https://i.imgur.com/YzUel2O.jpg

All ready to go for tomorrow.
- Stripped it down
- cleaned
- polish job
- Neon green paint on front sight..black paint rear
- lubed and reassembled.
- dry fired... trigger much smoother.

All the ammo in the pic is what I will shoot.

https://i.imgur.com/aQzo9gd.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/dnY7jEu.jpg

Have to say. after just buying a made in Austria Gen 5 G19, this US made G44 appears to have a lot more tarnish, for lack of a better description on all the stamped metal parts.

We shall see....
View Quote
@harv24 get some!

Let us know the results, per brand...per mag...per round.  I'm still entertaining building a spreadsheet with data. Also, do explain your detail job. I'd give that a shot...my trigger on dry fire feels heavy but I never seem to notice during live fire. I'm sure it could still use a touch up.

Also...I'll have an update (tomorrow morning) on how my testing goes with each brand of .22LR in conjunction with the Ameriglo front and rears.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#2]
So.. I just got back from the range and here is my report

Started out at 5 yds  started with the CCI 40 gr. 10 mags worth (100 rds) flawless. not one issue. slide locked back on every magazine

Next, moved to the Federal 38 gr. Black boxes. same deal 10 mags (100 rds)
1st mag had 1 failure to feed. reloaded it. round fired.
over the course of 100 rds a total of 4 FTF's. was reloaded and fired. all 10 magazines locked open when empty.

Next up was the 36gr. rd Federal Walmart Value pack ammo. same deal 10 mags (100 rds) flawless. not one hiccup, all empty magazines made the slide lock back

At this point the barrel was hot and I took a pick of the chamber to show dirtiness level after 300 rds

Now I moved to the higher end stuff the SK standard I shoot in a precision bolt gun(1050 FPS), going for groups/accuracy. this time only 5 mags worth (50 rds) All rds fired, but I had Failures to extract on each of the 5 magazines
1st mag was a FTE and no lock back the next 4 mags each had two separate FTE.

last was my ELEY Target 40 gr (1050 FPS). another 5 magazines (50 rds)
the 1st rd of the first magazine failed to feed. reloaded it and it fired. the remaining 49 rd all fired with no issues.

ACCURACY...
While not really focusing on it, I did try to make rds count and fired in a good steady cadence, overall the gun is very accurate. the sights were a little to the left... I made an adjustment and that took care of it.

after taping the target I went  thru the 36 gr. Fed Value pack. that shit is actually pretty accurate

and then finally I went for a 10 rd slow fire at 25 yd. with the 36 gr Fed value pack

Once I settled down, I got a decent group of 8 with two down below. The sights are still a work in progress and I may swap them out.
Overall, I'm pleased and relieved... relieved that I  did not make a big mistake buying this after seeing the initial internet  issues.
and pleased at how reliable it was. every issue I encountered in the first 400 rds was related to ammunition  save the 1 failure to feed.
Every cartridge had a good primer strike

So far I'm very happy and will keep a rd count to see if anything pops up that is weird or unusual. I think I'm going to like this gun... now to pick up some spare magazines.....
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:12:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So.. I just got back from the range and here is my report

Started out at 5 yds  started with the CCI 40 gr. 10 mags worth (100 rds) flawless. not one issue. slide locked back on every magazine

Next, moved to the Federal 38 gr. Black boxes. same deal 10 mags (100 rds)
1st mag had 1 failure to feed. reloaded it. round fired.
over the course of 100 rds a total of 4 FTF's. was reloaded and fired. all 10 magazines locked open when empty.
https://i.imgur.com/rQ3oDTW.jpg

Next up was the 36gr. rd Federal Walmart Value pack ammo. same deal 10 mags (100 rds) flawless. not one hiccup, all empty magazines made the slide lock back

At this point the barrel was hot and I took a pick of the chamber to show dirtiness level after 300 rds
https://i.imgur.com/3MEAi5h.jpg

Now I moved to the higher end stuff the SK standard I shoot in a precision bolt gun(1050 FPS), going for groups/accuracy. this time only 5 mags worth (50 rds) All rds fired, but I had Failures to extract on each of the 5 magazines
1st mag was a FTE and no lock back the next 4 mags each had two separate FTE.
https://i.imgur.com/k9RvtXv.jpg

last was my ELEY Target 40 gr (1050 FPS). another 5 magazines (50 rds)
the 1st rd of the first magazine failed to feed. reloaded it and it fired. the remaining 49 rd all fired with no issues.

ACCURACY...
While not really focusing on it, I did try to make rds count and fired in a good steady cadence, overall the gun is very accurate. the sights were a little to the left... I made an adjustment and that took care of it.
https://i.imgur.com/N5HHPVY.jpg
after taping the target I went  thru the 36 gr. Fed Value pack. that shit is actually pretty accurate
https://i.imgur.com/fSWMxim.jpg

and then finally I went for a 10 rd slow fire at 25 yd. with the 36 gr Fed value pack
https://i.imgur.com/XIxV2tA.jpg

Once I settled down, I got a decent group of 8 with two down below. The sights are still a work in progress and I may swap them out.
Overall, I'm pleased and relieved... relieved that I  did not make a big mistake buying this after seeing the initial internet  issues.
and pleased at how reliable it was. every issue I encountered in the first 400 rds was related to ammunition  save the 1 failure to feed.
Every cartridge had a good primer strike
https://i.imgur.com/LElPpn2.jpg

So far I'm very happy and will keep a rd count to see if anything pops up that is weird or unusual. I think I'm going to like this gun... now to pick up some spare magazines.....
View Quote
Solid write up, friend. You know it's weird, you mentioned that after switching from Mini-Mags to Federal 38g issues started to occur. You'll see my results down below but even with the 40gr LRN bulk pack I was shooting, same thing. Failure to extract or stove pipe after stove pipe. Obviously, it has everything to do with being lower cost ammunition and builk packaged off the line, just less QA/QC overall. Good photos of the cases with extractor strikes, as well. But onto my update...

Took the G44 to the range and put 400 rounds through it, with the Ameriglo Agent sights into the equation. The results? Not quite what you'd expect, from what the fear mongers have portrayed. See below but in summary, the only issues I had were solely ammunition quality related, with one perhaps being due to carbon build up. At this point I have just shy of 1k rounds through the G44 with no cleaning & no lube (other than what the factory puts on). The thing just keeps on running. I'll keep pushing until a limit is found.

