Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/20/2006 4:31:02 PM EDT
My 1993 G21 returned from GLOCK today with a brand new Gen. III frame complete with updated internals.
My guess is that I am the 3rd owner of this pistol - all of the work was performed at no charge.

Glock has great customer service
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:48:23 PM EDT
Hell yeah! That's why I have at least 1 Glock. The fact I live in GA helps tremendously also. How much does it get easier than just dropping it off at Smyrna?

Originally Posted By H2O_MAN:
My 1993 G21 returned from GLOCK today with a brand new Gen. III frame complete with updated internals.
My guess is that I am the 3rd owner of this pistol - all of the work was performed at no charge.

Glock has great customer service

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:01:20 PM EDT
woah, ok what was wrong with it originally that needed the warranty work. Did it fall under the recall/update grouping?

Did they ask you if you wanted gen 3 before they gave it to you?

"I ask because i want a Gen3 reciever but dont want to give up my gen2 and matching numbers" So will prob just buy another g19
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:35:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CrotalusCo:
woah, ok what was wrong with it originally that needed the warranty work. Did it fall under the recall/update grouping?

"I ask because i want a Gen3 reciever but dont want to give up my gen2 and matching numbers" So will prob just buy another g19

I didn't ask - I should have called Megan back and requested an OD frame..., but I didn't want to push it.

What was wrong?

None of the internals had been updated since new, but the big problem was that a previous owner had fired more than
a few HOT, non-factory loads. These HOT loads forced the slide way back - enough to bend the built-in stops backwards!

BTW, my new frame has a new number that does not match my barrel - it has 5 digits led by the letter G.

Needless to say - I'm a happy GLOCK customer!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:02:42 PM EDT

I didn't ask - I should have called Megan back and requested an OD frame..., but I didn't want to push it.

Hmm they must have felt a new reciever was needed. I would hope they would ask before just switching it out. Not that its a problem if you wanted it heck thats a great deal. Mine is just my first handgun and id like to keep it as original as possible, Hense the willingness to buy another gun :) Then ill have gen2 and gen 3 only to find someone selling a gen1

Its great to hear they took care of you like that. I will have to call them tomorrow and see what rust corrosion repair they might do for me :)

I hear when they do warrantee work they go ahead and refinish slide too, did they do yours or was it in pretty good shape?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:11:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CrotalusCo:
Its great to hear they took care of you like that. I will have to call them tomorrow and see what rust corrosion repair they might do for me :)

I hear when they do warrantee work they go ahead and refinish slide too, did they do yours or was it in pretty good shape?

The last time I checked in with Megan she told me I would most likely get a new frame.
No, they did not refinish my slide - it looks fine.

When you call in, ask for Megan in Tech Service. She is a sweetheart.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:48:57 PM EDT
Man I wish I could say the same. I've been waiting to get my G22 back from the service dept for the last 12 weeks!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:16:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tac45:
I've been waiting to get my G22 back from the service dept for the last 12 weeks!

They had mine for 6 weeks - give them a call for an update.
Top Top