BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 52
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are more MOS cuts too short than too long, but RMR on the + side of the tolerance is common, there are solutions for it.  Relieve the front of the round recoil lugs (front of the lugs is flat), and if you mess up, we'll replace the plate all the same.  When folks already have their minds made up and firmly believe Trijicon's tolerances above, and Glock's below our plate are our problem to solve, there are no workable solutions because everything is our fault, never mind we make neither the sight nor the slide.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
There are more MOS cuts too short than too long, but RMR on the + side of the tolerance is common, there are solutions for it.  Relieve the front of the round recoil lugs (front of the lugs is flat), and if you mess up, we'll replace the plate all the same.  When folks already have their minds made up and firmly believe Trijicon's tolerances above, and Glock's below our plate are our problem to solve, there are no workable solutions because everything is our fault, never mind we make neither the sight nor the slide.

Quoted:

Fingers crossed that doesn’t happen to me. The most unusual and least often occurrences happen to me. RMR gets here tomorrow.

Mine was a little snug, but I got it all to fit just fine
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What iron sights are those?
View All Quotes

Amerglo GL470
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fingers crossed that doesn’t happen to me. The most unusual and least often occurrences happen to me. RMR gets here tomorrow.

Well @duffy I got lucky for once. I’m sitting waiting for the BROWN TRUCK OF HAPPINESS to arrive and I decided to set up my work station.

Got the plate out of the box and test fitted it and it slides in with a satisfying little “click” but not too tight. Turn the gun upside down with no screws in and it doesn’t fall out.

Awesome looking work. Cant wait to get my RMR on it tonight.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#4]
@Kiltakaze we don't do back orders so I don't think you're referring to us?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome, thank you for sharing your experience

Quoted:

Well @duffy I got lucky for once. I’m sitting waiting for the BROWN TRUCK OF HAPPINESS to arrive and I decided to set up my work station.

Got the plate out of the box and test fitted it and it slides in with a satisfying little “click” but not too tight. Turn the gun upside down with no screws in and it doesn’t fall out.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@Kiltakaze we don't do back orders so I don't think you're referring to us?
View Quote

No that was CHPWS. You have been nothing but awesome for every order.

Edited that post to clarify
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:59:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I’ll be sharing the gospel of the OPF-G
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#8]
@Duffy

Since you guys generally stick to AR related stuff, do you have any plans to make RMR mounts for AR's?

A lower 1/3 and an offset 45 would be killer. Personaly I would be in for a 45 mount (or two).

Hell, you make it and send me one and I'll put it on my patrol rifle and test for you absolutely free of charge. I seriously am that nice of a guy.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@Duffy

Since you guys generally stick to AR related stuff, do you have any plans to make RMR mounts for AR's?

A lower 1/3 and an offset 45 would be killer. Personaly I would be in for a 45 mount (or two).
View Quote

An offset 45 at the equivalent height of 170 or 193 that supported the optic promoting return to zero after a battery swap would be legendary.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:37:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

An offset 45 at the equivalent height of 170 or 193 that supported the optic promoting return to zero after a battery swap would be legendary.
View Quote

Glad you agree
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Wasn't thinking about it, only we had a design for backup sights, then gave up on it because it'd be less expensive and better to just use an offset red dot sight.  That was where the project had stopped, I didn't make the leap to designing an offset RMR mount because there are already many good choices in the space.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wasn't thinking about it, only we had a design for backup sights, then gave up on it because it'd be less expensive and better to just use an offset red dot sight.  That was where the project had stopped, I didn't make the leap to designing an offset RMR mount because there are already many good choices in the space.
View Quote

"many good choices"... doesn't your business model revolve around making the best choices available? Just saying lol
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not a complaint, just thought it was funny, ordered my second RMR mount, cause it is hands down the best out there but check this shit out lol:

Good ol' USPS, final destination is supposed to be near Austin:

Attachment Attached File
Fuckers sent it to CT, NJ and NY to get their germs on it
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry, should have taken only a day, you're only 35 minutes from us
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:31:22 PM EDT
[#15]
True, only if we can improve on it.  I haven't been an offset red dot sight user so I need to do a lot more shooting with it first

Quoted:

"many good choices"... doesn't your business model revolve around making the best choices available? Just saying lol
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:15:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sorry, should have taken only a day, you're only 35 minutes from us
View Quote

Ya'll do physically ship alarmingly fast though, so there's that at least.   Keep up the great work.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not a complaint, just thought it was funny, ordered my second RMR mount, cause it is hands down the best out there but check this shit out lol:

Good ol' USPS, final destination is supposed to be near Austin:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435001/screenshot_jpg-1807588.JPG

Fuckers sent it to CT, NJ and NY to get their germs on it
View Quote

Mine took the scenic route also.  It did get to me, it just wanted to go out east for some reason.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:33:23 AM EDT
[#18]
After getting caught up on this thread...  I ordered 1 of Duffy's plate to replace my MOS plate.