Lastly, I'm more than likely out on CCI Mini-Mag 40gr CPRN from here on out, other than what I've accumulated. Today marks the second bin I've opened up, which had an unnecessary amount of wax on the CPRN bullet. I had to manually extract each round, quite hard, from the tray they all sit in. There was so much wax, it built up at the firing pin channel....barrel crown....mag follower....and all over the range table. That's flat out ridiculous, a CPRN bullet needs no wax....it is COPPER PLATED.

CCI Blazer 40gr LRN

Mag 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 - No issues

Federal American Eagle 40gr LRN

Mag 1/2 - No issues
Mag 3 - In a ten round mag....1 FTE....3 stovepipes
Mag 4 - No issues
Mag 5 - 2 consecutive light primer strikes. Third time was the...charm....
Mag 6 to 10 - No issues

Remington Thunderbolt 40grn LRN > On a side note this stuff was noticeably HOTTER than the mundane Blazer & Federal flavors. And unbeknownst at the time, even hotter felt than CCI-Mini Mags. I also admire how modest the wax coating on the bullet is. At this point, I recommend this stuff over CCI-Mini Mag and will purchase significantly more...

Mag 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 - No issues

[b]CCI Mini-Mag 40gr CPRN/b]

Mag 1/2/3/4/5/6/7 - No issues
Mag 8 - Light primer strike...fired on try #2
Mag 9/10 - No issues

But anyway, first photo of the waxy CCI Mini-Mags. The rest of my filthy beast...

Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:27:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I also put more rounds, 400 CCI Mini-mags to be exact, thru my G44 yesterday.

Other than the occasional FTF, approximately 1 in 50 rds, the gun ran pretty good. (Note 1/2 the rounds fired yesterday were suppressed.)

That said, this gun does nothing for me that my 22/45 doesn't do better, IMHO. And since this was an impulse buy, it is time to send this gun on its way.

I have taken the threaded barrel out of the gun, as the new to be owner doesn't need it, and will clean and lube it before it goes to its new home.

Overall, while the gun initially was a bit of a let down, I feel that the last 1000rds put thru the gun, it did redeem itself a good bit.

However, I also feel the gun DID NOT live up to it's hype. So my tiny experiment with this gun is done.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:29:49 PM EDT
[#5]
my G44 gets a steady diet of CCI Blazer, I tried a bunch of other loadings during the time .22lr was scarce, and was not impressed with much of anything.... oiled but not cleaned... 100 one shot draws Wed, 50 low ready, 100 alternating weak strong hand... so far 1150 trouble free.. regards Les
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Just an FYI, PSA has the magazines in stock. Haven't seen them in stock since I bought mine. Picked up 3 extras.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 10:06:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just an FYI, PSA has the magazines in stock. Haven't seen them in stock since I bought mine. Picked up 3 extras.
View Quote
I may grab a few from them. I ordered from GunMagWarehouse something like 6 days ago and still heard nothing on my order. So I'm likely to cancel it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 10:15:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Took mine out for the third time this past weekend.

500rds Aquila Super Extra 40gr CPRN:
One failure to feed, second round out of the magazine. Nose wasn't too mangled so I reseated the round in the mag and it fed fine when cycled. No other issues.

13rds CCI Standard 40gr LRN: 13 rounds, no issues. Noticeably lighter recoil, quieter report, and weaker ejection than the Aquila.

Round count is now 1,564. Accuracy remained about the same as during previous outings; clay pigeons at 15 yards wasn't much of a challenge if I took my time.

Attachment Attached File

One FTF in 513 rounds doesn't worry me too much.

Attachment Attached File

120 rounds @7 yards
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:26:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

One failure to feed, second round out of the magazine. Nose wasn't too mangled so I reseated the round in the mag and it fed fine when cycled. No other issues.

13rds CCI Standard 40gr LRN: 13 rounds, no issues. Noticeably lighter recoil, quieter report, and weaker ejection than the Aquila.

Round count is now 1,564. Accuracy remained about the same as during previous outings; clay pigeons at 15 yards wasn't much of a challenge if I took my time.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/413021/20200208_170357_jpg-1271024.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/413021/20200208_170417_jpg-1271025.JPG

120 rounds @7 yards
View Quote
Nice. And see! I can't be the only one who thinks CCI Mini-Mag may be dropping in quality. Remington Thunderbolt to CCI Mini-Mag felt like 9mm Blazer to 9mm Freedom Munitions. Let alone, two lots I've opened up on the CCI had so much wax, it looked like I had enough to make a candle from the debris on the table. Not including now heavy the bullets were oddly coated in wax, either.

In any event, with your report (& others here)....I'm beginning to think 'the majority' of the shade being cast on the G44 is solely ammunition related. We have all experienced sporadic failures of sorts but nothing has been consistent. I feel some of the career YouTubers started a knee jerk reaction. Even a pebble creates a ripple across the pond.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 2:14:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Another update, today was a bit interesting as you'll see in my explanations below. The G44 still remains uncleaned and without lube. Again this isn't to showboat or go on a rant about cleaning. This is merely to test the inherent reputation Glocks have obtained, in that, their tolerances are quite forgiving and the design is so simple that it needs minimal lubricant. I also want to let everyone know I have yet to experience a first round feed issue, both on initial mag or reload via racking the slide, slide release, closed slide rack. I have continued to hastily load my mags and don't actually adjust a (the) last round whether or not it looks flat or high. Oh and the Ameriglo steel front and rear have been just fine, function not affected...

Total round count @ 1366

2/13 rundown...

Remington 36gr Golden Bullet CPHP

Mag 1 through 20 - No issues

Federal American Eagle 40gr LRN > As evidenced in my last range review, this stuff is practically garbage. Shoots a smoke show and I attribute all of my failures to weak & inconsistent loads. This theory is further evidenced by how sporadic it was prior, in conjunction with how other loads run in my G44 just fine. All FTEs were either: slide partially back or slide still in battery. Stovepipes varied between a true vertical presentation through the ejection port or a head on impact with the barrel face. How much has to do with the pistol filth? I doubt any, the muzzle velocity is something like 20fps faster than the Golden bullets and 25 faster than Remington Thunderbolt. This stuff just has awful QA/QI...

