Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 8:25:28 PM EDT
I am in the process of replacing the spring in my carry mags. I am thinking of using Wolf Springs. Has anyone had any malfunctions with them ? Do they work better than factory ones, or about the same ?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:33:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 3:48:05 AM EDT by unseenSNIPER]
I like sticking to factory.

Unless you're a very die hard competition shooter who loads their own ammo to their taste and uses the spring weight that corresponds well to it.

Ahh..talking about mag springs, not recoil springs. I still stand by factory, but the others will work, especially of you want +x% power springs.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:44:16 PM EDT
I've never had a problem with factory, stock springs.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:48:00 PM EDT
im still using stock glock mags with no upgrades

thousands and thousands of rounds
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:32:46 AM EDT
I think the stock springs have proven themselves time and time again. That said, I don't think you can wrong with Wolf or ISMI either.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:58:26 AM EDT
I have never had any trouble with factory spings
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:44:17 AM EDT
I bought a ten pack of Wolf Springs. They seam to work well. I hope I didn't waste my money.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:30:37 PM EDT
Puting almost any aftermarket part, other than Night Sights, on a glock is asking for trouble in my opinion. There's a lot of junk out there. The Butt Plugs and extended this and that.....

I've never heard of a mag spring problem with glocks. I'd sleep better with the OEM springs in my mags personally.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:24:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By demigod:
Puting almost any aftermarket part, other than Night Sights, on a glock is asking for trouble in my opinion. There's a lot of junk out there. The Butt Plugs and extended this and that.....

I've never heard of a mag spring problem with glocks. I'd sleep better with the OEM springs in my mags personally.

Glock did improve their magazine springs from a 10 coil to an 11 coil spring. I would agree completely with demigod on the aftermarket parts. Glocks work best with original factory parts.
Top Top