Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2006 4:31:02 PM EDT
My 1993 G21 returned from GLOCK today with a brand new Gen. III frame complete with updated internals.
My guess is that I am the 3rd owner of this pistol - all of the work was performed at no charge.

Glock has great customer service
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell yeah!  That's why I have at least 1 Glock.  The fact I live in GA helps tremendously also.  How much does it get easier than just dropping it off at Smyrna?

Quoted:
My 1993 G21 returned from GLOCK today with a brand new Gen. III frame complete with updated internals.
My guess is that I am the 3rd owner of this pistol - all of the work was performed at no charge.

Glock has great customer service

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#2]
woah, ok what was wrong with it originally that needed the warranty work. Did it fall under the recall/update grouping?

Did they ask you if you wanted gen 3 before they gave it to you?

"I ask because i want a Gen3 reciever but dont want to give up my gen2 and matching numbers" So will prob just buy another g19
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
woah, ok what was wrong with it originally that needed the warranty work. Did it fall under the recall/update grouping?

"I ask because i want a Gen3 reciever but dont want to give up my gen2 and matching numbers" So will prob just buy another g19

I didn't ask - I should have called Megan back and requested an OD frame..., but I didn't want to push it.

What was wrong?

None of the internals had been updated since new, but the big problem was that a previous owner had fired more than
a few HOT, non-factory loads. These HOT loads forced the slide way back - enough to bend the built-in stops backwards!

BTW, my new frame has a new number that does not match my barrel - it has 5 digits led by the letter G.

Needless to say - I'm a happy GLOCK customer!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#4]

I didn't ask - I should have called Megan back and requested an OD frame..., but I didn't want to push it.

Hmm they must have felt a new reciever was needed. I would hope they would ask before just switching it out. Not that its a problem if you wanted it heck thats a great deal. Mine is just my first handgun and id like to keep it as original as possible, Hense the willingness to buy another gun :) Then ill have gen2 and gen 3 only to find someone selling a gen1

Its great to hear they took care of you like that. I will have to call them tomorrow and see what rust corrosion repair they might do for me :)

I hear when they do warrantee work they go ahead and refinish slide too, did they do yours or was it in pretty good shape?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Its great to hear they took care of you like that. I will have to call them tomorrow and see what rust corrosion repair they might do for me :)

I hear when they do warrantee work they go ahead and refinish slide too, did they do yours or was it in pretty good shape?

The last time I checked in with Megan she told me I would most likely get a new frame.
No, they did not refinish my slide - it looks fine.

When you call in, ask for Megan in Tech Service. She is a sweetheart.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Man I wish I could say the same. I've been waiting to get my G22 back from the service dept for the last 12 weeks!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've been waiting to get my G22 back from the service dept for the last 12 weeks!

They had mine for 6 weeks - give them a call for an update.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top