Mag 1 - 3x FTE, 1x stovepipe
Mag 2 - 4x FTE (slide never moved)
Mag 3 - No issues
Mag 4 - 3x stovepipe 1x did not pick round up, 1x no slide movement FTE
Mag 5 - 6 FTE
Mag 6 - 3 FTE no slide movement
Mag 7/8/9/10 - Consistent FTEs or stovepipes rendered the pistol a single shot machine each and every round

Remington Thunderbolt 40gr LRN > Again felt the hottest

Mag 1 through 10 - No issues

Video 1 (Remington 36gr Golden Bullet CPHP) > Excuse the dry hands, I know they're bad lol. I'm not past my mid 30s either!

https://i.imgur.com/HUZO33s.gifv

Video 2 (Federal American Eagle 4pgr LRN > Failures due to weak/underpowered pills...

https://i.imgur.com/FJ2lyfy.gifv

Ram job failure with the Federal American Eagle

Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Another update, today was a bit interesting as you'll see in my explanations below. The G44 still remains uncleaned and without lube. Again this isn't to showboat or go on a rant about cleaning. This is merely to test the inherent reputation Glocks have obtained, in that, their tolerances are quite forgiving and the design is so simple that it needs minimal lubricant. I also want to let everyone know I have yet to experience a first round feed issue, both on initial mag or reload via racking the slide, slide release, closed slide rack. I have continued to hastily load my mags and don't actually adjust a (the) last round whether or not it looks flat or high. Oh and the Ameriglo steel front and rear have been just fine, function not affected...

Total round count @ 1366

2/13 rundown...

Mag 1 through 20 - No issues

Federal American Eagle 40gr LRN > As evidenced in my last range review, this stuff is practically garbage. Shoots a smoke show and I attribute all of my failures to weak & inconsistent loads. This theory is further evidenced by how sporadic it was prior, in conjunction with how other loads run in my G44 just fine. All FTEs were either: slide partially back or slide still in battery. Stovepipes varied between a true vertical presentation through the ejection port or a head on impact with the barrel face. How much has to do with the pistol filth? I doubt any, the muzzle velocity is something like 20fps faster than the Golden bullets and 25 faster than Remington Thunderbolt. This stuff just has awful QA/QI...

Mag 1 - 3x FTE, 1x stovepipe
Mag 2 - 4x FTE (slide never moved)
Mag 3 - No issues
Mag 4 - 3x stovepipe 1x did not pick round up, 1x no slide movement FTE
Mag 5 - 6 FTE
Mag 6 - 3 FTE no slide movement
Mag 7/8/9/10 - Consistent FTEs or stovepipes rendered the pistol a single shot machine each and every round

Remington Thunderbolt 40gr LRN > Again felt the hottest

Mag 1 through 10 - No issues

Video 1 (Remington 36gr Golden Bullet CPHP) > Excuse the dry hands, I know they're bad lol. I'm not past my mid 30s either!

https://i.imgur.com/HUZO33s.gifv

Video 2 (Federal American Eagle 4pgr LRN > Failures due to weak/underpowered pills...

https://i.imgur.com/FJ2lyfy.gifv

Ram job failure with the Federal American Eagle

https://i.imgur.com/Qu4aEzt.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wIpAWPe.jpg
View Quote
run into any issues fitting the sights on?

I have a spare set of target sights with a taller front sight that would fix my shooting high issue. but im hesitant to put steel sights in for fear of ruining the plastic dovetail.

did you fit them or just push them in?
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

run into any issues fitting the sights on?

I have a spare set of target sights with a taller front sight that would fix my shooting high issue. but im hesitant to put steel sights in for fear of ruining the plastic dovetail.

did you fit them or just push them in?
View Quote
Nope, no issues with fitment. The Ameriglo sights I used (model #GL5617) are G17/G19 Gen5 compatible. Front sight drops right in without use of a spacer or anything. Used a little Loctite 242 on the nut and hand tightened. With the rear, I just drifted it into place, no out of the ordinary resistance or hangups. I didn't feel like I was forcing into place, if that makes sense. It holds just fine and neither front or rear have drifted. I've racked the slide on the rear steel sights a few times without issues as well.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#13]
1300 trouble free as of today.... lube but not cleaned... CCI Blazer
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Picked up a 44 a few weeks ago.
Have over 800rds thru it now.
It like HV round nose ammo.
So far I’ve fired the following ammo:
CCI mini-mag both HP and solid. This ammo runs perfectly
Winchester 40grn rn. The 1300fps ran perfectly  the blunt nosed 1435fps stuff did not.
Aguila HV and SE both ran well
CCI standard velocity this did not run at all. To weak to cycle the gun.
The gun has worked perfectly.
I do clean it to bare metal after each range trip.
The barrel does lead up. Bore brush needed.
So far its been great.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm going to the farm over the weekend and will post a range report. I'll be using the standard and threaded barrels.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:35:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Picked up a 44 a few weeks ago.
Have over 800rds thru it now.
It like HV round nose ammo.
So far I’ve fired the following ammo:
CCI mini-mag both HP and solid. This ammo runs perfectly
Winchester 40grn rn. The 1300fps ran perfectly  the blunt nosed 1435fps stuff did not.
Aguila HV and SE both ran well
CCI standard velocity this did not run at all. To weak to cycle the gun.
The gun has worked perfectly.
I do clean it to bare metal after each range trip.
The barrel does lead up. Bore brush needed.
So far its been great.
View Quote
Yeah I honestly believe if there's a malfunction, the cause is underpowered ammunition. Barring any fluke guns, that's gonna be what causes FTEs, stovepipes, and alike.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 6:45:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Second range trip.... another flawless 400 rds... literally.

I ran 200rds and finished off the Box of 40 gr CCI's
Then I finished off an old box of 36 gr Fed Value pack (Walmart)
then I finished off the box of Fed 38 gr hp Black box.

40 mags worth and the only issue out of 400 rds, was one failure to fire on one of the 38 gr Fed Black box.
Had a normal primer strike...reloaded it... Boom.

The gun was doing a handful of Failure to extracts on the 36 gr HP Fed, on the first 400 rd outing. Not this time.
Me thinks the gun is starting to break in.....
I did pick up a spare magazine (Have 3 now) so it makes it a bit easier to run rds thru. accuracy is still good, but that rear sight may have to go as I am still shooting higher and I cannot get it to lower anymore.

