Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 10:59:06 AM EDT
Anyone use one? Does it have a worthwhile effect on muzzle climb? I'm looking to put on in my G19 to replace the lasermax.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
..Does it have a worthwhile effect on muzzle climb?...

The weight difference between your LaserMax and the tungsten guide rod won't make any noticeable difference. What LITTLE weight a metal guide rod adds to the front won't affect muzzle rise enough to notice.    
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#3]
 My buddy wasn't fond of the perceived recoil of his stock G23.  We replaced the captive guide rod and spring from the factory with a tungsten guide rod/noncaptive heavier weight recoil spring,( can't remember the lbs. on the new spring).  We both noticed a dramatic decrease in felt recoil.  I can't tell you if it was simply due to the added weight of the guide rod or the heavier recoil spring or the combination of the two.  What was most important though, was shooting became easier on our hands and target acquisition quickened shot to shot . I have found that my G19 feels the same as shooting my SIG P226 in .40 cal. when considereing the "kick", or "flip" of the gun.  Hope this is helpful information for you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:12:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I just installed a THE Tungsten GR on my 34 with a 15lb ISMI spring and i cant tell the difference from stock.  Just my .02
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:35:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey Coastie,
Put the check in the mail yesterday.  

I'm certainly no Glock expert, but I have fired a Glock before with a tungsten GR and to me it "felt" tamer than one with a stock GR shooting the same ammo.  Anyway, I plan to give Coastie's tungsten GR and spring a new home.  At the very least, I'll have a spare GR and spring in my gunbag.

Can't wait to get home to try her out.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:06:02 AM EDT
[#6]
When used in a STI Edge I can tell the diff using 40 major.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:12:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hey Coastie,
Put the check in the mail yesterday.  

I'm certainly no Glock expert, but I have fired a Glock before with a tungsten GR and to me it "felt" tamer than one with a stock GR shooting the same ammo.  Anyway, I plan to give Coastie's tungsten GR and spring a new home.  At the very least, I'll have a spare GR and spring in my gunbag.

Can't wait to get home to try her out.

Sounds good!  I was looking for a BIG difference.  I know it was a long shot, but hey it was worth the try.....

Thanks again Fullauto.

Chris
Top Top