Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 11:25:54 AM EDT
I picked up an Glock exteneded slide release for my new G17and was wondering if it matters which side the pin gets removed from..(left to right or right to left).  

I tried both ways but the pin does NOT come out easily and don't want to hit it to hard the wrong way.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#1]
First remove all HAMMERS  and ammo from the area!

Get a roll of tape to lay the receiver(frame) on. Next push out the locking block pin FIRST(smaller pin above the trigger).  Now lift the slide stop lever up silghtly with your thumb and you bugger hook. Move it back & forth as you apply pressure to the trigger pin with your punch tool pushing it from left to right.

Now install the locking block pin FIRST, then install the slide stop lever and then push your tirgger pin back in(right to left).

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  What does the locking block pin do?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks.  What does the locking block pin do?

The spring on your slide stop lever rest against it and that makes it harder to remove the trigger pin because of the grooves in the trigger pin.

The locking block pin holds the locking block in on all 40cal and above Glocks. Without the pin the block would come out when the gun recoils.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:55:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  The new slide stop is in.

Quite simple to do without the hammer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top