Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 4:48:22 PM EDT
What kind of trigger pull could someone expect if they ran a NY2 spring with a 3.5 disconnector?  I'm looking for something that will make some type of improvement on the stock NY2/5# disco combination.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:49:24 AM EDT
[#1]
That depends on what you mean by improvement.  If you want to get rid of the long hard pull of the trigger, get rid of the new york trigger spring entirely and put a stock spring in it.  If you just want to reduce the release point, or click of the trigger, go ahead and put a #3.5 in it.

I have a NY #8 and #3.5 in one of my guns, and I can't say that I hate it.  but the standard trigger spring, and a #3.5 or a #5 connector feel much better.  To be honest with you, the actual let off between the #3.5 and the #5 connectors feels the same to me, the #3,5 just feels more mushy.

The NY triggers are simply designed to give you a double action revolver feel to the trigger.  So all the take up before the connector trips is harder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top