Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2017 1:54:15 PM EDT
So I've owned a Sig 1911 and a p226 in the past but all for a very short time.

I wanted another suppressor host and everyone raves about the P226

I bought one in .40 after being assured a silencerco threaded 9mm barrel will drop in and function (inbound from brownells).

Do I need a 9mm spring? Buy from Wolff Springs?

Where do I get cheap mags, both in .40 and 9mm?

They listed it as German made, anything specific I should know? They also claim the night sights look good.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:31:57 PM EDT
[#1]
No, you don't need springs to swap to 9mm, but the wolf springs are pretty awesome, I have them in my 228.

Your .40mags will work for 9mm, but picking up extra mags is always a good idea. Mex Gar makes the factory mags and are usually about $5-10 cheaper, but I've found you need to look around to see who has the best deals and when.   If you have a source for used Beretta 92 mags, they can be modified to work.

The factory Sig night sights are really bright, but you will most likely need a set of taller suppressor sights, if so, look at the numbers on your factory sights (after making sure it shoots where you want with your 9mm barrel) and order the tall sights using those numbers.

Sig sights are numbered so you can tune the height of the front and rear to match your preferred target picture.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Greg Cote LLC often times has good prices on Mecgar sig mags.  I use a lot of the 20's, really like them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, you don't need springs to swap to 9mm, but the wolf springs are pretty awesome, I have them in my 228.

Your .40mags will work for 9mm, but picking up extra mags is always a good idea. Mex Gar makes the factory mags and are usually about $5-10 cheaper, but I've found you need to look around to see who has the best deals and when.   If you have a source for used Beretta 92 mags, they can be modified to work.

The factory Sig night sights are really bright, but you will most likely need a set of taller suppressor sights, if so, look at the numbers on your factory sights (after making sure it shoots where you want with your 9mm barrel) and order the tall sights using those numbers.

Sig sights are numbered so you can tune the height of the front and rear to match your preferred target picture.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks.
I usually skip suppressor sights, shoot through the can

Quoted:
Greg Cote LLC often times has good prices on Mecgar sig mags.  I use a lot of the 20's, really like them.

Thanks
I used to buy CZ mags from him
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Still trying to wrap my head around "owned p226 and 1911...but only for a short time"?   You NEVER get rid of SIG's...just acquire more!

And yeah, as said above, Mec Gar is what you want.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Still trying to wrap my head around "owned p226 and 1911...but only for a short time"?   You NEVER get rid of SIG's...just acquire more!

And yeah, as said above, Mec Gar is what you want.
View Quote

Lol
Hopefully this is here to stay
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#6]
You'll be very happy, love my P226 w/TiRant, I found the suppressor heigh sights helped a lot. CDNN usually has good prices on magazines.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Nothing to add but Congrats.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nothing to add but Congrats.
View Quote

Thanks

Gun should be here tomorrow, barrel probably friday
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Can someone verify the 9mm and .40 spring weight I should look for?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Can someone verify the 9mm and .40 spring weight I should look for?
View Quote

You want the Orange spring, I do not know the weight on the 9mm vs 40 but you can buy a 3 pack of oem Sig springs for around $20.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top