Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 1:38:58 PM EDT
I've done some looking around here lately, and at the Glock website, and I may have just missed it somewhere-but I can't seem to find info on the Glock factory refinish program.  I've heard about it years ago, and may be buying a used Glock shortly.  

Could someone please tell me what this costs, and what all Glock will do with the gun?  I'm assuming that it's not cheap.  This gun was one I carried for a long time, and I have the chance to buy it back.  Just curious what the opinion is here on this subject.

TIA

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I e-mailed ya !!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:52:05 AM EDT
[#2]
check out glockmeister.com
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:54:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Tooly-Thanks, got your IM.  That pretty much answers my questions.  I'll check out glockmeister, too.  

Again-thanks
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I talked to them a few days ago about that very issue. $45 and an outside shop does the work, turn around is 4-6 weeks.

They will also check out the psitol and replace any worn or old version parts for free. You ship it to them next day air, and they will cover shipping it back to you.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a slide refinished by Glockmeister.  Looks like brand new, and I had them install new nights sights.  I would use them again.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I have used them two times to have the slide refinished - Shipping is expensive to ship the entire pistol (you will have to send it next day). Shipping ONLY the slide is much cheaper.

As said above, it is $45 to refinish the slide. U should call them and speak w/ them, but usually U just send it to them, and include a note w/ your information and what you want done - I think U can either include your credit card info on your note, or tell them via telephone.

If U want your gun "upgraded," you can send the whole thing in, and they will replace all of the springs and stuff - but you really are paying it since you have to pay the shipping.

Also, I would not recommend buying night sights from them - Last year, I had a G26 slide refinished and had night sights put on it - when I got the gun back, the sights looked terroble - the white circles around the tritium was all messed up. I complained, and they paid for shipping back to them. They then called me and said the sights were w/i factory specs and they would not replace them.

When I got the gun back afterwards, it looked like the rear sight was replaced, but it still didn't look that great.

If ya want nights ights, buy them locally where U can see what you are getting. Then take the slide and the sights to a local smith for install.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top