Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2002 11:14:38 AM EDT
I just picked up a G31C (a .357 sig with ported barrel). Having proudly owned a G17 (9mm) in the late 1980's and G22 (.40) in the mid 1990's I was looking forward to trying the .357sig.

Well, my problem is this. I've been shooting a Kimber Custom Stainless .45 for 6 mos. and fell in love with it. Easy to load, easy to shoot, accurate as any handgun I've ever owned. The G31C has more of a kick, is harder to load, and just ain't as pretty (if that matters). And what is the advantage in the .357 sig round over a .40?

I think the Glock is still an accurate and reliable weapon, but I fear my heart has been stolen by Kimber. Maybe y'all can say some good stuff about the Glock and talk me into not selling it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 9:03:14 AM EDT
Alledgedly, the 357Sig was supposed to duplicate the 357 magnum ballistically in a 125gr loading. Some say it did, some say otherwise. While you & I may feel the 45acp is the end all/be all of carry calibers, I wouldn't feel under protected with a 357 magnum. >gg< Keep the gun, IMO, try the generic ammo such as UMC & see if it helps in your shooting enjoyment. Also a ported barrel may be an alternative if you're not using the gun for carry. My .o2
Top Top