit and test its own handgun. This program is in early stages and nothing is being actually tested as of yet as far as I know.

Now it could be that P320 will be CBP's choice in the end but on its own merit and not through anything ICE has done.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CBP hasn't selected anything.  The only thing we've done so far is confirm we're switching back to 9mm.   What I think will continue to happen is CBP use ICE's ammo contract still just make the switch from .40 to 9mm in whatever contract mod they do next
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 8:05:05 AM EDT
[#6]
In fact, I still haven't seen a signed contract from ICE saying they are even switching
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 11:25:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
CBP is will be testing a handful of guns from a few different manufacturers.  RUMINT says "they" are leaning towards the very same X-carry that ICE chose.  This is from a -15 at HQ and a few different people (OFO and BP) at ATC.  The new gun should be chosen by next year.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Any word on contract award yet?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:05:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Any word on contract award yet?
View Quote
Nothing new as far as I know.  I don't even know if they've officially started testing yet.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top