BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 6:26:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@ MadDogDan I'd be curious how the flux stacks up to the MPX and Evo in overall length and weight. Comparison pics would be cool.
View Quote
I can get a weight and OAL for you but I don’t have any way of posting pictures ever since I had to start paying for Photo Bucket.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:04:39 AM EDT
[#2]
You don't have to have a host anymore, you can upload pics directly in your post now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You don't have to have a host anymore, you can upload pics directly in your post now.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3591/20190919_080343_jpg-1095427.JPG
View Quote
Thanks, I will give this a try.  Are pictures taken with my iPhone Xr jpg files or do I have to convert them somehow?  I am not a Team Member anymore so I am not sure if I have this option.  I don’t see it when I respond to a post.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 1:45:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I just upload pics from my phone.

You may need to be a member, not sure.

Time to buy a membership maybe???
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I bought a Glock 45 specifically for this. I tried on a gen 4 glock 17 and the grip was too beefy with the way the brace shifted where my fingers lined up with the finger grooves. The gen5 grip is much better. A glock 19 grip would be WAY to squished.

But I had a harder time finding affordable Glock 17 Gen 5 threaded barrels, whereas the Gen 4 glock 19 threaded barrels are also  compatible with gen 5 glock 19/19x/45.

Plus I like the shorter top end when running suppressed. And the Glock 45 has forward serrations which seems helpful to me with a red dot on the top and the brace in the way.

I also didn't want a milled slide or MOS, because the red dot sat too low on my milled 19x when I tried it. I ended up getting a RMR mounting plate that replaced the rear sight so that it puts it up a little higher. It's actually still much lower than I'd like but it's better than milled into the slide.

Overall, the Glock 45 was the perfect host for this set up for me.

I'm still waiting for the flashmag to ship.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/435611/69928552_428645461331485_6875933265811734528_n_jpg-1080664.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So all you guys that have one.....if you were to buy a glock specifically for this...which one would you go with?

Gen 4 or gen 5? MOS set up slide or mount after the fact? 17 or longer?

I have a G17 gen4/5 brace coming.

Keep in mind that I plan to get the flash mag as well.

I need to go buy a new pistola, so leaning gen 5 17 MOS......

Your input is appreciated.

I have had all gens of at lease one of the models, just don't have any gen 4 or 5 now.
I bought a Glock 45 specifically for this. I tried on a gen 4 glock 17 and the grip was too beefy with the way the brace shifted where my fingers lined up with the finger grooves. The gen5 grip is much better. A glock 19 grip would be WAY to squished.

But I had a harder time finding affordable Glock 17 Gen 5 threaded barrels, whereas the Gen 4 glock 19 threaded barrels are also  compatible with gen 5 glock 19/19x/45.

Plus I like the shorter top end when running suppressed. And the Glock 45 has forward serrations which seems helpful to me with a red dot on the top and the brace in the way.

I also didn't want a milled slide or MOS, because the red dot sat too low on my milled 19x when I tried it. I ended up getting a RMR mounting plate that replaced the rear sight so that it puts it up a little higher. It's actually still much lower than I'd like but it's better than milled into the slide.

Overall, the Glock 45 was the perfect host for this set up for me.

I'm still waiting for the flashmag to ship.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/435611/69928552_428645461331485_6875933265811734528_n_jpg-1080664.JPG
Please tell me what mounting plate you chose for the RMR??
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just upload pics from my phone.

You may need to be a member, not sure.

Time to buy a membership maybe???
View Quote
I was a member for years but recently didn’t renew my membership.  Guess I will have to renew this evening.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I ran about 200 rounds through my Fluxed up Glock today...soo much fun.

After getting the correct screws in my holosun and checking that it stayed secure, it shot so well. I got it sighted in for 25 yards.

I ran all reloads through it....124 grain FMJs, 115 FMJs, 124 grain cast powder coated..all ran great, as expected.

Really liking the 27rd PMags. I load them to 25. Seem to be the perfect length. Have 5 now.

Brought my P80 that I added a Holosun on today. The normal pistol with the reddot is going to take me alot of practice to shoot well..yikes!

This fluxed glock will now go on most range trips. Love it!

Added: The height of my Holosun on the MOS plate seems perfect to me.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@ MadDogDan I'd be curious how the flux stacks up to the MPX and Evo in overall length and weight. Comparison pics would be cool.
View Quote
FLUXed G34
OAL: 18”
LOP: 12.5”
WT:   2 lbs.

SIG Copperhead
LOP: 10.75”
WT:   5.1 lbs.

Scorpion Evo3
OAL: 25”
LOP: 12.25”
WT:   6.3 lbs.

All three have different optics so that accounts for some of the weight difference but not by much.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Good info. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 8:27:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

FLUXed G34
LOP: 12.5”
WT:   2 lbs.

SIG Copperhead
LOP: 10.75”
WT:   5.1 lbs.

Scorpion Evo3
OAL: 25”
LOP: 12.25”
WT:   6.3 lbs.

