Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2002 12:08:14 AM EDT
I was out shooting my M1911 and my Sig P220 .45's and noticed that my Sig was not shooting anywhere near where it should have been.  I was using 230gr cast lead round nose bullets that my M1911 was shooting just fine.  At about 50 yards I was able to hit a 6" gong every time with the 1911 vs all over the place with my Sig.  Is this typical?  Does my Sig just not like this particular load??  I havent shot the Sig alot so it may just be me but I'm just not sure if they're a lead load plinker or not.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 3:48:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:19:30 AM EDT
[#2]
lead's fine but a royal Bi**h to clean. The barrel difference and the difference in the trigger pull between the two might be your biggest difference. The SiG 220 was designed as a defensive weapon and 50 yards is getting out there for any pistol with a short barrel.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I shoot 230gr Lead with bullseye all of the time out of my Sig 220 and never had any problems----just the cleaning part----just don't use a lead that is too soft and you'll be ok.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 10:47:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
lead's fine but a royal Bi**h to clean. The barrel difference and the difference in the trigger pull between the two might be your biggest difference. The SiG 220 was designed as a defensive weapon and 50 yards is getting out there for any pistol with a short barrel.

Shot the SIG220ST & Kimber UTII today at 50yds (yes, 50 yards, not feet)...at steel...both resulted in multiple pings 95% of the time.

Have I mentioned I really like the SIG220ST?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top