Already shipped, Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I mounted on the MOS plate first just to see the difference. It’s very obvious the FCD is just better made and thought out/designed.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Someone on YT had made a comment on OPF-G, RMR's fences being cosmetic.  I'm incredulous as to the amount and lack of depth of opinions founded on incomplete, or wholly absence of understanding of what causes screws to loosen and shear.

OPF-G, RMR has the same thickness and thread engagement as the Glock OEM plate.  Whereas screws loosen and shear on optics mounted on OEM plates, they do not on ours.  One might imagine that alone should be enough to validate OPF-G, RMR's design. These "cosmetic" fences have a purpose, that is to keep the sight immobile, and keep the sight to plate screws' role as they had been intended, which is to keep the sight down on the plate.

The two recoil lugs alone are insufficient in keeping the sight from moving along the bore in recoil.  OPF-G, RMR's front fence serves to tightly hold the sight on the plate, its rear fence is but a backup.

No amount of increase in sight to plate screw strength, or thread engagement would solve the issue of screws loosening and shearing if the sight moves on the plate in recoil, these address but the symptoms of the cause, but never the cause itself.  Past minimum thread engagement, there is precious little to no return.

OPF-G, DPP does this even better.  Whereas RMR has a +/- 0.005 tolerance, DPP is far tighter at +/- 0.002, and has 2x the number of recoil lugs.  DPP literally snaps onto OPF-G, DPP.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't really need to read over this thread or know anything about micro red dots on pistols but when I'm ready I'll definitely go with FCD.

I'm thinking about the 43x/48 mos but if I grab a 19 I know this will be the mount.

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#22]
43x/48 OPF-G plate was started months ago, just shipped the slide to the shop for prototype fitting.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 12:04:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
43x/48 OPF-G plate was started months ago, just shipped the slide to the shop for prototype fitting.
View Quote

By the time I grab one and figure out the optic hopefully these are available.

I'm going to be looking for something to offset on a rifle soon too so I need to research all this stuff but I'm definitely getting the plate from you guys.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:11:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Someone on YT had made a comment on OPF-G, RMR's fences being cosmetic.  I'm incredulous as to the amount and lack of depth of opinions founded on incomplete, or wholly absence of understanding of what causes screws to loosen and shear.

OPF-G, RMR has the same thickness and thread engagement as the Glock OEM plate.  Whereas screws loosen and shear on optics mounted on OEM plates, they do not on ours.  One might imagine that alone should be enough to validate OPF-G, RMR's design. These "cosmetic" fences have a purpose, that is to keep the sight immobile, and keep the sight to plate screws' role as they had been intended, which is to keep the sight down on the plate.

The two recoil lugs alone are insufficient in keeping the sight from moving along the bore in recoil.  OPF-G, RMR's front fence serves to tightly hold the sight on the plate, its rear fence is but a backup.

No amount of increase in sight to plate screw strength, or thread engagement would solve the issue of screws loosening and shearing if the sight moves on the plate in recoil, these address but the symptoms of the cause, but never the cause itself.  Past minimum thread engagement, there is precious little to no return.

OPF-G, DPP does this even better.  Whereas RMR has a +/- 0.005 tolerance, DPP is far tighter at +/- 0.002, and has 2x the number of recoil lugs.  DPP literally snaps onto OPF-G, DPP.
View Quote

@Duffy
Some people learn early, others later.  Those in the know will know and spread it to others.  I wouldn't worry about it Roger.  Your products speak for themselves.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
...Past minimum thread engagement, there is precious little to no return...
View Quote

Am I correct in remembering that figure to be equal to half the diameter of the threads of the screw?  Like a 6-48 screw is 0.135" in diameter at the threads so once you reach 0.068" thread depth there is no increase in strength?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#26]
We will have a whitepaper in our FAQ section on the subject.  The more informed the buyers, the better decisions they can make.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#27]
@DOE I'm not concerned about them, it's curious how someone can be so wrong and still speak on the subject as though from a position of authority he couldn't be further from.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

@Duffy
Some people learn early, others later.  Those in the know will know and spread it to others.  I wouldn't worry about it Roger.  Your products speak for themselves.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Duffy

As I said earlier I have spread the gospel of FCD.  Coworker has a 34 with the DPP and is using the MOS plates.  After seeing mine and how solid it is he says he will be buying one.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Thank you very much!  You guys are a big reason OPF-G, RMR has done as well as it has, we are grateful
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I’m glad somebody thinks their stuff isn’t that good or close to equal to @duffy /FCD STUFF.

A lot of the people in the Reddit forums act like they’re equals and some think better. I’ve researched extensively and any thing I put a red dot on will get FCD
View Quote

Would be really great if they made a popular compatible plate for the 508t or 509 so people without RMRs aren't SOL.

