Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2003 11:36:28 PM EDT
I would like to put some night sights for my Glock 30.  Which ones do you recomend?  Can I change them myself?  What tool would I use to change them?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 12:25:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Trijicon
Novak
Hienie

My favorite choices.

You'll most likely need the tool that will allow you to tighten the nut that comes on most aftermarket front night sights for the Glock.  A mallet and brass punch could get you in business with the rear sight.  Depends on how adventurous you're feeling.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 12:27:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm feeling pretty adventerous since talking to Glock customer service and the rep couldn't get me a confident answer on average turn around time.  Do you have a link with pics that show the process?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Installing sights are not difficult at all. You can get the front sight tool from brownells for $12 and the rear is installed will a wooden block or dowel pin and a hammer. You'll need a vice and some thin sheets of wood also. Just sandwich the rear sight so the vice does not mar it, and the wood block to tap the sight in replaces a sight drifter or nylon punch.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#5]
The AO sights are fine and very quick out to 15 yards. Anything beyond that your accuracy will suffer. The front sight is just too big.

For night sights on a carry gun I like the Hienie strait 8's. For a home defense gun I like the Dawson Precision night sights.

Link Posted: 10/5/2003 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#7]
MMC makes a damned fine low profile adjustable Tritium set up.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
For night sights on a carry gun I like the Hienie strait 8's.

I'm assuming you've got first-hand knowledge of the Hieinies. How accurate are the Straight 8's compared to glock's stock, "ball-in-bucket?"

Are you running the "race-cut" version?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top