All three have different optics so that accounts for some of the weight difference but not by much.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49370/495A6143-F7EF-4D65-85D8-76BE27CE8987_jpeg-1095971.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49370/8A0DA125-7B22-4E91-B94F-B325DE91893F_jpeg-1095973.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49370/0E2BC8AC-7C66-4D22-ABBF-64E06B92A3CE_jpeg-1095975.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49370/C8CF797D-D093-417D-94EC-2674FDCC33AD_jpeg-1095977.JPG
View Quote
Couple of things
1) thanks for doing that
2) all really cool
3) surprised how much lighter the flux is than everything
4) what work did you have done on the Glock?
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:59:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Couple of things
1) thanks for doing that
2) all really cool
3) surprised how much lighter the flux is than everything
4) what work did you have done on the Glock?
View Quote
1) Swapped the stock barrel for an OEM threaded barrel.
2) Swapped the connector for a 3.5 lb.
3) swapped the trigger for an Agency Arms flat trigger.
4) Had Zeroed In Armory mill & Cerakote slide.
5) Added Suppressor Height Night Sights from Ameriglo.
6) Installed Trijicon SRO red dot.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#12]
This what I mean about using this as a good travel gun. 41 rounds of 9mm, red dot, 1000 lumen light, headshots at 50 yards all day, about 3 pounds with everything. This is a rush 12 the smaller front pocket. Still able to use the whole back for actual stuff.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I am interested in one for my gen 5 Glock 34. What mods. If any do you have to make. They say something about a oversized slide release. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 8:36:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am interested in one for my gen 5 Glock 34. What mods. If any do you have to make. They say something about a oversized slide release. Thanks
View Quote
You have to swap out the extended ambi-slide stop with a regular low profile slide stop.  The dimples (which Glock calls “extended”) are in the way.  Takes 5 minutes to change the part.  Not sure of the cost as a friend had a spare that I used but I bet it can be more than $12 or $15 if that much.
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#15]
I believ this may be what you seek!

Click me
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I ordered on September 9th, just received a shipping notification.

Now I just need to buy a Gen 5 Glock 17 MOS.  

Does anybody have any suggestions on the be deal online?
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 5:48:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I swear to Christ, Flux Defense has until October 4th to ship my Flashmag or I'm cancelling my order. Their 1-2 week wait is now at 7 weeks. I'll give them two months and then I'm done.

Well, it looks like my Flashmag may get here before the 4th, after all. Twenty-seven minutes after I made this post, I got an email from them stating that my order was shipping. Of course, the email actually just says a shipping label was created. We'll see.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 8:34:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd honestly pick one up on the EE or locally on Armslist.  I'd get a non-MOS and have it milled also... I picked up a Gen 5 G34 MOS and sent it off to Agency Arms for their AOS cut.. want to set up something like this eventually.

Maybe go this far:

Week 9 of 10 weeks!
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 1:38:35 AM EDT
[#20]
They must have just finished a new batch today because I got shipping notice for items ordered late July. Lol
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 3:26:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
What did you order from them?

I am still awaiting a Flux brace and Flashmag Rail that I ordered back in August.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I am still awaiting a Flux brace and Flashmag Rail that I ordered back in August.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered a left hand Flux brace and the flashmag on May 25th.  It shipped August 8th.   Their time to shipping leaves a lot to be desired.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
G17 Brace and a Flashmag.  Going to build a pocket PDW!
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:27:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

G17 Brace and a Flashmag.  Going to build a pocket PDW!
View Quote
WTF, Unless the Flashmag Rail is backordered, my order got bypassed. Last week they told me delays were due to steel parts getting to them. As far as I can tell, the Flashmags are all polymer, except hardware.

Their time until shipment are all over the place. One guy waited 3 months, while another guy gets his order in less than a month. I'll definitely be sending them another e-mail.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

WTF, Unless the Flashmag Rail is backordered, my order got bypassed. Last week they told me delays were due to steel parts getting to them. As far as I can tell, the Flashmags are all polymer, except hardware.

Their time until shipment are all over the place. One guy waited 3 months, while another guy gets his order in less than a month. I'll definitely be sending them another e-mail.
View Quote
Well, in their defense, my order still hasn't actually shipped.  I got an email that a label had been created and it was awaiting pickup by the carrier.  So I expected it to be in transit that afternoon.

Still hasn't been picked up.  

I'm not upset though.  I knew what I signed up for, and their website said 3-6 week wait when I ordered, so no problem on my part.  I understand your pain however.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Well, in their defense, my order still hasn't actually shipped.  I got an email that a label had been created and it was awaiting pickup by the carrier.  So I expected it to be in transit that afternoon.

Still hasn't been picked up.  