Going to try the OPFG with the shorter screws and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:17:45 PM EDT
[#31]
We have our reasons, these aren't appropriate for the tech forum so we don't talk about them here.  Short of a large agency request and purchase order, it's a settled matter.  H sights are authorized for some big agencies, which is a surprise to me but they didn't ask us, so we're not going there.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We have our reasons, these aren't appropriate for the tech forum so we don't talk about them here.  Short of a large agency request and purchase order, it's a settled matter.  H sights are authorized for some big agencies, which is a surprise to me but they didn't ask us, so we're not going there.
View Quote

Word. I'll make it work
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 6:54:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Ordered Friday; shipped Friday; received today, via USPS no less; I should have bought a lottery ticket at the same time. FCD has my future business if I have the need.  Now just waiting for my G19G5 to arrive.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ordered Friday; shipped Friday; received today, via USPS no less; I should have bought a lottery ticket at the same time. FCD has my future business if I have the need.  Now just waiting for my G19G5 to arrive.
View Quote

Eye candy for your wait...

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 9:44:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/XkAcAeq.jpg?1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/XkAcAeq.jpg?1

I’ll pile mine on. Need a TLR-7A. Didn’t like the x300 or TLR since not flush fit.

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Got you covered  I have an RMRcc on it now with the OPF-G, RMRcc plate, I quite like the smaller size.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

So it’s really happening?

I ordered another adapter plate for my G43X and it doesn’t fit...not even close. I think I’ll run irons until you plate is ready.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:52:20 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
Figured it out; delete
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#39]
The 43x/48 RMRcc adapter plate has compromises that seriously made me think whether we should do it.  The plate will elevate the sight, and given RMRcc's small window, both the sight position and small sight window will make backup sights difficult to use.  In exchange, you get to use a very rugged US made sight, so it's for those willing to accept the tradeoffs.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:59:03 AM EDT
[#40]
After reading 34 pages, I'm convinced to order a plate for my new 19.5 MOS. The only question I have, which may not apply to the FCD plate would be is there a set of suppressor height sites it pairs well with?
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
After reading 34 pages, I'm convinced to order a plate for my new 19.5 MOS. The only question I have, which may not apply to the FCD plate would be is there a set of suppressor height sites it pairs well with?
View Quote

My GL-429 from Ameriglo are perfect.  All Black so no competing distractions with the dot.

The sight once installed sits right above the front sight blade.  Just needed very little adjustment.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 2:45:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Just got one it's coming today, the A variant wasn't an option last year
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Thank you. Ordered the Gl429 set to go with the plate.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I wish the rear was serrated.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My GL-429 from Ameriglo are perfect.  All Black so no competing distractions with the dot.

The sight once installed sits right above the front sight blade.  Just needed very little adjustment.

I wish the rear was serrated.

Funny enough, that is my only complaint with them.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Dawson has some options
https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-glock-mos-fixed-co-witness-sight-set-for-trijicon-rmr-and-similar-red-dot-scopes/
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:02:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The 43x/48 RMRcc adapter plate has compromises that seriously made me think whether we should do it.  The plate will elevate the sight, and given RMRcc's small window, both the sight position and small sight window will make backup sights difficult to use.  In exchange, you get to use a very rugged US made sight, so it's for those willing to accept the tradeoffs.
View Quote

With suppressor hieght sights? Does it make grabbing aftermarket sights void?

Just trying to figure all this stuff out as a shop by me usually has a 43x or 48 mos in stock when I stop in. I could just get a full size but with the new 15 round SA mags I'm thinking about making my first RDS glock a thin one with a new surefire coming up.

It just seems like the way to go. Irons aren't a deal breaker but I'm partial to putting night sights on all my glocks and assume that I'll need a higher suppressor hieght for a RDS.

Edit- maybe this is something else you could put on the drawing board if you have a shop capable sights that are made for mos glocks
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:11:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Suppressor sights should work, but we have no data on anything yet.  The ability to use backup sights is important, most agencies mandate the pistol be equipped with backup sights if they have red dot sights.

G19 can use both the RMR and smaller RMRcc, suppressor sights for G19 are abundant, I think even with the wider slide and frame it's an easy choice over G48 given the ease of outfitting it as required.  Against G43X though, the argument may be harder to make, but I don't write agency policies, procedures and manuals
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Suppressor sights should work, but we have no data on anything yet.  The ability to use backup sights is important, most agencies mandate the pistol be equipped with backup sights if they have red dot sights.
View Quote

I see that the RMRcc doesn't fit on the 43x/48 mos without the adapters to raise it. I see now and will have to find out what I want to do. I'm thinking about other options as far as optics but I'm definitely going to look at your design if whatever I get has a FCD compatible plate.

Edit- irons are definitely mandatory for anything other than a range toy.
Page / 52
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top