Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2003 2:06:19 PM EDT
A friend of mine Just gave me a few Orange Pre-ban non drop free Glock 17 magazines.  I have never seen them before so I was wondering if any else had and how much they are worth.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I seem to remember Glock made them for GSSF events. They gave them away as prizes and sold them back before the ban. They are good for training, because the instructor could see if people had a mag in their gun easier.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:17:30 PM EDT
[#2]
You see them on Ebay (keyword search: Glock) from time to time.... they usually go anywhere from $60-$100 bucks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:04:56 PM EDT
[#3]
They are junk!

Send them to me for proper disposal, immediately!

Don't delay, the orange clashing with the rest of your gun can cause a self esteem issue.

Save yourself the emabarassment.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:25:55 AM EDT
[#4]
As I had a Friend and Glock Armoror explain it to me, those are LEO mags, and you shouldn't be caught with those outside of a competetion or official duties.

This is also the reason they are made out of orange plastic, and not just painted orange...so that you can't just remove the paint and have a HICap mag.  And the Orange is so that they can be easily spotted if ever carried/used by a civilian.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:16:29 AM EDT
[#5]
If they are post-ban hi-caps the color of the mags mean nothing, its the "for lawenforcement or goverment use" that they are marked with that has the meaning.

BKVic
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:25:56 AM EDT
[#6]
No offense DallmannTodd, but if that is representative of the "Glock knowledge" possessed by your Glock armorer, you might want to be hesitant to let him work on your guns anymore.  I really don't mean to insult your friend and he's probably a good guy, but stating that pre-ban orange Glock mags are LEO restricted is completely false.  The only LEO restricted mags are ones made post-9/94 and are stamped (by law) as LEO/Gov't use only or marked as being restricted in the USA.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:29:36 AM EDT
[#7]
The orange Glock mags were LE training mags. They were made of orange polymer so a range officer could determine at a glance if a pistol on the line had a mag in it or not once the people were directed to unload their pistols.

Training mags now have orange base plates only and the bodies are black as any other Glock mag.

They were NOT made for GSSF events or give away prizes. In fact, they came about because Glock employees in Smyrna located a quantity that they were unaware they had. They then sent the mags out with the GSSF staff to the matches and they SOLD them there. Going price was in the $50 to $60 range and it varied as to who you were and how tight you were with the GSSF staff!

The orange mags are NOT LE only mags. They are preban and legal unless restricted by local capacity laws.

As I had a Friend and Glock Armoror explain it to me, those are LEO mags, and you shouldn't be caught with those outside of a competetion or official duties.

Bullshit! He has his head stuck up where the sun doesn't get to too ofetn.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I think I will list them in the equipment exchange and see if any one wants to buy them?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top