I'm not upset though.  I knew what I signed up for, and their website said 3-6 week wait when I ordered, so no problem on my part.  I understand your pain however.
View Quote
At least you're one step closer to getting your product than I. I placed an order for a standard 17/34 G4/5 Flux brace and Flashmag Rail on 8/4. Currently on week 7. Their lead time estimates are certainly way to optimistic on their part. But it seems like you got shipment info within 4 weeks of your order. So I'd be curious to how they organize their orders. Their first come first serve doesn't seem to apply to them. I was okay waiting once I heard they were waiting on parts, but again, it seemed like they forgot about my order somewhere which is why I am upset.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

At least you're one step closer to getting your product than I. I placed an order for a standard 17/34 G4/5 Flux brace and Flashmag Rail on 8/4. Currently on week 7. Their lead time estimates are certainly way to optimistic on their part. But it seems like you got shipment info within 4 weeks of your order. So I'd be curious to how they organize their orders. Their first come first serve doesn't seem to apply to them. I was okay waiting once I heard they were waiting on parts, but again, it seemed like they forgot about my order somewhere which is why I am upset.
View Quote
I ordered a Flashmag and a holster on 8/4. I ended up cancelling the holster part of the order several weeks ago. I, too, got the "waiting on steel parts" line when I called last week. This week, I got a shipping notification, but it appears to just be creation of the label. When I ordered, the estimated lead time was 1-2 weeks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#28]
I want a flashmag holster, but would kind of like it this year, so have been hesitant to order.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's because they're too busy giving free shit to Instagram influencers who have zero clue on how to efficiently operate a firearm beyond a one-way range, and to the Youtubers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 6:35:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That's because they're too busy giving free shit to Instagram influencers who have zero clue on how to efficiently operate a firearm beyond a one-way range, and to the Youtubers.
View Quote
See my first post in this thread on page 1. I came to the same conclusion
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#31]
So I received my "shipping label created" e-mail after I sent them an e-mail last night about their first come, first serve issue I had with them.

I am starting to think maybe the shipping label created is just a ploy to keep customers patient. Sort of like, here is a bread crumb, keep hanging in there etc.

I'd be curious to when products will actually ship. Most places have things shipped the net business day. But I don't have high hopes...
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So I received my "shipping label created" e-mail after I sent them an e-mail last night about their first come, first serve issue I had with them.

I am starting to think maybe the shipping label created is just a ploy to keep customers patient. Sort of like, here is a bread crumb, keep hanging in there etc.

I'd be curious to when products will actually ship. Most places have things shipped the net business day. But I don't have high hopes...
View Quote
I think you're right.  I may be wrong,but I think it was 4 or 5 days or more before I had movement beyond label printed on mine.   it may be a way to mark it as ship this one in the next batch.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 12:19:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Mine now shows that it actually shipped out today and is in transit for delivery by Saturday the 28th.

I promise, I’m not an instagram celebrity or youtuber.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 10:25:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Mine now shows that it actually shipped out today and is in transit for delivery by Saturday the 28th.

I promise, I'm not an instagram celebrity or youtuber.  
View Quote
I just checked and my shipping label that they created a few days ago shows that the package was accepted at the post office (by them) last night at 9:30pm and will be delivered today.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I promise, I’m not an instagram celebrity or youtuber.  
View Quote
Mine says the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#36]
I ordered a Glock 17 G5 MOS FS from my local fun dealer.  Will be here Tuesday, which gives me time to find a good deal on a Deltapoint or Holoson.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 12:41:40 AM EDT
[#37]
I received the flash mag today. It's great! The flux brace really isn't a complete platform without the flash mag imo.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 12:51:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I received the flash mag today. It's great! The flux brace really isn't a complete platform without the flash mag imo.
View Quote
100% agree.

Brace, flash mag and reddot.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 1:29:56 AM EDT
[#39]
I still really want one for my G41, but I don't do backorders. When one of you lot gets bored with it, lemme know
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 6:41:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I still really want one for my G41, but I don't do backorders. When one of you lot gets bored with it, lemme know
View Quote
just pretend it's like NFA stuff. Order, try and forget about it, be excited when you get it! 3 months for a brace seems way better than the 11 months I just did for a piece of tube with curvy washers in it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

just pretend it's like NFA stuff. Order, try and forget about it, be excited when you get it! 3 months for a brace seems way better than the 11 months I just did for a piece of tube with curvy washers in it.
View Quote
I could, but then that defeats the 1 of the purposes of building "pistols". Besides saving $200 and not being able to cross state lines without ATF notification.

With that said, looks like Flux followed through and my package was shipped the following day the label was created.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Mine shows it was delivered yesterday.  I’ll find out for sure when I get back into town today.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
100% agree.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
100% agree.

Exactly.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
100% agree.

Exactly.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/435611/20190928_114422_jpg-1105540.JPG
Yup.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#45]
needs long slide with the flux pair.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 9:08:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Oof. Now that is sexy.

What can is that?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/28/2019 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Oof. Now that is sexy.

What can is that?

Thanks!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Oof. Now that is sexy.

What can is that?

Thanks!

Thanks! Omega 9k.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 11:19:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
needs long slide with the flux pair.
View Quote
Yeah, it looks better on a 17 or 34/35 than a 19 or 45.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 11:41:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yeah, it looks better on a 17 or 34/35 than a 19 or 45.
View Quote
Waiting on a gen 3 brace, then I'll see if I can mount it on an 80%
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 11:54:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Added a set of suppressor height all black steel sights I had in the spares box.

Glamor shots;)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top