Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2003 6:54:29 PM EDT
Anyone have any ideas on this.  Shooting my (clean) Glock30 today and after about 50 rounds through it the slide started coming forward to lock after the last round was fired and ejected.  The mag failed to hold it back.  It did this 3 times with 2 different mags and then I quit shooting.  I fired about 80 rounds in all.  The ammo I was using was Armscor Precision 230 gr. fmj.  I dont use this much (plinking) but have before without trouble.  Nothing appears to be faulty on the pistol.  Any help would be great!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:37:32 AM EDT
[#1]
usually weak mag springs will do that, that's what i'd replace first, they are a cheapfix. my HK usp 45 was doing it and i replaced them with wolff 10%extra power mag springs. that fixed that. is the gun used or did you buy it new? if mag springs don't fix the problem, then you will have to replace the slide stop lever. wolff's web site is
www.gunsprings.com
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:33:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Was your thumb (or other finger) holding the slide stop down?  I had that problem when I picked up a Sig, just a thought.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:50:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you taken your mags apart and cleaned them? If so, is the spring inserted correctly in the mag...high end toward the front of mag / muzzle of gun?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:08:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Also check your slide release/lock for wear.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:30:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Great insight everyone...Thanks!  I think it must most likely be weak springs.  I've had the gun about a year and one of the mags is always loaded pretty much.  Everything else on the pistol looks mint and I keep it in great shape otherwise.  Keeping the finger on the slide stop lever is something I never thought about.  I could actually be dong that but I don't thinks so.  New springs are the place to start!  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#6]
This happened to me.  Not to beat a dead horse, but check your grip.  I was resting my left thumb on the release and guess what?  The slide did not lock back.  Of course we never let our guns run dry in IDPA, change the mag before its empty and the slide lock is not a concern...  
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:38:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Also check the condition of the follower in the front left corner... that small triangular piece of plastic is what enables the slide lock on last round.

Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:52:03 PM EDT
[#8]
From my experience with Glocks, if the magazine tab isn't broken off, the only other way I see it happens is when you limp wrist the shot.  I had the same problem with my Glock 22 until I changed my grip slightly to reduce the recoil through the wrist.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Tabs are still there.  And I thought a weak wristed stance could have been the problem also.  Thing is it only started recently but with both the mags that came with the pistol.  I shoot pretty consistently and hadn't seen that problem until now.  I am still in need of getting a new mag to see if that solves the issue.  Just been to busy to get to the gun shop!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:47:42 AM EDT
[#10]
For some reason, I get it much more now with my 26 than I do with my 22.  I'm almost certain it is not a problem with my guns.  I also tried different mags.  If it were a mag problem, it would only happen with that one.
Try having a friend, who is a shooter, shoot it and see if they have same problem.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm getting ready to go out shooting a bit and see what happens this time around.  It is just strange that it started happening recently and had never before!  I'll post the results!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top