BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is why I only buy CCI or Aguila.   Most other 22 ammo is jammomatic dirty filthy crap.
View Quote
You buy Aguila because you think it is NOT dirty, filthy, crap?
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Glocks. I own several. However, I was not impressed with the G44. Overall, it has a very cheap feel to it. JMHO-YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:01:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I recently got one, but haven't fired it yet.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:28:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I put 200 rounds of CCI mini mags thru mine today, no issues. My 5 year old loved shooting it. Internals in case anyone was interested.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:55:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well shit.....

I just looked at mine.

Does anyone else's have both of these lines, in these spots?

ETA:  seems they must be factory I see them in pictures posted online.

https://i.imgur.com/wQ5nA87.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/M1YC8VQ.jpg
View Quote
Just to add, I have the exact same mark around the rear of my extractor too.
Strange.
Gotta be mold marks because it looks identical
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Aluminum probably would have been a better choice of material for the slide..
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:38:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Winchester  ammo.  Been shooting over 45 years I'm 52. Shot all kinds of stuff. First gun I have ever had this happen to. Never thought this would happen with a 22.
View Quote
Winchester bulk from Walmart? 550 quantity? I've used it and, have had the bullets fall out of the case picking them out of the box. Bullets crooked in the case. Loose etc.
All newer production.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:23:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I like Glocks. I own several. However, I was not impressed with the G44. Overall, it has a very cheap feel to it. JMHO-YMMV.
View Quote
Well it has a plastic slide...
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:31:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
never saw a .22 LR that ever kaboomed.  Maybe I just don't get out enough.
View Quote
Lol. First 22 glock made. The ole glock grenade loves on.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:34:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I planned to pick one of these up, but when I went to the gun show and went to get one Saturday, I couldn't warm up to it after handling it. I couldn't get over how cheap the gun felt. Now with all of these reports, I'm glad I didn't get it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:39:04 AM EDT
[#11]
New Colt Pythons cylinders won't turn and rimfire Glocks crack frames.

I'm thinkin' old guns may be the way to go!
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 1:05:01 AM EDT
[#12]
The egg-heads in Austria will be analyzing that slide for the next five years.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 1:27:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nice pot metal/mim parts just like my crappy Walther P22
View Quote
My P22 is crappy but it’s never blown the fuck up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:15:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Spoke to a Dan at Glock this morning.  They are sending me a call tag shipping label (FedEx)
He said they would call when they get the gun and do an evaluation.  Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Well as someone thats had a p22 slide hit me in the cheek and can say it does happen

The Glock 44 the OP posted is very simple to diagnose, case head popped, in battery or not (doesnt matter), sent extractor out the side extractor put a huge side load on the extractor spring and guide , as a result the side cracked.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:32:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You buy Aguila because you think it is NOT dirty, filthy, crap?
View Quote
My Aguilar has been crazy reliable quality ammo
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:39:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
This ^^^
Super Extra round nose plated is like target ammo at plinker ammo prices.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Perfect storm.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/glock-44-failure-to-feed.1806940/#post-28262314

First round feed failures likely eat slide energy and cause ignition slightly OOB.

Same bug a boo that keeps Advantage Arms Kits from running 100%.  Not enough closing spring strength or the final striker spring compression re-opens the closed slide.

AA runs the spring balance as well as is possible and still has the problem with 20 years of trying to get the right balance.

Glock plastic slide is an effort at light slide weight so a stronger op spring can be used.

Epic Fail!

Whether a horizontal load or more likely a verticle load axis, the slide broke.  They will continue to break.

Shit minimal overload strength and dam poor engineering.  The breech face insert is torquing the plastic it is embedded into.

The long slide metal rails apparently reinforce nothing useful.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Quoted:

This ^^^
Super Extra round nose plated is like target ammo at plinker ammo prices.
View Quote
Will have to 4th this.

For general bulk cheap plinking ammo CCI SV is number 1 and for me Aguila Subsonic is number 2.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#20]
After buying one of the first Ruger P97s back in 1999 I think that would eject its slide stop, I learned not to buy the early run of any new handgun. Not that I really wanted a Glock 44, but this is making me glad I just didn't run out and buy the first one I saw.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:55:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Perfect storm.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/glock-44-failure-to-feed.1806940/#post-28262314

First round feed failures likely eat slide energy and cause ignition slightly OOB.

Same bug a boo that keeps Advantage Arms Kits from running 100%.  Not enough closing spring strength or the final striker spring compression re-opens the closed slide.

AA runs the spring balance as well as is possible and still has the problem with 20 years of trying to get the right balance.

Glock plastic slide is an effort at light slide weight so a stronger op spring can be used.

Epic Fail!

Whether a horizontal load or more likely a verticle load axis, the slide broke.  They will continue to break.

Shit minimal overload strength and dam poor engineering.  The breech face insert is torquing the plastic it is embedded into.

The long slide metal rails apparently reinforce nothing useful.
View Quote
Um, maybe you haven't seen one in person, but the whole lower section of the slide is metal, not just the rails. The metal portion runs rail to rail, barrel to rear. There is no breech face insert, it's the same contiguous piece of metal. I will say, that I don't think there is metal where the recoil spring assembly mates up to the front of the slide, but it is metal where the barrel run through.

It'd be interesting to see what the "metal" portion looks like before they add on the plastic. Skeletized slide with plastic molded around it to make it look like a slide.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Not easy to sort out components from Glock site and random pictures of dirty guns broken or misfeeding or missing extractors.

The Glock plink44 site has yellow lines drawn inside the slide but really provides no real insight.

https://plink44.com

One piece metal system failing even worse because it flexed enough to break a lot of fiberglass reinforced plastic.