I did put in a OEM - Marked connector. now the trigger is just about identical to my carry gun.

No regrets buying this gun at all.... I think a lot of the initial "This gun sucks" has died down as both here and over at GlockTalk the majority of range reports is positive... so the 3 or 4 individuals who still like to dog on the G44 are slowly fading away....
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#18]
200 rounds on mine today. One stovepipe which was clearly a weak charge, and one dud round. Pistol ran great.

With ameriglo hackathorn sights installed

Eta: ammunition used was federal automatch 40gr rn.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

40 mags worth and the only issue out of 400 rds, was one failure to fire on one of the 38 gr Fed Black box.

The gun was doing a handful of Failure to extracts on the 36 gr HP Fed, on the first 400 rd outing. Not this time.
I did pick up a spare magazine (Have 3 now) so it makes it a bit easier to run rds thru. accuracy is still good, but that rear sight may have to go as I am still shooting higher and I cannot get it to lower anymore.

I did put in a OEM - Marked connector. now the trigger is just about identical to my carry gun.

No regrets buying this gun at all.... I think a lot of the initial "This gun sucks" has died down as both here and over at GlockTalk the majority of range reports is positive... so the 3 or 4 individuals who still like to dog on the G44 are slowly fading away....
View Quote
I gotta ask, did the CCI Mini-Mags you were using have a stupid amount of wax on the bullet tips? Two boxes I've ran through (so far) had so much I had to pull each round hard to get it out. It got pretty annoying and I'm sort of deterred from using the 1k+ I have.

But yeah I agree with you, I feel like my G44 broke in pretty quick as well. Most of my mags are shot at a steady, if not rapid rate. Not always shooting for groups but generally trying to run the gun hard.

You gotta drop some steel sights in guy! And I have a third mag along with 1k Remington Thunderbolt coming in. Another range trip soon enough....but I love this rig...

Edit: The smack talk (as seen from the kaboom thread here) has definitely died down and the widespread gossip of slides blowing up because of a Glock issue never got past the incipient stage. There were like maybe three reported cases. In my eyes it should have been far more widespread if legit.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:24:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
200 rounds on mine today. One stovepipe which was clearly a weak charge, and one dud round. Pistol ran great.

With ameriglo hackathorn sights installed

Eta: ammunition used was federal automatch 40gr rn.
View Quote
Oh Lord help you, they say steel rear sights will blow up your slide and or cause the gun to be dysfunctional!
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:50:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I gotta ask, did the CCI Mini-Mags you were using have a stupid amount of wax on the bullet tips? Two boxes I've ran through (so far) had so much I had to pull each round hard to get it out. It got pretty annoying and I'm sort of deterred from using the 1k+ I have.

But yeah I agree with you, I feel like my G44 broke in pretty quick as well. Most of my mags are shot at a steady, if not rapid rate. Not always shooting for groups but generally trying to run the gun hard.

You gotta drop some steel sights in guy! And I have a third mag along with 1k Remington Thunderbolt coming in. Another range trip soon enough....but I love this rig...

Edit: The smack talk (as seen from the kaboom thread here) has definitely died down and the widespread gossip of slides blowing up because of a Glock issue never got past the incipient stage. There were like maybe three reported cases. In my eyes it should have been far more widespread if legit.
View Quote
The CCI mags came in a  Blue box of 300 (100 per plastic holder x 3) The had like no wax on them.
I ran it pretty hard... The barrel was pretty hot... I would load three mags.... shoot them, load...shoot

Yea, I'm thinking a set of sights is next... that rear sight is not adjustable enough.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:13:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The CCI mags came in a  Blue box of 300 (100 per plastic holder x 3) The had like no wax on them.
I ran it pretty hard... The barrel was pretty hot... I would load three mags.... shoot them, load...shoot

Yea, I'm thinking a set of sights is next... that rear sight is not adjustable enough.
View Quote
Weird how I've had 200 rounds thus far that were candle waxed, then.

Shooting low or high? I'm POA/POI with the Ameriglo sights, most of the garbage shots are a fault of my own, pulling low or trigger jerk.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 1:16:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Mine shoots high... I like to use the dot in a center hold.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody with a brain in their head is happy about Glock having problems of any sort with the G44.

There seems a repetitive problem with sloppy loading or with some ammo making a first or other round feed failure.  The slide doesn’t close all the way.

There likewise seems an as yet unquantified Out Of Battery OOB problem which results in blowing off extractors, cracking the plastic slides, blowing parts of plastic off the slide, and clearly bending the metal frame.

Unquantified because the internet gurus, posters, lurkers, and who ever Is seeing this is/are a small part of G44 purchasers.  Most shooters could give a rats posterior about writing about shooting.  I have seen four actual OOB events on sites.  It is a fact that they happen and the damage ranges from blown off extractors to destroyed slides.

Unquantified because most people, internetters or not, have no desire to publicize their problem.  Much less internet it.  Let Glock handle it quietly.  Glock will never tell you anything.

Four among the internet types is X% of how many guns sold to innternetters?  No way to know.  Likewise, the same percentage applied to the whole Universe/pile of G44 buyers is how many incidents proportionally.  Probably numerically quite a few, but not a big percentage.

The problem is simple.  When it happens, the guns are destroyed.  That Glock replaces them is nice, but that it can happen from a simple OOB is bull shit and a poor design.

The side issue is the guys who sloppily load magazines helping to generate feed failures and failures to go into battery AND ALSO seem to be doing how long can it run before something happens are just pushing their luck.

It is damn sad it is happening at all.  The G44 is not a gun I want near my grandkids or me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Took mine out this morning, along with the 22-45 Lite. Took an almost empty and a full box of Winchester plated 36gr HP, and a half empty box of Federal bulk. The federal bulk had a few FTE in the Glock, but ran fine in the Ruger. The Winchester actually did well this time out in the Glock with a couple FTE as the gun got dirty. Didn't open the box of Federal AutoMatch I brought due to the Winchester working well.

Haven't kept a round count log, but I'd guess almost 2k rounds.

As far as the Ruger goes, I had only shot it a few hundred times since I bought it years ago. It was a complete failure with any type of ammo, so I never took it out. But a couple months ago, I figured I'd try some replacement parts from Tandomkross, and if that didn't solve the issues I'd sell it to fund the G44. Well since replacing some parts with one of their combo packs, it has been 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Nobody with a brain in their head is happy about Glock having problems of any sort with the G44.