Probably a simple stamping of the bottom metal.  Not ready for prime time.

If every blown off extractor breaks the side of the slide, not good.

Big chunk missing from this blown slide caught on video.

There is your metal bottom without the slide’s plastic.

There is nothing to understand.  A common place .22 OOB destroys the slides.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#23]
The extractor apparently pivots in polymer.
That is looking like the primary weak link in the design.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:00:24 PM EDT
[#24]
22plinkster just blew his up on video.

WTH Glock.

https://www.facebook.com/233036316782341/posts/2720746188011329/

ETA: not sure if it was him or just a video he shared.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:15:40 PM EDT
[#25]
JCG I read over this a couple times and maybe I missed it.   Did you state when this happened?  Was it when cambering the first round or during firing?   Also did you have any issues with bullets standing up and not feeding prior to the kaboom?

I ask because the video linked above looks like an OOB to me when the slide is released after his mag change.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#26]
holy shit
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Customers as Beta Testers?

Some EU schmuck does not understand testing.

Or does the USA on the side mean made in USA?

Or both?

Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Now I'm wondering how many rounds they put through the range guns at Shot Show on Monday and what ammo they were using.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Didn't they say that they spent years of development and over a million rounds of ammo? Or something like that that.
If that is true wouldn't these problems have been seen before it hit the market?
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm hoping this is just as a result of a bad batch of slides, maybe something was wrong with one of the molds?
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Didn't they say that they spent years of development and over a million rounds of ammo? Or something like that that.
If that is true wouldn't these problems have been seen before it hit the market?
View Quote
Different ammo maybe?    What's the availability of 22 ammo in Europe vs the US?
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Different ammo maybe?    What's the availability of 22 ammo in Europe vs the US?
View Quote
Maybe the European 22 is loaded lighter. But they still put a bunch of America 22 rounds through them during all the media events.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Maybe the European 22 is loaded lighter. But they still put a bunch of America 22 rounds through them during all the media events.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or more consistent even.    How much do they deal w/ cheap bulk 22?
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Spoke to a Dan at Glock this morning.  They are sending me a call tag shipping label (FedEx)
He said they would call when they get the gun and do an evaluation.  Stay tuned.
View Quote
I suspect they'll want to meet with you in person.

Link Posted: 1/27/2020 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#36]
This was posted on glocktalk, it's a photo of the glock from the video, 22plinkster shared.

Link Posted: 1/27/2020 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Like everyone else who had gen 1 problems with firearms, theyll get it fixed. It's a shame they went to market with this, however.

It's also one of the reasons I generally tend to avoid first gen guns, cars and electronics.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Like everyone else who had gen 1 problems with firearms, theyll get it fixed. It's a shame they went to market with this, however.

It's also one of the reasons I generally tend to avoid first gen guns, cars and electronics.
View Quote
What, do don't like being a beta tester?  
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Damn. I was gonna buy this thing on the basis that it was a Glock and that it would be reliable out of the box.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Damn. I was gonna buy this thing on the basis that it was a Glock and that it would be reliable out of the box.
View Quote
That's what I was thinking  as well. Opps
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#41]
anyone read or hear if the photo of the barrel above with the case stuck in was otherwise clear?  Just wondering if there was a squib in it also.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#42]
If you watch the video, a mag fired out, slide lock, mag dropped, reloaded, first trigger pull, out of battery firing.

This is not an obstructed barrel in either gun.  No squib load.  Slide not closed and it fires.

OOB firing ruptures case and gas pressure blows extractor out breaking/shattering slide plastic parts.

People forget the .22LR pressure spec is 24,000psi.  In its own little Glock plastic world, that is a hell of a lotta uncaged pressure.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What, do don't like being a beta tester?  
View Quote
Maybe with liquor!
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Damn this appears to be a massive failure on Glock's part.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
JCG I read over this a couple times and maybe I missed it.   Did you state when this happened?  Was it when cambering the first round or during firing?   Also did you have any issues with bullets standing up and not feeding prior to the kaboom?

I ask because the video linked above looks like an OOB to me when the slide is released after his mag change.
View Quote
My gun had round chambered, I pulled trigger and felt stuff hit my face. I then looked down at gun and saw next round tilted up and jammed.  Then I noticed the slide broken.  Did have a few not feeding. During shooting.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Tag
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 8:39:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well as someone thats had a p22 slide hit me in the cheek and can say it does happen

The Glock 44 the OP posted is very simple to diagnose, case head popped, in battery or not (doesnt matter), sent extractor out the side extractor put a huge side load on the extractor spring and guide , as a result the side cracked.
View Quote
I had Winchester bulk ammo do exactly this. The case head bounced off the wall and hit me in the head, the rest of the brass was stuck in the chamber with brass spray residue inside the gun.  Mine was a Ruger 22-45 and it was undamaged.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:26:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I put 200 rounds of CCI mini mags thru mine today, no issues. My 5 year old loved shooting it. Internals in case anyone was interested.
View Quote
Same here but I used CCI/Standard Velocity and CCI/Blazer
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Well shit.....

I just looked at mine.

Does anyone else's have both of these lines, in these spots?

ETA:  seems they must be factory I see them in pictures posted online.

https://i.imgur.com/wQ5nA87.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/M1YC8VQ.jpg
View Quote
Those appear to be marks from the mold. Likely from a seam
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
22plinkster just blew his up on video.

WTH Glock.

https://www.facebook.com/233036316782341/posts/2720746188011329/

ETA: not sure if it was him or just a video he shared.
View Quote
Fantastic fucking trigger discipline in that video. Shit happened, better keep the trigger pressed down.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top