There seems a repetitive problem with sloppy loading or with some ammo making a first or other round feed failure.  The slide doesn’t close all the way.

There likewise seems an as yet unquantified Out Of Battery OOB problem which results in blowing off extractors, cracking the plastic slides, blowing parts of plastic off the slide, and clearly bending the metal frame.

Unquantified because the internet gurus, posters, lurkers, and who ever Is seeing this is/are a small part of G44 purchasers.  Most shooters could give a rats posterior about writing about shooting.  I have seen four actual OOB events on sites.  It is a fact that they happen and the damage ranges from blown off extractors to destroyed slides.

Unquantified because most people, internetters or not, have no desire to publicize their problem.  Much less internet it.  Let Glock handle it quietly.  Glock will never tell you anything.

Four among the internet types is X% of how many guns sold to innternetters?  No way to know.  Likewise, the same percentage applied to the whole Universe/pile of G44 buyers is how many incidents proportionally.  Probably numerically quite a few, but not a big percentage.

The problem is simple.  When it happens, the guns are destroyed.  That Glock replaces them is nice, but that it can happen from a simple OOB is bull shit and a poor design.

The side issue is the guys who sloppily load magazines helping to generate feed failures and failures to go into battery AND ALSO seem to be doing how long can it run before something happens are just pushing their luck.

It is damn sad it is happening at all.  The G44 is not a gun I want near my grandkids or me.
View Quote
You say all this unquantified stuff yet preach like it (the various 'problems') is a widespread problem across all G44s. Which one is it?  You also put it right on Glock. There are soooo many other factors but we all want to blame....the manufacturer. I'd argue anyone with a brain would understand there could be a hundred other issues other than only....the manufacturer.

If this was that big of an issue a firearm manufacturer would be mandated to deliver a recall or notice.

Additionally, the blown extractors/cracked slide/oob issue is an ammunition issue and I'm calling it right now. Think about this, if a round was out of tolerance at the bullet and almost fully seated....yet not completely....you'd have that oob issue.  Related to the mag issue, that could simply be faulty mags from production issues.

There is certainly animosity with Glock on the inflated release of the G44 and the mass disappointment. But that doesn't have to project onto a few faulty problems. We would be hearing about how bad they might be, trust me. Glock has a following and the message would get out.

Edit: You are also under the impression everyone who posts a G44 issue online actually has validity in what the believe/say is going on/etc.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 12:17:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Oh Lord help you, they say steel rear sights will blow up your slide and or cause the gun to be dysfunctional!
View Quote
You know it. She is doomed now!
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Harv24... I did not know that there was a non adjustable rear sight from the factory... if you have inadvertently overlooked the tiny adjustment screws, the screw driver is a tiny thumb unit in the pack with the cable lock

1450 CCI Blazer without a glitch so far...most were alternate weak and strong hand... I did brush off the bolt face and run a brush through the barrel after yesterday
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#29]
I am liking mine.

I have target guns (that shoot better) but for a general purpose messing about gun that handles similar to some of my centerfire glocks it has value to me.

Some folks on the boards are putting lots of energy into disliking it but it seems pretty nice to me.

I only have about 400 rounds through mine , about half minimags and the rest CCI STD without a single hang up.

The guys who dislike it go crazy about the 10 rd mags. It isn't a self defense piece so who cares?I live in stupid CT so it is ten rounds regardless for me.

Those same guys also bitch it doesn't have a threaded barrel out of the box, I am not can crazy so that also doesn't apply to me.

Some have complained their gun didn't function well with a certain brand of ammo. Guns might varry but if mine works well with weak stuff like CCI STD when it isn't broke in I suspect it will work fine with any HV 22 out there.

To each their own but I give it two thumbs up
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:54:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You say all this unquantified stuff yet preach like it (the various 'problems') is a widespread problem across all G44s. Which one is it?  You also put it right on Glock. There are soooo many other factors but we all want to blame....the manufacturer. I'd argue anyone with a brain would understand there could be a hundred other issues other than only....the manufacturer.

If this was that big of an issue a firearm manufacturer would be mandated to deliver a recall or notice.

Additionally, the blown extractors/cracked slide/oob issue is an ammunition issue and I'm calling it right now. Think about this, if a round was out of tolerance at the bullet and almost fully seated....yet not completely....you'd have that oob issue.  Related to the mag issue, that could simply be faulty mags from production issues.

There is certainly animosity with Glock on the inflated release of the G44 and the mass disappointment. But that doesn't have to project onto a few faulty problems. We would be hearing about how bad they might be, trust me. Glock has a following and the message would get out.

Edit: You are also under the impression everyone who posts a G44 issue online actually has validity in what the believe/say is going on/etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I apparently used too many multi-syllable words, so I will try again.

1).  I don’t “believe” a thing I read because most of the shooting of internetters is done with a keyboard. [This is a reading words concept.  Reading.]

2).  I do believe photos/videos of blown cases, extractors, cracked slides, shattered slides, and bent metal rails. [This is seeing a picture/video concept.  Vision.]

3).  There is some sort of problem.  I would like to know WTF it is and how often it occurs.  [Quantified is a numerical concept.  How often per 1000 guns does this occur?]

Glock will never tell you.  They still haven’t decided the early unsupported .40 chambers were a problem.  [Quantified.  A simple numerical concept.  X events per Y number of guns per mean rounds Z fired.]  [Separate issue from Why.  Why is a cause.]

Between the pro-fan boy deniers and the anti-fan boy haters there is no way to know.  Bullshit does not cancel itself out turning into truth.  It is just two kinds of internet bullshit side by side.  Some basic firearm/ballistic engineering and similar gun product experience helps make an intelligent evaluation and sort it out, but the answer is currently unknown.

[I would really really like to know why the one G44 in a video started firing on the pull, then on the pull and release, and then ran the rest of the magazine full auto.  Broken, Dremel, mis fit, after market parts?]

4).  You may declare it an ammo issue, but that is a made up response. It feels good to a G44 owner.  Like blaming all Glock malfs on limp wristing.

4a). The answer is more likely too tight under SAMMI spec sized chambers and bores in some guns compounded by less than good feeding magazines.  The one poster with actual bore measurements was interesting.  0.005” under size .22LR bores is or may be significant.   But there is insufficient info to know.

5).  What is not made up is the side blown out of a slide ejection port with bent metal or the three cracked ones I have seen.  The plastic slide does not seem to survive an actual OOB discharge at what ever unknown frequency it occurs.  The fire control parts are imbedded in the plastic and the extractor operates in the plastic.  That's why the first damage is the extractor departing the slide when the round stud unhinges in the plastic.

6).  Except for the price, I would have happily pre-ordered one.  Now its wait and see.

7).  Each of these AA Kits with its own dedicated custom built frame has had cases of .22 through them, not a brick or two.  The highest quality I can identify.  And cleaned every time whether used one round or 2-300 that day.  The new TX22, equally cared for and shooting it today.

So feel free to tell me all about the one G44 you are senselessly shooting dirty till it fails.

Damn, I used multi syllable words again.  I quit.

[Clarified a bit]
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#31]
I guess I’m not the only person who likes AA Glock kits enough to mate them to dedicated frames.   I have close to the same amount invested in my AA kits and dedicated frames as new Glock 44.   I have yet had to replace any parts on my AA kits and the 17/22 Target model has many tens of thousands of rounds through it.

I handled a Glock 44 at a LGS and I liked it but I haven’t decided if I will buy one.   The AA magazines are cheaper and seem more reliable than the Glock 44 mags.   The AA kits depart from the Glock design but the aluminum slide and extractor are more durable.   I hope Glock gets the bugs worked out on the model 44 as I’d like to see a 22 LR version on the Glock 43 frame.

Link Posted: 2/17/2020 2:30:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Harv24... I did not know that there was a non adjustable rear sight from the factory... if you have inadvertently overlooked the tiny adjustment screws, the screw driver is a tiny thumb unit in the pack with the cable lock

1450 CCI Blazer without a glitch so far...most were alternate weak and strong hand... I did brush off the bolt face and run a brush through the barrel after yesterday
View Quote
I have the little screwdriver, my issue is I cannot bring the rear down anymore to get the center dot hold I want...
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 2:35:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

1).  I don’t “believe” a thing I read because most of the shooting of internetters is done with a keyboard.

2).  I do believe photos/videos of blown cases, extractors, cracked slides, shattered slides, and bent metal rails.

3).  There is some sort of problem.  I would like to know WTF it is and how often it occurs.  Glock will never tell you.  Between the pro-fan boy deniers and the anti-fan boy haters there is no way to know.  Bullshit does not cancel itself out turning into truth.  It is just two kinds of internet bullshit side by side.  Some basic firearm/ballistic engineering and similar gun product experience helps make an intelligent evaluation and sort it out, but the answer is currently unknown.

4).  You may declare it an ammo issue, but that is a made up response. It feels good to a G44 owner.  Like blaming all Glock malfs on limp wristing.

4a). The answer is more likely too tight under SAMMI spec sized chambers and bores in some guns compounded by less than good feeding magazines.  The one poster with actual bore measurements was interesting.  But there is insufficient info to know.

5).  What is not made up is the side blown out of a slide ejection port with bent metal or the three cracked ones I have seen.  The plastic slide does not seem to survive an actual OOB discharge at what ever unknown frequency it occurs.

6).  Except for the price, I would have happily pre-ordered one.  Now its wait and see.

7).  Each of these AA Kits with its own dedicated custom built frame has had cases of .22 through them, not a brick or two.  The highest quality I can identify.  And cleaned every time whether used one round or 2-300 that day.  The new TX22, equally cared for and shooting it today.

https://i.postimg.cc/jqXhDL93/IMG-0110.jpg

So feel free to tell me all about the one G44 you are senselessly shooting dirty till it fails.

View Quote
Perhaps it's because you are so vehemently against the G44 and you don't even own one.. I get it, you don't like it... you have made that abundantly clear in multiple threads, multiple times...
But I've seen plenty of posters here and on Glock talk who have been having great success with them.

We all get it.... maybe it's time to move on... and go spam the TX 22 threads....
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 7:52:16 PM EDT
[#34]
I am pretty happy with mine.  Over 1k now and the trigger, like all gen 5's, the trigger really improved with some firing.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 8:25:52 PM EDT
[#35]
I posted a while back that mine preferred 40 grn at first.  A couple thousand rounds and a couple cleanings later, it really doesn't discriminate any more.  It just shoots flawlessly.

I've dozens of mixed magazines of 4 or 5 types of ammo, and it eats it all.  It's become very reliable.  I guess it just needed to be broken in a bit.

Mine shoots high also...I've lowered the rear sight as far as it will go.  I think I'll leave the rear sight alone and install a littler taller front sight at some point.  I really don't want to mess with the plastic dove tail.

I'm very satisfied...It's a blast to shoot, cheap to shoot, and it's great practice for my stable of carry Glocks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I am pretty happy with mine.  Over 1k now and the trigger, like all gen 5's, the trigger really improved with some firing.
View Quote
I can't tell about my trigger, it's normally early morning when I go to the range. And this time of year it's about 25°-35° that time of morning and I'm wearing gloves the whole time
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:34:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

1).  I don’t “believe” a thing I read because most of the shooting of internetters is done with a keyboard.

2).  I do believe photos/videos of blown cases, extractors, cracked slides, shattered slides, and bent metal rails.

3).  There is some sort of problem.  I would like to know WTF it is and how often it occurs.  Glock will never tell you.  Between the pro-fan boy deniers and the anti-fan boy haters there is no way to know.  Bullshit does not cancel itself out turning into truth.  It is just two kinds of internet bullshit side by side.  Some basic firearm/ballistic engineering and similar gun product experience helps make an intelligent evaluation and sort it out, but the answer is currently unknown.

4a). The answer is more likely too tight under SAMMI spec sized chambers and bores in some guns compounded by less than good feeding magazines.  The one poster with actual bore measurements was interesting.  But there is insufficient info to know.

5).  What is not made up is the side blown out of a slide ejection port with bent metal or the three cracked ones I have seen.  The plastic slide does not seem to survive an actual OOB discharge at what ever unknown frequency it occurs.

https://i.postimg.cc/jqXhDL93/IMG-0110.jpg

View Quote
I can't touch on everything you said, mostly because I'm relaxing after a long day....but here's what I will comment on...

It seems you're insulting my intelligence by mentioning you were using words with too many syllables. My point was you were using this word 'unquantified,' which suggested none of what followed that word was confirmed...yet your language essentially pointed the finger at Glock Glock Glock. You contradicted yourself 100%. But let's move on...

1) You do believe a thing....the photos....which you contradict yourself in line #2.

2) What you state, you believe, is a minimal amount of G44 parts of their respective owners, that are broken. This doesn't mean anything as face value, yet you point the finger at Glock, even with the rhetoric of the famed youtubers like MAC, who is known to stir the pot and wear his emotions on his sleeve. I could post a photo of a totaled out car, you're saying it's the vehicle's fault essentially. You can run with the rest of that analogy but you should get the point.

3) Correction, Glock has to notify you of a recall. Unless of course they want to enter a class action lawsuit of however many harmed G44 owners with valid claims. Hell look at Sig with their recall. A 'selective' 'upgrade' or whatever they initially called it. We don't have a problem but there is a problem, and just send it back so we can fix it, but hey were not going to specifically tell you how this came about right now or yada yada yada.

4) I do declare it is an ammo issue. I've experienced garbage ammo, how is that a made up response? Any function issues I've ran into was confirmed to be fluke round (weak load, poor QA/QC, etc). Mind you I'm running an extra 7 or so grams on the slide, and it still functions with even the garbage stuff. On the occasion it doesn't, I'm not blaming the firearm. The guy next to me at the range was swearing up a storm today about his rig, which was throwing stovepipe after stovepipe. But he was all over blaming the manufacturer right off the bat. He was also preaching how 9mm was so garbage in the past, all cops switched to a 40 S&W because it could take down an elephant. His words, not mine. I call this.....lack of leniency and lack of knowledge.

4a) Too tight of a chamber? Are you an engineer, did you measure it to the hundredth of thousandths? That's ridiculous and repeated rhetoric from other forums you've seen others post. What about this as another possibility, the garbage CCI Mini-Mag batches I encountered that had so much wax on the bullet tip, I was curious if they would even fully seat. In my case, I ran them regardless to see what would happen. They did all fully chamber, but what if one round didn't? OOB issue? I think so. Glock problem? I think not. That's a hit I was willing to take, for the sake of experimenting.

5) There's this massive misinformation regarding the slide. It is merely a facade and has no impact on anything related to function. It is a cover over a semi-steel slide....but completes the overall 'look' of the slide. But either way I'm not sure the point you're trying to make. When a round explodes outside of it's normal confines, I'd imagine it would destroy anything that was not designed/engineered to take such a blast.

6) Sooooo you don't have one? You're talking the talk, but not walking the walk....

I will continue to tell you about the G44 I'm 'shooting senselessly (not really but sure I'll go with your wording) until it fails (still hasn't). I ran another 250 through it today, again no lube or cleaning. If this doesn't prove there isn't an issue with the gun, I don't know what does. With all of the carbon build up and gunk thrown around, there is every reason in the world for this thing to fail or not function. Yet it does not. I'm proving the point Glock failed to capitalize on their marketing with the G44....the G44 follows the same design as other builds in that....the large tolerances were intentionally designed to keep the gun running in the words conditions and/or lack of cleaning/lubrication.

But all due respect kind sir, I enjoy this conversation. I'm just putting my money (and more) where my mouth is. I even let my fiance shoot a few mags through it

She survived.

" />

Edit: My range update today...

Mag 1 through 7 - No issues
Mag 8 - 'Light' primer strike that actually looked like a good hit. Fired on reload into the mag.
Mag 9 through 11 - No issues

CCI Stinger 32gr CPHP - What an awesome round. Hot loaded like the Remington Thunderbolts but had that extra quality associated with it. Nickel plated cases and a copper plated hollow point. These things threw a huge flash as well but otherwise very accurate and without issues. Will buy more of.

Mag 1 through 5 - No issues

Federal American Eagle 40gr LRN - I think either my slide spring is breaking in a little bit and/or I got the 'better' rounds in that otherwise garbage box. This stuff definitely felt very weak and I could feel the slide barely pulling back and going forward again...

Mag 1 - No issues
Mag 2 - 2x stovepipes
Mag 3/4 - No issues
Mag 5 - Slide did not lock back on 1x round
Mag 6/7 - No issues
Mag 8 - Slide did not lock back on 1x round
Mag 9 - No issues
Mag 10 - Stovepipe x 1
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#38]
So should I buy one or not?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#39]
My review will be coming soon, I have ran a lot of different rounds. CCI standard and Blazer have been the top performers with reliability and accuracy.

I have noticed when the temperature is under 32F the gun does not want to run. Has anyone else noticed this?

Quoted:
View Quote
If you like Glocks, and don’t have a problem running a pistol that seems to have a break in period. I enjoy shooting my G44.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#40]
If you want a Glock 44 I say buy it.   The main reason I haven’t bought a Glock 44 is I don’t have a Gen 5 19 and have a Gen 4 19 plus an AA gen 4 19/23 kit with dedicated frame.   I have benefitted greatly from the extra trigger time afforded by shooting rimfire 22 LR in Glocks.   It appears the new Glock 44 is reliable with a larger variety of ammo than many AA Glock 22 conversion kits.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Absolutely.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Go for it... I was on the fence... then I said fuck it... No regerts….
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Attachment Attached File

Mine has flawlessly ate these all day. Whole box no problems. About to go for round two.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/413021/20200208_170357_jpg-1271024.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/413021/20200208_170417_jpg-1271025.JPG

120 rounds @7 yards
View Quote
Yesterday was my fourth range trip with the G44.

525 rounds Federal AutoMatch 40gr LRN: One weird looking failure to feed (see photo), second or third round out of the magazine. Round wasn't damaged so I reseated it and it chambered and fired normally. Two light strikes; one went off on the second attempt and another on the third, but once again I'm inclined to blame that on the ammo rather than the gun. *ETA I should note that this round count was done in a bit less than an hour.

Round count is now 2,089, with a grand total of I think seven or eight FTF or FTE issues. Gun has been cleaned and lubed after each range outing. For a modern centerfire pistol used for self-defense I'd consider this failure rate to be unacceptable, for a centerfire plinking gun it'd be irritating, but for a rimfire I personally find it to be pretty damn good. I've owned a pair of .22 pistols in the past - a first gen Walther P22 which was completely unreliable garbage with multiple failures per mag, and a Beretta Neos which was substantially more reliable but IMO not really comparable to the G44. I have five mags now but unfortunately I have yet to mark them, so I don't know if the mag with the FTF was the same as the one(s) that had issues in previous outings. So far the "reliable" ammo types have been CCI Mini Mags, Aguila Super Extra, Armscor 36gr CPHP HV, and Federal AutoMatch; "unreliable" ammo seems to be Federal red box 36gr CPHP but that's a small sample size.

The biggest issue I have, and which I see other people reporting, is the horrible regulation of the sights. Even with my rear sight completely bottomed out, my POA is between 1" and 2" lower than POI at 7 yards, and worse at 15-20. Accuracy is acceptable for what it is.

Attachment Attached File

Weird Failure

Attachment Attached File

Probably the best group of the day, 7 yards. Circle is two inches, for reference. 10 rounds.

Attachment Attached File

Five mags (50 rounds) fired.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:11:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yesterday was my fourth range trip with the G44.

525 rounds Federal AutoMatch 40gr LRN: One weird looking failure to feed (see photo), second or third round out of the magazine. Round wasn't damaged so I reseated it and it chambered and fired normally. Two light strikes; one went off on the second attempt and another on the third, but once again I'm inclined to blame that on the ammo rather than the gun. *ETA I should note that this round count was done in a bit less than an hour.

Round count is now 2,089, with a grand total of I think seven or eight FTF or FTE issues. Gun has been cleaned and lubed after each range outing. For a modern centerfire pistol used for self-defense I'd consider this failure rate to be unacceptable, for a centerfire plinking gun it'd be irritating, but for a rimfire I personally find it to be pretty damn good. I've owned a pair of .22 pistols in the past - a first gen Walther P22 which was completely unreliable garbage with multiple failures per mag, and a Beretta Neos which was substantially more reliable but IMO not really comparable to the G44. I have five mags now but unfortunately I have yet to mark them, so I don't know if the mag with the FTF was the same as the one(s) that had issues in previous outings. So far the "reliable" ammo types have been CCI Mini Mags, Aguila Super Extra, Armscor 36gr CPHP HV, and Federal AutoMatch; "unreliable" ammo seems to be Federal red box 36gr CPHP but that's a small sample size.

The biggest issue I have, and which I see other people reporting, is the horrible regulation of the sights. Even with my rear sight completely bottomed out, my POA is between 1" and 2" lower than POI at 7 yards, and worse at 15-20. Accuracy is acceptable for what it is.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/413021/20200217_145729_jpg-1281769.JPG

Weird Failure

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/413021/20200217_145608_jpg-1281771.JPG

Probably the best group of the day, 7 yards. Circle is two inches, for reference.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/413021/20200217_145633_jpg-1281774.JPG

Five mags (50 rounds) fired.
View Quote
I'm glad I didn't have my plastic sights on long, about 1k rounds on a steel Ameriglo Agent set. POA/POI.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:33:45 PM EDT
[#46]
I fully plan on purchasing one as soon as they are readily available. Seems they sell out as soon as they hit the shelves.

Customer that bought the first one we sold was in today with his, still no issues from his. He's got at least 2k rounds through it so far. CCI mini mags, Magtech 40 grain, and Federal American Eagle 38 grain is what he's been using.

ETA: He did try Remington Thunderbolts. Shocker, didn't work well.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:50:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Weird, mine gobbles up Remington Thunderbolts and has had no malfunctions. It actually feels like one of the hotter loads I've tested. Got more on the way.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:52:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Weird, mine gobbles up Remington Thunderbolts and has had no malfunctions. It actually feels like one of the hotter loads I've tested. Got more on the way.
View Quote
LOL. I've never had a gun like Thunderbolts. Sig Trailslide, 2 different Browning Buckmarks, Ruger 22/45.

Feed issues only, ammo always fired as reliably as every other bulk pack ammo.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Another update, cleared 2k today....no cleaning or lubrication. No slowdowns or issues, other than ammunition related failures...

Federal American Eagle 40gr LRN - As you can see, around the tail end of the first 100 rounds, I started getting some ammo related malfunctions. I've been able to tolerate this under powered stuff up until today, where I just decided to burn the rest of what remained from the brick. Won't be purchasing this ammunition again. I have to be transparent in that, I can't entirely call this stuff garbage. It could be this stuff is loaded right to the threshold of standard / high velocity...and that the extra 7 or whatever grams I have on the slide (due to the steel Ameriglos) is causing this stuff to run ragged. So excuse my comments below, lol. That was typed in range, at the time.

Mag 1 - No slide lock back, 1x stovepipe
Mag 2/3/4 - No issues
Mag 5 - 1x FTE
Mag 6 - 2x FTE
Mag 7 - No issues
Mag 8 - 3x FTE
Mag 9 - 5x FTE, no slide lock back
Mag 10 - Single shot pistol, malfunction train!
Mag 11/12/13/14 - No issues
Mag 15 - 1x stovepipe, 1x FTE
Mag 16 - No issues
Mag 17 - s**t ammo...
Mag 18 - s**t ammo...
Mag 19 - s**t ammo...
Mag 20 - No issues

CCI Mini-Mag 40gr CPRN - This stuff has been pretty consistent. A bit pricier but come on, were talking .22LR here. Fow now I'll keep a minimum of 1-2k in the stable...but if I keep running into that issue where the bullet tips are stupid waxy...I'll drop this stuff for sure.

Mag 1 - 1x FTE
Mag 2/3 - No issues
Mag 4 - 1x FTE
Mag 5/6/7/8/9/10 - No issues

Remington Thunderbolt 40gr LRN - I've already ordered more of this stuff. Maybe I was lucky with the first lot but these round are loaded hot. Very accurate in my G44....and haven't had a malfunction in the 500 rounds I ran through it. I can't say the same for CCI Mini-Mag CPRN.

Mag 1 through 18 - No issues

Link Posted: 2/21/2020 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#50]
I shot my G44 for the first time today since I bought it back in January.
It sent 909 rnds flawlessly down range that consisted of..

100 rnds of Federal Match
99 rnds of Thunderbolt
100 of CCI
100 of Blazer
410 of Federal Bulk
100 Winchester M-22
No problems of any kind other than one of the Thunderbolts failed to fire.
I did clean prior to shooting...cleaned chamber and barrel after the first 200 rnds after that , I just let it run.
Prefix ..ADU****
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top